ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice Adrenochrome said:
Ripley, Ripley, RIPLEY! Ain't she sexy? Yes sir, she is!

The proto/custom looks awesome, I just wish the likeness would be a bit more accurate.

I don't want to get involved into a discussion whether she is the no.1 heroine. There are soooo many fine a** heroines out there in movie land..., why would anybody have to choose?

never had to choose, just always knew.:monkey5

RIPLEY!!!!!!

do you think its possible for Sideshow to get 1/4 scale lisence??
1/4 scale ripley!!!!!!!!!!!!! in that iconic pose with newt in her arms and the gun in the other at the Queens nest. maybe scrap newt.:lol

BDboystoys said:
never had to choose, just always knew.:monkey5

RIPLEY!!!!!!

maybe scrap newt.:lol

Excuse me?!

"That little girl survived for 10 days against those things without any help from any of you" I'm paraphrasing...
-Ripley

"Well why not put her in charge!?"
-Hudson

Newt MUST be represented and Casey too!!! Last shot, Newt and Ripley in sleep chamber.

What many DON'T know is in the Original Aliens rough cut/Director's cut,

Ripley had a daughter (who died in her sixties I think).

And in the original release of Aliens

Newt called Ripley "Mom" at a critical point in the final scene.

These two must stay together, all props to Carrie Henn, who had NO prior acting experience when Jim Cameron cast her.

pjam said:
Newt MUST be represented and Casey too!!! Last shot, Newt and Ripley in sleep chamber.

What many DON'T know is in the Original Aliens rough cut/Director's cut,

Ripley had a daughter (who died in her sixties I think).

And in the original release of Aliens

Newt called Ripley "Mom" at a critical point in the final scene.

These two must stay together, all props to Carrie Henn, who had NO prior acting experience when Jim Cameron cast her.

I always thought the biggest error in Alien 3 was having no Newt. There was a kick butt comic line between the two films written by Mark Verheiden (who would go on and pen many memorable moments in Smallville and BSG) that featured a teenage Newt. I'll tell ya what, I like 3 and 4 for their own merrits but that comic was better than any of the films that followed it, IMHO.

Last edited:
gdb said:
I always thought the biggest error in Alien 3 was having no Newt. QUOTE]

Agreed. There was no Alien 3 or the incredibly disasterous franchise-killing Joss Whedon scripted Aliens 4 "Alien Resurrection". Some say it wasn't his fault but it was his ridiculous premise and implausible storyline and in the end it was Joss Whedon who was credited with the Screenplay which means no other writers contributed enough to earn credit. I like Joss, he is a Legendary writer and Pop Culture icon but he completely blew it this time around.

There is only "Alien" and "Aliens" IMO

I say scrap the last two, just erase them from your memory and any box-set and start over from the end of Aliens. And yes, that means bring back Newt, just figure out some device, maybe an imaginary delusion where she never really died, maybe she was a clone or whatever, but she must return!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
If you're going to quote Hudson, it has to be this one:

"That's it man, game over man, game over!"

Niiiiicely Done Alice! :D

more please...

"I don't know if any of you noticed but we just got our ass kicked in there"

" 17 days!? 17 days?, we won't survive 17 hours with those things around!"

"That little girl survived for 10 days against those things without any help from any of you" I'm paraphrasing...
-Ripley

"Well why not put her in charge!?"
-Hudson

Last edited:
pjam said:
gdb said:
I say scrap the last two, just erase them from your memory and any box-set and start over from the end of Aliens.

I like this idea. Somehow construct a new story/adventure between ALIENS and ALIEN 3.

Perhaps Cameron should take another crack at it...once he's done hiding in the Titanic wreck. The King of the World could do an Alien Sequel justice.

Wor-Gar said:
pjam said:
I like this idea. Somehow construct a new story/adventure between ALIENS and ALIEN 3.

Perhaps Cameron should take another crack at it...once he's done hiding in the Titanic wreck. The King of the World could do an Alien Sequel justice.

Hey, that was my quote! :monkey2

I agree there is only "Alien" and "Aliens". It WAS a total travesty to kill off Hicks and Newt after how amazing "Aliens" was. What a way to short change the fans. How many scripts did they go through to get to Alien three, (like 13)? In the end it was all about making the holiday release date.

I like Ripley from the first two movies, but I don't feel you really need Ripley in EVERY freaking Alien sequel. If you want to continue with her character, and hey, fans like seeing their heroes again, have her encounter something else or a different problem. (Well, too late now, unless they just ignored 3 & 4 like I do!). I used to think Ripley encountering a Predator instead would be wicked (back before there was a Alien/Predator concept).

Then for the "Alien" Franchise have a different hero in the sequels. Kurt Russell, Vin Diesel, all great substitutes. Just not Ripley AGAIN.

I don't know, I think it would've been difficult to make a sufficiently different movie of the third installment with Newt and Hicks in it.
I mean, Hicks was crippled and Newt was a hindrance for Ripley, you would've been left with a reprise of the last act of Aliens... the other option would be to make it at least a few months later (so that Hicks could recuparate), but then you'd have the problem of Carrie's ageing. Then you're left with the option of making it a few years down the line, but what do you have then? The happy family? Then how do you get them to run into aliens again? It just becomes too complicated IMHO.
And although I enjoyed the Darkhorse comics, I didn't really like the whole "alien religion" thing, or the explanation of the aliens and the space jockeys, it just gave away too much.

pjam said:
Wor-Gar said:
Hey, that was my quote! :monkey2

Sigourney was recently quoted as saying, and again I'm paraphrasing "Yes, Ridley and I have talked about an idea he had but I don't think anyone at the Studio wants to see a 55 yr old actress as an Action hero"

She also said "There is also the money issue"

Here's one way how to do another Aliens Film, and this is only my take so if anybody likes it (Studios, Writers, Producers) beware it can't be ripped off b/c it is now protected in this very blog, and with The Writers Guild, ha ha...

Ok, we start some 15-20 years after the end of Aliens

Carrie Henn returns as Newt, a Tactical Leader in the Colonial Marines, like her Mother before her. She is sent on a mission because another colony has disappeared. Her unit fights and wins the battle against the aliens but not the war. We learn she and a number of her unit have disappeared, then are traced to an unknown Alien Planet where a war of wars must be waged to rescue them and wipe out the pesky beasts.

This is your premise for a new Aliens film.

Are you listening Ridley and Fox?

And this is where Ripley comes in again, in one final "away game" battle on the Alien planet to save her "daughter" and wipe them out for good.

Last edited:
If Bryan Singer can scrap Superman III & IV and pickup after Superman II then the Alien franchise can do the same.

pjam said:
pjam said:
Carrie Henn returns as Newt, a Tactical Leader in the Colonial Marines, like her Mother before her.

I like this set-up. Gives "Newt" a past, and a grudge against the creatures that murdered her real parents. Now, like Sarah Connor, she could be a bit of a killing machine herself.

Perhaps its this vengeful drive that puts at risk her own unit. And perhaps, to save them, she must choose between her revenge and her team.

She is sent on a mission because another colony has disappeared. Her unit fights and wins the battle against the aliens but not the war. We learn she and a number of her unit have disappeared, then are traced to an unknown Alien Planet where a war of wars must be waged to rescue them and wipe out the pesky beasts.

This sounds too much like the premise of ALIENS (more or less).

I would like to see an all-out WAR, but it may get too big with too much CGI. Plus, like ALIENS, we need to see a new Alien. A new stage in development. Perhaps the KING ALIEN.

Or, if somehow this all ends up on Earth, maybe Aliens can mimick terrestrial animals (like those Kenner toys); you know, a Gorilla Alien, an Elephant Alien. Sounds silly at first but if it were done right it could be wild!

Wor-Gar said:
pjam said:
I like this set-up. Gives "Newt" a past, and a grudge against the creatures that murdered her real parents. Now, like Sarah Connor, she could be a bit of a killing machine herself.

Perhaps its this vengeful drive that puts at risk her own unit. And perhaps, to save them, she must choose between her revenge and her team.

This sounds too much like the premise of ALIENS (more or less).

I would like to see an all-out WAR, but it may get too big with too much CGI. Plus, like ALIENS, we need to see a new Alien. A new stage in development. Perhaps the KING ALIEN.

Or, if somehow this all ends up on Earth, maybe Aliens can mimick terrestrial animals (like those Kenner toys); you know, a Gorilla Alien, an Elephant Alien. Sounds silly at first but if it were done right it could be wild!

Sequels work best when they serve the original and therefore become "variations on the theme", or another chapter in the original story. This is what worked so well in the SW OT, it was the back and forth dynamics...

An all out War, Yes!

But I believe on The Alien Planet. There is nothing more challenging or frightening then going to the enemy's "turf" to confront them. And this worked well in SW ANH where the battle took place on enemy turf, the Death Star!

A new Alien, Hell Yes!

Last edited:
pjam said:
Wor-Gar said:
But I believe on The Alien Planet. There is nothing more challenging or frightening then going to the enemy's "turf" to confront them!

True -- "into the villain's domain" is always more thrilling.

Maybe they could make it allegorical to what's happening now...a war in a foreign world. Perhaps the "quick extermination" that is intended by Newt and her gung-ho team is far more problematic then it appeared.

A kind of "Black Hawk Down" meets "Alien".

Wor-Gar said:
pjam said:

Maybe they could make it allegorical to what's happening now...a war in a foreign world. Perhaps the "quick extermination" that is intended by Newt and her gung-ho team is far more problematic then it appeared.

I likey

Of course, the Grand-Daddy of all bug-hunt classics is "Them" which takes place on earth. This film alone has been ripped off so many times it's not even funny, even in Aliens, several times. One instance is the flame-throwing of the nest which "Them" brought to an art.

Wor-Gar said:
pjam said:

I likey

Of course, the Grand-Daddy of all bug-hunt classics is "Them" which takes place on earth. This film alone has been ripped off so many times it's not even funny, even in Aliens, several times. One instance is the flame-throwing of the nest which "Them" brought to an art.

I loved "Them" when I was a kid. I thought it was the best of the "giant insect" films and as I got older I realized how sophisticated it was for its time (not necessarily the dialogue, but you know).

Plus, I love it when they use animatronic "monsters"...even today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back