Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the two posters out for The Avengers but I'm not going after them. Realistically I wanted a general group poster but if they are going 7, one for each I will probably dedicate my mini-heart attacks to the ones for Iron Man (for me) and Captain America (for the wife).

Yeah, that's why I'm only a completist with Trek. And even then, only the regulars now, unless a variant pops up that I really love. There's been a few come and go that I'd like, but I think about the whole sitting on the site gamble and I say screw it.

I think those days are behind me, considering how many times the site freezes now when I try to order. They have simply become too popular and the site can't handle the traffic fast enough. I can't believe I got the entire Star Wars series directly from Mondo at retail--that would never happen in 2012.

I've been following Mondo for about two years now, but in all honesty, there are very few prints they've released that I like enough to even try for. The Dodgers print was the first one I've snagged. If I can't get it at retail, then I don't get it. I refuse to go to the secondary market for them.

I've been following Mondo for about two years now, but in all honesty, there are very few prints they've released that I like enough to even try for. The Dodgers print was the first one I've snagged. If I can't get it at retail, then I don't get it. I refuse to go to the secondary market for them.

I can tell you from Disney print experience, even if you are not able to score one at retail directly from Mondo the secondary market is not that bad. Just a matter of waiting for the excitement of the print to cool down. Actually I scored two disney prints for retail from ebay. Basically flippers looking to recoup their funds. Keep the faith :peace

As for the two prints. I like and dislike the black widow print if that makes any sense. It is definitely Olly Moss. I always like me some Tom Whalen and he handled it perfectly in my opinion.

I will go for both expecting failure but hoping for success :lol

As for the two prints. I like and dislike the black widow print if that makes any sense. It is definitely Olly Moss. I always like me some Tom Whalen and he handled it perfectly in my opinion.

I will go for both expecting failure but hoping for success :lol

You know, that's just it. Olly Moss has a great, simplistic style that's a lot of fun and very modern. The thing is, it works great on it's own, and when he does a series they look great together - but it doesn't look great next to a Whalen or a Stout as part of the same series. It's just too different.

Wow....I love the Black Widow and don't care for the Hawkeye....I thought it would be the other way around. I Love the gun lips and the from Russia With Guns lol! I doubt I get it but I'm certainly gonna try!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! Hawkeye is a pass for me.

the disney prints are going nowhere on ebay. except monsters inc. & toturo

In case anyone didn't read the fine print, Black Widow goes up tomorrow, and Hawkeye on Friday.

e1334771551.jpg

Poster by Olly Moss. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 320. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

e1334771575.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 220. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

I dunno, I guess I like the Black Widow one since it has a very french look to it. I'm guessing that they're going to have a different artist for every one. As much as I wish these were 18x24 posters, it makes perfect sense since every other Marvel poster they've done has been 24x36 (I guess that one Iron Man 2 was a strange off-size.) I'm sure all 7 would make for a pretty killer wall.

I'm going to get them all. Will I keep them, I dunno. I mean, I'm going to try for them all. Let's get that straight.

Back