Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So big things you want is:
- acid free matting
- UV protected glass
- foam core back and seal

The custom frame and glass are the price killer. If you can find a frame you like, save your money. The problem with a lot of these posters is there isn't frames large enough to fit them AND the matting appropriately, so you have to get something custom.

Appreciate the feedback bud
thumb2.gif
- many thanks!

I should be able to get away without the UV protected glass - the destination wall is nowhere near either direct OR diffused sunlight (unless I've misunderstood the purpose?)

thumb2.gif
- many thanks!

I should be able to get away without the UV protected glass - the destination wall is nowhere near either direct OR diffused sunlight (unless I've misunderstood the purpose?)

Never personally used it but what I've heard a few about UV glass is that it doesn't work well with a darker toned print as it washes away some of the detail.

Anybody able to back that up?

Some of you have been kind enough to help me out with my naive questions in the past - so here goes another . . .

I've seen folks pay huge amounts to get their posters framed. If I wanted to go the "cheap" route, would using a slightly oversized "clipframe" work OK? - perhaps with some thin card cut to keep the glass from the print itself?

Any obvious drawbacks? (aside from it not looking as good as an expensive frame).

thumb2.gif
- many thanks!

Yeah, I mean if no concerns for sunlight, then I agree I don't see the need for it.

Another thing you may want to consider, is glare-free or museum glass. I don't think it makes a BIG difference in many situations, but there is some differences. I have a few with it and few without it. Was it worth it? Meh. Maybe. Maybe not.
Never personally used it but what I've heard a few about UV glass is that it doesn't work well with a darker toned print as it washes away some of the detail.

Anybody able to back that up?

I've never heard that, but could very well be true.

It's going to be a PITA to find one around here

Are you by any cities that have/had industrial districts? I live in Chicago and there are ton of furniture resellers that buy from places that go out of business. They're not cheap but you definitely find something worth the price. Also if places hold mass-lot auctions. I've come across them there too.

The two that I have I found one on Craigslist using the search "blueprint file" and the other was at an auction. I paid $40 for a 5 drawer 50"x40" file.

Last edited:
Are you by any cities that have/had industrial districts? I live in Chicago and there are ton of furniture resellers that buy from places that go out of business. They're not cheap but you definitely find something worth the price. Also if places hold mass-lot auctions. I've come across them there too.

The two that I have I found one on Craigslist using the search "blueprint file" and the other was at an auction. I paid $40 for a 5 drawer 50"x40" file.

I found a place in Kentucky on Craigslist that will deliver it lol

Back