Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was able to pick up Sleepaway Camp. Knew I wasn't going get any of the Stout, Moss, Horkey or Durieux stuff so I aimed real low. :lol

Some of you have been kind enough to help me out with my naive questions in the past - so here goes another . . .

I've seen folks pay huge amounts to get their posters framed. If I wanted to go the "cheap" route, would using a slightly oversized "clipframe" work OK? - perhaps with some thin card cut to keep the glass from the print itself?

Any obvious drawbacks? (aside from it not looking as good as an expensive frame).

Some of you have been kind enough to help me out with my naive questions in the past - so here goes another . . .

I've seen folks pay huge amounts to get their posters framed. If I wanted to go the "cheap" route, would using a slightly oversized "clipframe" work OK? - perhaps with some thin card cut to keep the glass from the print itself?

Any obvious drawbacks? (aside from it not looking as good as an expensive frame).

So big things you want is:
- acid free matting
- UV protected glass
- foam core back and seal

The custom frame and glass are the price killer. If you can find a frame you like, save your money. The problem with a lot of these posters is there isn't frames large enough to fit them AND the matting appropriately, so you have to get something custom.

Back