Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for you guys.

I have a bunch of Star Trek Mondo prints from back in the day, and I finally bought a house where I have room to hang 'em. Most are 24x36, some are 18x24. Normal sizes.

I really have no idea how to go about doing this. I was thinking about going down to Michael's when they have their 40% off sale going. I don't want to break the bank if I can help it. I know I want archival framing - don't want these to get messed up, considering how much I paid for them originally. Single mat is probably fine, with a simple frame, nothing crazy.

Is Michael's a good bet, both quality and pricewise, or is there somewhere better to go? How much money am I probably going to spend per?

Thanks so much in advance!

I get mine done at Michael's, but I would be careful. Some are much better than others. I have a good repport with mine locally and I've grilled them enough to know them well. I even asked them to see some of their work before picking them. :lol

Hobby Lobby and their politics have nothing to do with my art or the jobs they provide in my area.

If they fail a LOT of people lose their jobs around me and in the end they are the ones doing the work and who I intrust my stuff too and they are the ones that take care of me.

So yeah, sorry, but i do go there as it is who I can afford and its a way to help people I know remain gainfully employed and not have them leeching off the system they don't want to be a part of anyway.

JUST found this 24" x 36" "MONDO style" poster on the "Bottleneck" site and immediately bought it.

No idea when they originally put this up for sale, but I've now subscribed to their newsletter (hopefully reduces the risk of missing out!)

Only the 3rd "MONDO style" poster in my collection - but it will sure go nicely with the latest NECA 7" (and they are considering a 24" version!)

image1_1024x1024.PNG

51559-Jungle-Demon-3-678x1024.jpg

I'm surprised that one hasn't sold out yet also. I passed on it, it's nice enough but a little cartoony for me in the mask area especially. The waterfall prints they put out were spectacular, I need to find one of those!

I like Bottleneck however, the make some good prints and don't seem to have quite as much stress involved in buying them as Mondo do...

I'm surprised that one hasn't sold out yet also. I passed on it, it's nice enough but a little cartoony for me in the mask area especially. The waterfall prints they put out were spectacular, I need to find one of those!

I like Bottleneck however, the make some good prints and don't seem to have quite as much stress involved in buying them as Mondo do...

Bottleneck Gallery's cart system is different than Mondo's

Yeah no kidding. Fantastic Mr. Fox never even made it to Bottleneck's site.

I'm leaning toward the variant but I'm going to grab whatever the first one that pops up on the site.

Back