Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another fail. I added it to Cart before the tweet, the stuck in checkout screen. I was as ready as I could be for this one.

I think it's my work Internet connection and that they use IE and not Chrome. Not fast enough anymore. Screen just hangs up. I had two other windows opened and tried to get those to go through, no luck.

Not upset cuz I didn't really want this, just seeing if I could get it. But if this happens for dark crystal, labyrinth, or The Wall, I'm going to be pissed then.

Pretty upset I missed this one. I was there right away, but but the connection was really really bad for me. Crap happens.

I liked the Totoro, but I don't think he has done anything better than Star Wars since he did those at the end of 2010.

I'll go you one better and say that even those vaunted Star Wars prints are of diminishing returns.

ANH? Brilliant. :love

Empire? Clever. :clap

Jedi? Stretching it a bit, guv'nor. Stretching it. :monkey3

I'm still a fan, though. I run hot and cold on a print by print basis (as well I should...no need to be a blindly loyal fanboy), but I'm definitely still a big fan.

Absolutely agree on that. And like I said before he's a clever designer above everything. He has great ideas and he implements them in the most simplest of ways. Not all of which I find artistically brilliant but indeed very witty and clever.

He designed the PS3's Resistance 3 cover and it was very similar to what he was doing with the negative space with his SW pieces as well. I liked that way more than say his Robocop piece of which I think looks clunky even for something so minimal. I feel like he really shoots for that "soooo iconic but still recognizable" style you read in Scott McCloud's Comics book. Drawing red hair a feminine eye and a gun as lips and you can at least interpret that as a woman to do with violence.

But I feel it's less successful than his Robocop or Dirty Harry because if you take away the title and text and had no idea about any Avengers pieces coming out and saw that in his catalog of work you'd ask yourself, "what is this pretty image for?"

Anyways enough on Moss. Not hating on him cause he's extremely talented in many regards and he's a very nice guy. Met him a few times at some shows and prior to his solo a year ago. Just not interested in paying what most of his work asks for these days.

Hawkeye is the only print we wanted. Well, Jenn wanted. I only want a group one. So I wont be trying again until one of those comes up.

The one I really want is Hulk. Then the final group one.

I have the Stout Iron Man and Captain America, and Ken Taylor's Thor, so it won't kill me if I miss any of those three--even though I'll definitely be trying. (Especially for Thor.) But I'd really love a Hulk so that I have some sort of poster representation of all the heroes.

I wanted the Black Widow and I will probably want The Hulk. I'm gonna try for all of them and hopefully can trade for what I don't get. I already missed Widow, but got Hawkeye. :(

I was able to get a black widow fine. Got one for a forum buddy too. No luck today.

I am unsure if I will be keeping my Hawkeye. Now that I think about it. I am also selling my Forbidden Planet print.

I will be going to the gallery opening for Adventure Time. Hopefully see something nice while I'm there.

Chances are I won't be around a PC tomorrow for the nightmare before xmas drop. If anyone has no interest, but is able to score one I would appreciate it!

The one I really want is Hulk. Then the final group one.

I have the Stout Iron Man and Captain America, and Ken Taylor's Thor, so it won't kill me if I miss any of those three--even though I'll definitely be trying. (Especially for Thor.) But I'd really love a Hulk so that I have some sort of poster representation of all the heroes.

Pretty much agree 100% with Tom. I have the IM, Cap, and Thor....so I'll be interested in what they do with The Hulk; and if not, then I want a group one (hopefully done by Stout)

If anyone can help me score the Mayor from NBC --I'd scream like a little girl.
Please PM if you are willing to try

Back