ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darklord Dave said:
We've had this discussion before - I believe Alien and Aliens are both excellent representations of their different genres. Alien is a near perfect horror film, while Aliens is a near perfect action adventure film. Both are classics, which can't be said for most films and their first sequels.

...perhaps Godfather and Star Wars.

...and Hellraiser I &II (forget about the others).

Darklord Dave said:
We've had this discussion before - I believe Alien and Aliens are both excellent representations of their different genres. Alien is a near perfect horror film, while Aliens is a near perfect action adventure film. Both are classics, which can't be said for most films and their first sequels.

Man, you post late. Seems like I'm on your tail tonight...

True, it is like Apples and Oranges. I love 'em both.

And IMHO, there are only two instances where a sequel was better than the original: Road Warrior and Goldfinger.

Hmmmmmm, talk about late entry............that Ripley is pretty kewl.................
theverse

Darklord Dave said:
...Both are classics, which can't be said for most films and their first sequels.

Don't forget Indy! Or Frankenstein. :D

I have a question into popsalute who sells HT pre-order stuff from Asia months in advance. This guy will have the scoop on Ellen.

I'm Hoping our girl was a HT proto for SDCC. Stay tuned!

Darklord Dave said:

I feel Terminator & Terminator 2 must be included here.

Wor-Gar said:
Brilliant idea!

I forgot all about that guy. He'll know for sure.

Ask him about the ALIEN 12" creature too.

Will do "Anytime, anywhere..."

In the meantime: Pop Quiz Hotshot for anyone. Andy, this may be a VERY good time to redeem yourself and beat Wor-Gar to the punch.

And this one is really hard. I might have to break out the SE Directors Cut just to research the answer because I totally forgot.

Ok, ENOUGH, get on with it! Damn voice in my head!

The way cool Aliens Colonial Marines Drop Ship/s 01 & 02 had an old-school WW2-style bomber "nose-art" below the cockpit. It was seen a number of times in the original film, but a close-up which revealed the inscription was cut from the original film.

1) What did the actual nose-art depict?
2) What did the inscription below the art read?

:banghead

Last edited:
You got me there. I have no idea.

I remember seeing "Friendly Skies" written somewhere but I'm not sure if it was on the ship's nose or on the doors or somewhere else.

Wor-Gar said:
You got me there. I have no idea.

I remember seeing "Friendly Skies" written somewhere but I'm not sure if it was on the ship's nose or on the doors or somewhere else.

This may be too super-geeky obscure, I'll post the answer a little later.

BTW, I believe "friendly skies" was written on Ferro's helmet

Wow, that's definitely beyond my scope of "Aliens" knowledge.... And I'm a pretty big geek about all things Aliens. Good question!

Sideshow Andy said:
Wow, that's definitely beyond my scope of "Aliens" knowledge.... And I'm a pretty big geek about all things Aliens. Good question!

The answer:
Peter Lamont, the amazing Production Designer on Aliens and the man who built the drop ship, wanted to do some WW2 nose-art on the Drop Ship. In keeping with the bug-hunt theme of the film he and Jim Cameron decided to paint an Eagle w/Machine Gun and combat boots blasting bugs as their nose-art symbol with the moniker "Bug Stompers" painted above the Eagle.

This became so popular Jim had crew jackets made with this as the emblem.

The actual inscription or quote written below the eagle read "We endanger species". Unfortunately this was NEVER actually seen in the film.

Which makes revealing the answer so much fun, right?!

BTW, I want one of those damn "Bug Stompers" crew jackets!

Too cool!

Last edited:
Pretty damn impressive, P!

I looked it up and sure enough the name "Bug Stomper" is the name for the first dropship -- and the other one is called "Smart Ass". Yet more trivia for my mind.

I love the "We Endanger Species"!!!

Wor-Gar said:
Brilliant idea!

I forgot all about that guy. He'll know for sure.

Ask him about the ALIEN 12" creature too.

Still waiting to hear from popsalute but I asked 2 other reputable and knowledgeable Asian toys import dealers, abc-express and fantasia toys and it doesn't look good...

abc-express said they don't know of any (not good)

These were the responses from Felix @ fantasia toys

"I wish! Unfortunately, there will most likely NEVER be a Ripley figure because Sigourney Weaver won’t give the OK for her likeness to be used on a figure."

Felix

www.fantasiatoyz.com

Felix wrote back and asked for a link to this thread so maybe he can get the scoop. so there is a thread of hope here.

Heard back again...
"Thanks for the link! I think it might be a custom, because the neck post and hands don’t look like Hot Toys. But we can always hope!"

"Please let me know if you find out anything new. I, too, would kill for one of these! Definitely one of my all-time wants.

I’ve put out a couple of feelers to my friends in HK, I’ll let you know when I hear from them."

"I actually know Howard Chan (owner of Hot Toys). But he plays his cards very close to the vest these days…until he’s ready to announce it to the world, he no longer lets people know what they’re working on as he’s been burned by others in the past. So I’ll have to ask other connected fans. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear anything."

Felix

www.fantasiatoyz.com

Last edited:
I know Sigourney Weaver used to be very reluctant to allow people to make toys based on her likeness. I think it had something to do with her dislike of guns, and she didn't want kids playing with her likeness with toy guns.

Didn't she allow Kenner/Hasbro to make a figure based on Alien Resurrection though? Maybe she has softened her stance in recent years...at least I hope so!

This figure looks like it came down with a case of the awesomes:sick , I really hope they produce it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back