ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wor-Gar said:
I loved "Them" when I was a kid. I thought it was the best of the "giant insect" films and as I got older I realized how sophisticated it was for its time (not necessarily the dialogue, but you know).

Plus, I love it when they use animatronic "monsters"...even today :D

Indeed, a Classic and paradigm for Sci-Fi films of this sub/genre

Lets not forget O'Bannions original Story and Screenplay for Alien was a complete *cough* ripoff*cough* ah, remake of another film which escapes me. A B&W B film where an alien becomes a stowaway in a spaceship.

Again, a variation on a theme done to an extraordinary level of brilliance. Thank you Ridley!

pjam said:
Indeed, a Classic and paradigm for Sci-Fi films of this sub/genre

Lets not forget O'Bannions original Story and Screenplay for Alien was a complete *cough* ripoff*cough* ah, remake of another film which escapes me. A B&W B film where an alien becomes a stowaway in a spaceship.

Again, a variation on a theme done to an extraordinary level of brilliance. Thank you Ridley!

IT! The Monster from Space.

Wor-Gar said:
IT! The Monster from Space.

Damn, you should get on some game show, you'd clean up!

btw, I copied the pic you posted of the Ripley proto and when I opened the file it said "ripley hottoys". Should we read anything into that coz I'm pretty damn sure that is a Hot Toys prototype judging by the weapon detail, etc.

Also just won a rare TRU Exclusive Electronic 12" r2-d2 c-3po 2 pack on ebay mint in sealed box for $15! This is the one with talking light-up c-3po eyes and film-accurate light-up red-eye r2 to go with SSC Luke and Han! Yeah, baby!

Last edited:
Don't get excited. I saved that pic and renamed it "ripley - hot toys". You're just getting it from my photobucket account.

Very nice price on that R2-3PO two-pack. I think I paid like $40 when it came out. Those figures are by far the best representations of those characters -- especially with the added dirt and electronics. The voice function on 3PO is great. The light on R2 is not so good because its the wrong light but what the heck, its Hasbro. He still looks great with all his dirt.

I actually can't wait for the droids by Sideshow. I think they might surprise everyone with how cool they look. Most people are eager for villains and aliens and (darn I say it) more Jedi, but I'll bet when those two droids do come out people will suddenly remember how much they liked those clanky comic characters when they first saw the OT films as a kid.

Wor-Gar said:
Don't get excited. I saved that pic and renamed it "ripley - hot toys". You're just getting it from my photobucket account.

Very nice price on that R2-3PO two-pack. I think I paid like $40 when it came out. Those figures are by far the best representations of those characters -- especially with the added dirt and electronics. The voice function on 3PO is great. The light on R2 is not so good because its the wrong light but what the heck, its Hasbro. He still looks great with all his dirt.

I actually can't wait for the droids by Sideshow. I think they might surprise everyone with how cool they look. Most people are eager for villains and aliens and (darn I say it) more Jedi, but I'll bet when those two droids do come out people will suddenly remember how much they liked those clanky comic characters when they first saw the OT films as a kid.

Thanks for the update.
"These droids" will certainly hold the fort until SSC does their thing but there is no guarantee a SSC C-3PO will be talking so I'm good for now!

Wor-Gar said:

I heard that. On my wish list, there would be 3PO from Ep. 1,2,4. Imagine what SS could do with an Ep. 1 3PO? That thing would be a work of art!

To be totally honest, Commander Cody would be at the top of the list, but the droids would be in the top 10. For full disclosure, though, Jar Jar would appear on the list somewhere, too.

pjam said:
Thanks for the update.
"These droids" will certainly hold the fort until SSC does their thing but there is no guarantee a SSC C-3PO will be talking so I'm good for now!

There must-haves for the Hasbro collection. Incidently, its pretty easy to remove the voice chip from those figures so you could make your SS 3PO talk as well. Hell, for $15 I might get another for myself so I can do it.

OK, back to ALIENS...

There has been a buzz about the inevitable ALIEN creature from Hot Toys too. Something like their Predator I imagine. I had at one time considered buying the "transparent" Medicom Alien but I'm glad I didn't as a Hot Toys Alien would be sooooooooo much better. I can only hope its original ALIEN and not AVP Alien.

There's just something about that first Alien that I really like. Something about that slick, shiny head that is just so simple its terrifying. Maybe its my fear of eggplant.

Wor-Gar said:
There must-haves for the Hasbro collection. Incidently, its pretty easy to remove the voice chip from those figures so you could make your SS 3PO talk as well. Hell, for $15 I might get another for myself so I can do it.

OK, back to ALIENS...

There has been a buzz about the inevitable ALIEN creature from Hot Toys too. Something like their Predator I imagine. I had at one time considered buying the "transparent" Medicom Alien but I'm glad I didn't as a Hot Toys Alien would be sooooooooo much better. I can only hope its original ALIEN and not AVP Alien.

There's just something about that first Alien that I really like. Something about that slick, shiny head that is just so simple its terrifying. Maybe its my fear of eggplant.

A HT Alien 1 creature would be vedy interesting, I'm guessing b/c they are tossing out pieces from ALIENS that might be a cue they'll keep the line consistent. Keep in mind there were several variations of that bugger in the film too. What I WANT is a BOLD move from HT here and an excellent opportunity to follow up Ed 209. A HT Ripley to accompany a 24 inch Queen Alien would be insane.

Then, of course, a sixth scale power loader to go with it (as in ED 209 cool mechanical stuff)

As Apone said to Ripley when she revealed she had a class 2 license to operate that thing, which is an ingenious design in itself...

"Be my guest"

btw, I got very lucky with the TRU Exclusive 2 pack, these go for $40 Boxed easy, maybe 15-25 loose for both but if you are persistent you can get lucky too!

Last edited:
A power loader would be great...but as of yet, no 1/6th scale vehicles or machines have been produced by any company (aside from a few military vehicles). I assume its because once you get a license you tend to want to make the characters first. Maybe we'll get that stuff down the line as more and more people trade in 3 3/4 inch collecting habits for the 1/6th scale world.

But, as long as we're talking wishes...what about a KANE figure with an exploding chest...and a rubber CHESTBUSTER inside!

Wor-Gar said:
A power loader would be great...but as of yet, no 1/6th scale vehicles or machines have been produced by any company (aside from a few military vehicles). I assume its because once you get a license you tend to want to make the characters first. Maybe we'll get that stuff down the line as more and more people trade in 3 3/4 inch collecting habits for the 1/6th scale world.

But, as long as we're talking wishes...what about a KANE figure with an exploding chest...and a rubber CHESTBUSTER inside!

Ah yes, how could we forget. Kane w/CB is essential, along with "Milk-Head" talking Ash and while we're at it, a severable "not bad for a human" Lance Hendrickson.

Ok final pop quiz hotshot for anyone out there:

What is the "official" Company name of the beleaugered Colony, it was mentioned only 2 or 3 times, mostly in the first Ripley briefing?

Wor-Gar said:
That's the planet though too.

The colony's nickname was Hadley's Hope.
:clap :clap

Right, the planet.

Hadley's Hope, very Impressive. I believe that wasn't revealed in the original release although I may be wrong. I know it appeared in the additional footage with the Jordan family cruising around. Did you know Carrie Henn's own biological brother played Newts Brother? Nevermind, you know....

pjam said:
:clap :clap

Right, the planet.

Hadley's Hope, very Impressive. I believe that wasn't revealed in the original release although I may be wrong. I know it appeared in the additional footage with the Jordan family cruising around. Did you know Carrie Henn's own biological brother played Newts Brother? Nevermind, you know....

Nope, didn't know that.

But Hadley's Hope does show up on a sign in those DVD scenes. Its in the original movie too in a wide shot when the marines arrive but you can only really read it in the theater.

Still, the official company name was indeed Colony LV-426.

Its weird how all these little bits of nothing stuck with me all these years since I was a kid. Back then, you literally absorb everything. Now... I'm lucky if I can remember the lead actors names :D

Wor-Gar said:
Nope, didn't know that.

But Hadley's Hope does show up on a sign in those DVD scenes. Its in the original movie too in a wide shot when the marines arrive but you can only really read it in the theater.

Still, the official company name was indeed Colony LV-426.

Its weird how all these little bits of nothing stuck with me all these years since I was a kid. Back then, you literally absorb everything. Now... I'm lucky if I can remember the lead actors names :D

And the sign is in the pounding rain... I'm still impressed.

This is what is so wonderful about movie classics like this, you become so engrossed watching it, every little thing becomes important in a kid's eyes and you pick up something new every time you see it again.

I still think Aliens is one of the Greatest Monster movies ever made and I'll seal it with this line from our little heroine

"They mostly come out at night, mostly..."

I'm always torn between ALIEN and ALIENS...

I love the first one -- style! Moody. Creepy. Slick without being greasy. Facehuggers and Chestbusters! Plus, that Giger design was amazing when I first saw that thing (what little we really did see).

But ALIENS is more watchable.

Its kinda like picking between "Star Wars" (ANH) and "Empire". There's the first, and then there's the one you can watch over and over again.

We've had this discussion before - I believe Alien and Aliens are both excellent representations of their different genres. Alien is a near perfect horror film, while Aliens is a near perfect action adventure film. Both are classics, which can't be said for most films and their first sequels.

...perhaps Godfather and Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back