Aladdin (live action directed by Guy Ritchie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw it today with the fam and really enjoyed it. Naomi crushed it as Princess Jasmine. Def my fave of the Live Action versions so far.

Caught this today and IMO kudos to Disney, director, cast, choreographer, art dept. Am iffy on musicals like the friends I was with (including one who said not to wake her up if she fell asleep) but d@mn. I even cringed when the first song started but things get rolling and we all enjoyed it. Was especially impressed with Will Smith and cracked up at some of this. Jasmine is fiery in the right way.

IMO a great complement to original - lavish and charming. Will definitely get BR when released. Way to go Disney (and Will Smith who apparently had to put up with some fan moaning). I'd round everyone up and see at a theater with a good sound system.

Naomi Scott has quickly become one of my fave new actresses. Can't wait to see her in Charlies Angels.

Naomi Scott has quickly become one of my fave new actresses. Can't wait to see her in Charlies Angels.

She goes up there on my list of actresses that can disguise their natural British accents beautifully. Tackling any type of character role.

I can see why they got that guy, he has a boyish voice which is what Aladdin embodies :lol

Aladdin kid would make a good Indy.

:chase

tenor.gif

Took my daughter to see this and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Fun flick with some real chemistry going on, it had a great natural flow about it and was very easy to watch. So much better than zzzDumbo lol

I need more dancing. Especially with Princess Jasmine and her backups lol :panic: So Hot

I need more dancing. Especially with Princess Jasmine and her backups lol :panic: So Hot

Wonder why they didn’t have Jafar sing a verse. That’s what I loved in the original how Freeman sung his version of Prince Ali , and “ The Diamond in the Rough “ song from the broadway musical :thud:

I liked it! I think some of the musical pieces fell a little flat because Guy Ritchie doesn't seem to know how to film musical numbers. And "Speechless" just felt "out of place" since it wasn't in the Animated films OR the Broadway version, it was Jasmine's "Elsa" moment or at least trying to take her to that level. The cast was overall VERY good. I was MOSTLY disappointed in Jafar, the actor was GOOD, but he wasn't as slick, self-righteous, egotistical, and pompous as he was displayed in the Animated movie by Jonathan Freeman (who was AWESOME to see in the Broadway version...it was awesome to see him PLAY Jafar in-person).

Will Smith was Will Smith...and this was a good role for his personality. Obviously if Robin Williams was still with us I'm sure he would've been the Genie but I think Will Smith was having fun and it showed.

Back