ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SideshowDusty said:
Please remember that these products are NOT Sideshow products. If Medicom and Hot Toys have not finalized the product information yet, we can't do anything until that happens. Toy Fair was a good opportunity to preview these, and Hot Toys and Medicom did not want to miss that opportunity.

yeah yeah yeah... so you are right... so you're making total sense...

BUT I WANT IT NOW DAMMIT!!

:D :lol

Oh well,see ya in a few weeks!

Promises to be big!:lol

SideshowDusty said:
Please remember that these products are NOT Sideshow products. If Medicom and Hot Toys have not finalized the product information yet, we can't proceed with pre-orders until that happens.

I don't care about the specs... I just want one! :D :rotfl

Just kidding! Thanks for the sneak peek.

Should have told us The POWER LOADER WON'T BE OFFERED FOR PRE-ORDER AT TOYFAIR before TF began... not this last minute bs after we've been talking about the P.O. for this all week, sorry, pissed off! If you were intending to and HT yanked it last minute that's another thing.. but it's still poor form IMO.

It's still on the SSC Booth Map #13 with the OTHER HT Aliens Figure which was previewd the same way and offered at TF. :monkey4

Last edited:
pjam said:
Should have told us The POWER LOADER WON'T BE OFFERED FOR PRE-ORDER AT TOYFAIR before TF began... not this last minute bs after we've been talking about the P.O. for this all week, sorry, pissed off! If you were intending to and HT yanked it last minute that's another thing.. but it's still poor form IMO.

It's still on the SSC Booth Map #13 with the OTHER HT Aliens Figure which was previewd the same way and offered at TF. :monkey4
It's not like Sideshow teased us with something that will never be made, eventually we'll have our pre-orders, just wait.
I do think it was a very bad idea to not inform us that the Power loader and MGS figures wouldn't be offered until the very last minute, it would've gone over far better to just be upfront with us from the beginning.

Yes, it's odd that the Power Loader is previewed along with all the other items - which can be ordered -, and all of a sudden, it's like as if it was clear from the beginning that the Power Loader was never mend to go up for order during the '07 Toy Fair! Really could have told us that earlier.

yeah, so it seems that the price of the powerloader is undetermined as of yet...

showphoto.php

Reinhardt said:
yeah, so it seems that the price of the powerloader is undetermined as of yet...

showphoto.php

Which is maybe why it was "pulled". I wish everyone (toysites, other boards) would stop throwing this $300 price point out there like it was acceptable, it's not. Ed was 190 retail (165 at Alter Ego for e.g.) and was an amazingly highly detailed 15" figure... Certainly not quite as intricate as Ed but probably used far more material to make as the PL is basically an open-framed piece and once these are designed, there is only so much cost to produce it...

Let's hope so... I think it may be bigger than ED... and with all the tubing, and the working light, it'll drive up the cost. but I'm all for it!

POWER LOADER not offered!

Doesn't the preview say "Coming to Toyfair 2007" below:

behindtheshow

It came and went, I guess. That's a dirty little sneak. They could have said its a preview of an item that will be "coming soon".

pjam said:
If they are rethinking setting the prices higher because of all the toysite bs I will be very pissed off!

This sucks. What a big let down.

And yeah, no doubt they're rethinking what they can get for this item. I guess it doesn't pay to be excited.

Not offered but previewed and displayed with the Warrior which WAS offered. How come SSC didn't know they wouldn't be offering this until today?

Obviously HT monitors these sites and "pulled" it for whatever reason. The fact WE the Collectors were "led on", posting hundreds of comments in anticipation of ordering it all week with NO NOTICE of anything to the contrary from anyone really pisses me off... also these stupid toysites like cooltoys flying a 300 trial balloon when it really shouldn't be more than $230 tops (with a healthy profit built in) leads me to believe HT wanted more time to think about their price point before offering it...

All in all, a VERY POORLY EXECUTED TF "Offing" and if greed played a part in it, it is a shame. And you know many "reps" were whispering in HT Reps ears, telling them Not what it's worth but what they could get for it...

Time will tell, HT is a wonderful company and has been a very fair company but others may be influencing why it wasn't offered...

Last edited:
Pjam, perhaps all of the "constructive" criticism you guys sent to Howard Chen about tweaking the PL for details and accuracy had something to do with it. You DO want it to be perfect, right?

dekadentdave said:
Pjam, perhaps all of the "constructive" criticism you guys sent to Howard Chen about tweaking the PL for details and accuracy had something to do with it. You DO want it to be perfect, right?

??? The PL looks perfect to me, you mean the Warrior? If so it has no bearing as the Warrior is up for pre order for a 3rd Qtr release. The PL is schedded for 4th Qtr...

It's cool bro!! We'll get through this together! Totally sucks, but we'll make sure we each get one AS SOON as they go on sale.

:D :D :D :D

Reinhardt said:
It's cool bro!! We'll get through this together! Totally sucks, but we'll make sure we each get one AS SOON as they go on sale.

:D :D :D :D

Thanks man, I'm still pretty steamed about how this was handled but I can tell you right now I will not pay $300 for a molded vinyl figure which costs maybe $75-85 to produce/figure for the run...

Well....on another note...anyone remember the old Kenner ALIENS toy series? With all the different Alien variations like the Gorilla Alien and Mantis Alien?

Or how about the Marines?

MarAponeLoose1b.jpg

"Look into my eye,Hudson."

Bardoon said:
Well....on another note...anyone remember the old Kenner ALIENS toy series? With all the different Alien variations like the Gorilla Alien and Mantis Alien?

Or how about the Marines?

MarAponeLoose1b.jpg

"Look into my eye,Hudson."

God I hate Hasblo. This crap should be erased from history.

pjam said:
Thanks man, I'm still pretty steamed about how this was handled but I can tell you right now I will not pay $300 for a molded vinyl figure which costs maybe $75-85 to produce/figure for the run...

i hear you on the cost issue... it's just so hard as this is like THE figure to get from THE movie... ED-209 was quite pricey, but in my opinion, worth every penny. I have no doubt that Hot Toys will deliver with the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back