ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! What can I say, I have my geeky moments (who am I kidding.... all of my moments are geeky).

Wor-Gar said:
I know, that was cool.

I know Hot Toys has the ALIENS license but I wish SS would take on the first ALIEN. I'd love to get that Ripley, Ash and Parker. I hope Andy's still listening here :D

Talking Ash would be insane w/ 2 heads, regular and white-splatter partly removeable head!

YES! Exclusive "milk" head! That would be awesome. Or maybe as an exclusive, he could come with that rolled up magazine he used to try to suffocate Ripley :D

Come on, Andy, please go to bat for original ALIEN figures!

Let's just hope he's already turned in the FIRST EVER sixth scale Sarah Connor, also does original FIRST EVER big-hair Sarah from T1, convinces SSC to do FIRST EVER 1/4 and sixth scale Dr. Lecter and 1/6 Clarice Starling...

AND of course the Alien/s sixth scale line, that's my dream wishlist!

Wor-Gar said:
Come on, Andy, please go to bat for original ALIEN figures!

LOL, I'd love to! Unfortunately I've got about as much 'clout' at Sideshow as a bump on a log. Yer barkin' up the wrong tree. :)

Sideshow Andy said:
LOL, I'd love to! Unfortunately I've got about as much 'clout' at Sideshow as a bump on a log. Yer barkin' up the wrong tree. :)

Oh well, can't blame a guy for tryin'.

Since you're here, let me just say -- great flippin' sculpts, man! Thank you, sincerely.

Sideshow Andy said:

That's it!
Dammit, I'm gonna make some calls!... as soon as I get my project greenlit!!. and I'm not kidding either!!!

pjam said:
That's it!
I'm gonna make some calls!... as soon as I get my project greenlit!!. and I'm not kidding either!!!

Do it! Make those calls! I have absolutely no power whatsoever, but I'm right behind you all the way. I'd love to get your wishlist too.

Wor-Gar said:
Do it! Make those calls! I have absolutely no power whatsoever, but I'm right behind you all the way. I'd love to get your wishlist too.

I'm still working on it but belive me, I got a ton of them, just like everyone else, from retro to modern

Here's a cool retro I'll toss out. You know how The Rocketeer has become the Medicom calling card for action figure detail and excellence?

Well, I was thinking someone should do the original Rocketman from the Republic Pictures Serials, Commando Cody, but my choice would be Larry Martin from "Zombies of the Stratosphere" with removeable hinged helmet, leather jacket with jet pack and controls and space-gun.

Again, NEVER DONE!

btw, what VERY famous sci-fi TV icon actor first appeared in THIS very same film. Anyone?

Last edited:
That would be awesome indeed. And no doubt Sideshow would sweep the night...

Maybe you should get Michael Crawford involved; he does his annual Best/Worse "awards" on his site. Plus, he could really help spread the word. He's a very nice guy too.

Wor-Gar said:
That would be awesome indeed. And no doubt Sideshow would sweep the night...

Maybe you should get Michael Crawford involved; he does his annual Best/Worse "awards" on his site. Plus, he could really help spread the word. He's a very nice guy too.

I had to edit my post for legal reasons but I've thought of that, Michael would be a good guy to have as a consultant.

Please keep this under your hat!

pjam said:
...Well, I was thinking someone should do the original Rocketman from the Republic Pictures Serials, Commando Cody, but my choice would be Larry Martin from "Zombies of the Stratosphere" with removeable hinged helmet, leather jacket with jet pack and controls and space-gun.

Again, NEVER DONE!

btw, what VERY famous sci-fi TV icon actor first appeared in THIS very same film. Anyone?

Usually the posts I read here make me feel so old. But this one make me feel young. :D

If we're going old school, I see Santa Claus Conquers the Martians on TV a lot. That would be fun for the holidays!

Oh yeah, Leonard Nimoy.

pjam said:
I had to edit my post for legal reasons but I've thought of that, Michael would be a good guy to have as a consultant.

Please keep this under your hat!

No prob -- not a word.

I have no idea who worked with Larry Martin. Stumped at last :monkey2

Wor-Gar said:
No prob -- not a word.

I have no idea who worked with Larry Martin. Stumped at last :monkey2

One of the Martians in "Zombies of the Stratosphere" was played by none other than Mr. Spock himself, Leonard Nimoy!

Although this was the final "Commando Cody" serial (There was Rocketman, Commando Cody and this) he was known in this serial as Larry Martin.

Ok, on to contemporary Alien/s.

Last edited:
About the "prototype" the only drawbacks I see is that the face isn't painted as beautifully as the other Hot Toys prototypes and the gun looks like a hastily modified Hot Toys gun and I would expect a smoother looking gun. But I HOPE it's a prototype!

Ha! pjam, I can tell you're a screenwriter because you keep going back and rewriting/editing your posts. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back