ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Figuremaster Les said:
GOOD LORD!!! :monkey4

I hang loose due to local weather and tons of figure work, all happy and jazzin' over my Hot Toys Aliens announcements and coming coolness...
and return....TO THIS STURM & DRANG!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.

Well, so...we wait.
I'm cool with it. I got a LOT of HT & SS goodness to get yet. No hurry I guess. Unlike most of you, I do not have an ED209 yet...or Robo...or all my Predators, or much more. I might even rethink my Jabba cancel now...might even get that brownie Alien afterall!

So, cheer up guys. It was a year away anyway.
WE'VE SEEN IT'S REAL!!! :banana Blinking lights and all!

And yes, ok... despite all I said about it,
I DID order the ALIENS warrior! :D
SUPPORT THEM NO MATTER WHAT!
So we shall see this Powerloader soon enough!

Have faith it will be the best!

And remember, RIPLEY's due! ROCK IT! :rock

:lol :lol :lol

Just be happy you missed THIS storm bro! On to Ripley and to commemorate their arrival I offer this:

Ripley: How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?
Hicks: [pause] Seventeen days.
Hudson: *Seventeen days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours! Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here...
Ripley: Hudson!
Hudson: ...and they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!
Ripley: HUDSON! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training.
[to Newt]
Ripley: Right?
[Newt apes a salute]
Hudson: So why don't you put her in charge?
Ripley: You'd better just start dealing with it, Hudson! Listen to me! Hudson, just deal with it because we need you and I'm sick of your bull$hit.

:rock:rock:rock

Rock on Les!!

I think that next Halloween I will put together a Colonial Marine costume and celebrate the year Aliens came back and conquered! (as sad as it is to already be thinking of Halloween costumes.) :lol

I might even have it together for SDCC.... :D

IMG_2153.JPG

PL says 4th qtr 07, okay, figure a year away! LOL.

Frost was probably Apone, meaning Apone's head was Frost.. I think Andy B actually raised that likeness issue long ago...

I must be weird or something, but I'm not getting what all the fuss is about...
So I can't pre-order an item that will be available around november/december, like, at least 8 months from now!
Uhm... what's there to be upset about?

Back on topic, I am praying (and I'm not a religious man) that this is Hot Toys' only foray into speculative fiction when it comes to the design of the xenomorphs we know and love so well.
If HT pull this "interpretation/artistic license" crap on the Giger design I swear I will boycott you (HT) guys. And if there is an Alien 3 xeno, HT's designers had better take a good look at SST's maquette.
I'm serious.
I don't doubt the quality or overall beauty of the design of this warrior I'm pre-ordering, but it is a far cry from the accuracy of the AvP warrior. That is what I have come to expect from HT and nothing less.
Movie masterpiece. Call me crazy, but I figure accuracy plays a role in that.
If I wanted interpretations I could go to McFarlane and save some 100 dollars in the process.
I'm sure I'm not too off the mark if I say that if you polled people 9 out of 10 would choose a movie accurate version over any other "improved" design.
Understand that I'm not bashing the artistic value of an interpretation such as is being offered. It is beautiful in its own right. It's just not what I and a zillion fans want.

Ok, sorry for the rant.
I guess it's not been such a good day.

No, I CLEARLY saw Frost at SDCC. In fact, SS erred (what else is new) and posted Frost's images instead of Hudson for about a month when pre-orders for Hudson began. And I may have an image somewhere which I will post if I can find it.

I'd buy a Frost for sure!
And all the rest of the gang.

And abake, I hear you friend!
You KNOW how I feel....
If they get to THE A L I E N, and pull this crap....

Well....let's hope they don't, and leave it at that.

No need polluting this fine thread (or any others) with further antagonisms that would not sit well with HT or SS for that matter.

So, rejoice! Ripley is coming soon!

And thanks Pjam! I needed that! Hudson is coming too! :D

"WHY DON'T YOU PUT HER IN CHARGE!", :rotfl Hudson! One of Cinema's greatest producers of the one-liner!

Oh, and Josh, if you are shaping up to be a CM for Hallow's Eve...watch for Bugs bro! :D Been there, DONE THAT!
alien2.gif

dekadentdave said:
No, I CLEARLY saw Frost at SDCC. In fact, SS erred (what else is new) and posted Frost's images instead of Hudson for about a month when pre-orders for Hudson began. And I may have an image somewhere which I will post if I can find it.

I'd like to see the pics. Is his armor/gear any different than Hudson's?

is it just me, or are the likeness of the Marines... off??

Robocop, ED-209 look perfect... but the Marines leave something to be desired..

Reinhardt said:
is it just me, or are the likeness of the Marines... off??

Robocop, ED-209 look perfect... but the Marines leave something to be desired..

I get the feeling that the hot shot designers at Hot Toys get the cool assignements like Superman and the AvP creatures and Robocop and the newbies do the Marine heads. There's nothing wrong with them but they're not being all that they can be, which is ironic as they are Marines after all.

Hope theres going to be a 360 turnaround for the loader when it goes up.That will make the wait worthwhile.

gdb said:
I get the feeling that the hot shot designers at Hot Toys get the cool assignements like Superman and the AvP creatures and Robocop and the newbies do the Marine heads. There's nothing wrong with them but they're not being all that they can be, which is ironic as they are Marines after all.

Let's just hope the newbies don't get the PowerLoader project... From what we've seen so far, it looks good.

galactiboy said:
But isn't it just the Hudson figure (same armor and gear) with the wrong head?

Yeah.... I think it was just a mistake with the head. The armor and weaponry was ALL Hudson. The head doesn't even look like Frost anyway, he has a mustache and Frost didn't.

Frost's armor is pretty simple, not as customized as the other guys... no cloth cover on his helmet, no real extra gear or anything. Unless you count the bag of ammo he died holding. :lol

"I got a bad feeling about this jump....."

Frost would be cool, But I think DD is reaching here.....:rolleyes:

Figuremaster Les said:
I'd buy a Frost for sure!
And all the rest of the gang.

And abake, I hear you friend!
You KNOW how I feel....
If they get to THE A L I E N, and pull this crap....

Well....let's hope they don't, and leave it at that.

No need polluting this fine thread (or any others) with further antagonisms that would not sit well with HT or SS for that matter.

So, rejoice! Ripley is coming soon!

And thanks Pjam! I needed that! Hudson is coming too! :D

"WHY DON'T YOU PUT HER IN CHARGE!", :rotfl Hudson! One of Cinema's greatest producers of the one-liner!

Oh, and Josh, if you are shaping up to be a CM for Hallow's Eve...watch for Bugs bro! :D Been there, DONE THAT!
alien2.gif

Yeah, it's time to rejoice in the fact that we're getting awesome action figures from our beloved monsters.
At any rate, I'm sure the powers that be at Hot Toys have a pretty clear picture of what our feelings on accuracy are :lol
I'm sure they will do what they can. As has been mentioned many times before, it's not always up to them how a figure ends up looking or how accurate it is.
I remember there were quite a few questioning looks when McFarlane's final production figure of the alien was released. McF's original prototype was simply brilliant, possibly the best representation of the alien I've ever seen, and we all know how the figure turned out. Not bad, just not accurate. McF's reps mentioned (unofficially) that the changes had been made due to a direct request from Fox execs, who wanted the figure "mcfarlenized".
Maybe now Fox wants the aliens "takeya-ized".
Where else are the aliens up for pre-order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back