Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, I cannot believe how many people get these just to flip them. I am quite mad that huffington post got to give Mondo more attention. We have enough flippers in this business as it is.

That was my hope. 1 print. But they are going to try to make money wherever they can.

I would imagine they have to. I have a hard time figuring out exactly how they keep their stuff profitable. They are obviously popular, but where do they make money at?

I am going to be selling my Forbidden Planet print. Going to get Hellboy II in its place. Will be hard to let go of because it's a very, very nice print. But I know absolutely nothing about FP.

I might be wrong but I don't think they actually pay for the printing of the posters? As far as I know the artist probably do that.

Mondo secures the license from the studio and then commissions the artist to create the artwork, then they have D&L print them, then they sell them, then they ship them. The artists get a certain amount to sell afterwards. The artist provides the art, and Mondo is responsible for the rest. The cost of the poster includes the costs for licensing, printing, etc.

The last time I shipped a Mondo tube Priority Mail with insurance, it cost about $15. They don't insure their tubes, but still, after having to purchase the tubes and other supplies in the first place and pay an employee to process and mail them all out, Mondo is not making a big profit on their $14 shipping charges.

I'm curious to see if they will be releasing one a day up until the release of the movie on Friday. Things are going to be CRAZY for cap, thor, hulk and especially IM.

Remember, we still have two weeks. My random guess:

4/26: Thor
4/27: Hulk
5/2: Captain America
5/3: Iron Man
5/4: Avengers

I'd like to See Ken Taylor do Hulk, Tyler Stout do Avengers, and Martin Ansin do Thor or Captain America.

Thanks Tom....that's pretty much what I thought....the profits actually seem pretty thin to me.

Mondo secures the license from the studio and then commissions the artist to create the artwork, then they have D&L print them, then they sell them, then they ship them. The artists get a certain amount to sell afterwards. The artist provides the art, and Mondo is responsible for the rest. The cost of the poster includes the costs for licensing, printing, etc.

The last time I shipped a Mondo tube Priority Mail with insurance, it cost about $15. They don't insure their tubes, but still, after having to purchase the tubes and other supplies in the first place and pay an employee to process and mail them all out, Mondo is not making a big profit on their $14 shipping charges.

I'd like to See Ken Taylor do Hulk, Tyler Stout do Avengers, and Martin Ansin do Thor or Captain America.

Ack... I keep thinking it opens next Friday. Good call. I'm a little eager :lol

I was thinking along the same lines, but then I was like, oh crap, Nick Fury needs a poster too. That makes one for each member.

some of his stuff is great like toturo & the star wars set, then you get things like black widow :monkey1

I think the Star Wars pieces were at his peak, and afterwards just phoned it in. I didn't think the Totoro one was anything special. He's a very clever designer for sure. And there are some super witty pieces he's made but I feel the minimalist thing has run it's course, unless it's changed up a bit.

Has anyone had to return prints to Mondo before? I just noticed that my BttF set has creases. :mad:

I think the Star Wars pieces were at his peak, and afterwards just phoned it in. I didn't think the Totoro one was anything special. He's a very clever designer for sure. And there are some super witty pieces he's made but I feel the minimalist thing has run it's course, unless it's changed up a bit.

I was interested in his cap prints until I saw the pics of them

Has anyone had to return prints to Mondo before? I just noticed that my BttF set has creases. :mad:

At this point, it's very unlikely that there are any replacements left, but you can always e-mail them. I have had two posters replaced without any problems, but not recently. It all depends on whether or not they have any left to send you. They will most likely offer you a partial refund or something like that.

I liked the Totoro, but I don't think he has done anything better than Star Wars since he did those at the end of 2010.

Back