Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll go you one better and say that even those vaunted Star Wars prints are of diminishing returns.

ANH? Brilliant. :love

Empire? Clever. :clap

Jedi? Stretching it a bit, guv'nor. Stretching it. :monkey3

I'm still a fan, though. I run hot and cold on a print by print basis (as well I should...no need to be a blindly loyal fanboy), but I'm definitely still a big fan.

Return of the Jedi is my least favorite of the three Moss Star Wars prints. First of all, the design/concept was a little too similar to his previous Evil Dead poster--and there was already a print in the series (the Dagobah one) that subliminally suggested Vader with trees and vines. Second, the kind of trees he used to suggest Vader's helmet aren't the kind of trees seen in the Endor scenes. Had he found a way to do it with giant sequoias or redwoods, it would have been more appropriate.

Anyway, I think that his Black Widow is kind of a feminine spin on his superior Dirty Harry:

dirty-harry.jpeg

At this point, it's very unlikely that there are any replacements left, but you can always e-mail them. I have had two posters replaced without any problems, but not recently. It all depends on whether or not they have any left to send you. They will most likely offer you a partial refund or something like that.

Thanks. I just shot them an email so we'll see what they say. I have a gut feeling that it was caused by the T-shirt that they threw in tube with the print.

Return of the Jedi is my least favorite of the three Moss Star Wars prints. First of all, the design/concept was a little too similar to his previous Evil Dead poster--and there was already a print in the series (the Dagobah one) that subliminally suggested Vader with trees and vines. Second, the kind of trees he used to suggest Vader's helmet aren't the kind of trees seen in the Endor scenes. Had he found a way to do it with giant sequoias or redwoods, it would have been more appropriate.

Anyway, I think that his Black Widow is kind of a feminine spin on his superior Dirty Harry:

dirty-harry.jpeg

It reminded me of that and Robocop.

RxTCQ.jpg

I think the Moss Star Wars set is such an unattainable holy grail for so many people that they are nearly legendary based on market value alone, but I honestly prefer the Stout set. Moss condenses everything down to one clever central image, while Stout throws in everything and the kitchen sink. When it comes to Star Wars, I think the Stouts better represent the entire saga. You can't have an ultimate Empire Strikes Back poster without Yoda!

I actually laugh at olly moss' art work. Am I the only one that thinks it is actually terrible? I know artists that can draw anything and cant make a dollar, but this turd draws childens coloring book rejected art, and people go CRAZY for it. ummm.. does not make sense to me

I actually laugh at olly moss' art work. Am I the only one that thinks it is actually terrible? I know artists that can draw anything and cant make a dollar, but this turd draws childens coloring book rejected art, and people go CRAZY for it. ummm.. does not make sense to me

I agree with you. I don't like his work. But you say that and people here who love it jump on you. I just wanted Black Widow because it was Black Widow. But I am not at all sad I didn't get it. I like a print with lots of art and color.

It's about creativity. I know tons of musicians that can play anything and they play in cover bands at crappy local bars because they can't create anything. He has developed a style which is recognizable, different, and often very very clever. People are always going to have differing opinions, but I believe that is why he has struck a chord.

It's about creativity. I know tons of musicians that can play anything and they play in cover bands at crappy local bars because they can't create anything. He has developed a style which is recognizable, different, and often very very clever. People are always going to have differing opinions, but I believe that is why he has struck a chord.

there's nothing really creative about putting a few squiggly lines down and calling it black widow :lol

I absolutely do like Black Widow for what it is, but of course, his is a very minimalistic approach. He does other art which isn't nearly as minimal, so obviously the guy has some good talent, so this is just one aspect of his range. Sometimes the client wants something very minimal, and he can deliver in spades. I'm guessing Mondo wanted a pretty massive range of styles for the Avengers set, and I'm sure it's all going to deliver. Don't hate the artist for delivering a minimal piece, hate the client for asking for it.

I actually really liked the simplicity of it. basically finding the essence of the character and distilling it to a few strokes. you can tell she's a gun toting mama from the image. I love it

there's nothing really creative about putting a few squiggly lines down and calling it black widow :lol

That was an super fast sellout.. Sheesh.. of course 220 total with all the fan fare shouldn't be too surprising...

Back