Aladdin (live action directed by Guy Ritchie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any thoughts? do we get abu and the iago? how'd jasmine, jafar and the genie look? (faithful to the animated film or not so much?)

I can’t say much about my thoughts on the film. Had to sign something or other. But yes abu and iago are in it. Jasmine isn’t as faithful as people might like but she is a good adaptation. genie imo looks phenomenal! Jafar looked a little tame. It’s around the neighborhood of Cinderella. A good adaptation that’s not a carbon copy.

We do have a trailer. It just came out
I mean full trailer not a teaser.

thanks for all the info...

Does Jafar look tame because the actor they hired is good looking and young? Did he have any prosthetics?
Does Jasmine wear her signature blue outfit? Or have they changed her look? (Not sure if they'd have her with an exposed midriff throughout the film)

No problem.

Yes that's exactly why. He doesn't wear prosthetics. Imagine a nicer Jafar costume with his face and a smaller hat. Jasmine does have her signature blue outfit but she's hardly in it. She has many costumes. & none show her middrif, we never see it.

No problem.

Yes that's exactly why. He doesn't wear prosthetics. Imagine a nicer Jafar costume with his face and a smaller hat. Jasmine does have her signature blue outfit but she's hardly in it. She has many costumes. & none show her middrif, we never see it.

Okay now I officially announce my endorsement of the Disney boycott, lol.

Stefon_Laughing.gif

No problem.

I can confirm this. The costumes look kinda Broadwayish to me.

I thought Beauty and Beast was decent actually and a nice company piece to the animated. It's also the only one I've seen, so.

Well since nobody posted the teaser. Here ya go. We get to see....Iago, Cave of Wonders, Aladdin, Lamp, what should be Agrabah.

thanks again for all the info, i take is Rajah is in this as well?

Did you like the new characters? I think one is the lady from SNL playing Jasmines handmaiden and then there's a white Prince guy too.

I think my expectations for this film have turned into a Bollywood & Broadway-esque Disney film :lol

thanks again for all the info, i take is Rajah is in this as well?

Did you like the new characters? I think one is the lady from SNL playing Jasmines handmaiden and then there's a white Prince guy too.

I think my expectations for this film have turned into a Bollywood & Broadway-esque Disney film :lol

Yeah he is lol.

I did I loved her character, she was pretty funny, to be expected because of her SNLness.

The prince was pretty funny too but a little too dumb.

Beauty and the Beast was okay but by far the best live-action remake has been Pete's Dragon. It's the only one so far to not only match the original in quality but actually far exceeded it.

Maleficent, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, and BatB have all been decent but not on par with their predecessors.

Beauty and the Beast was okay but by far the best live-action remake has been Pete's Dragon. It's the only one so far to not only match the original in quality but actually far exceeded it.

Maleficent, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, and BatB have all been decent but not on par with their predecessors.
I actually really enjoyed Cinderella. Maleficent was a let down for me especially after waiting so long. I did enjoy BatB and jungle. Dumbo was great too.

I loved Beauty and the Beast. I think a lot of the little additions with the story really added to it overall.

I'll see Aladdin opening weekend most likely.

Back