AitO update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bank says 2 months is normally the maximum, but I assembled as much documentation as I could and sent it to them anyway. I stressed the fact that I had received some products and 1 refund and that a couple of the items hadn't been released yet. I mentioned that she had given me repeated assurances that the items would arrive and that she was waiting for the product and to be patient, so I guess they couldn't really say that 2 months had definitely passed since the expected delivery date?

If anyone hasn't yet filed with their bank because they think it is too late, then you should still do it. Make sure to include clear details of every order (order #, date order was placed, date it was actually payed for and how, item description and quantity) and copies of your credit card statement with the appropriate transactions highlighted. Also include at least a few printouts of relevant emails from AITO, printouts of the Texas Business Bureau's report on AITO (https://www.centraltx.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=62957), full contact details for AITO, and make sure to file your own complaints with the Texas Better Business Bureau, the Texas Attorney General, and the FBI Internet Fraud centre. Mention all the complaints you have placed (and with whom) when you apply for charge backs to your bank.

Aito Update

I am so pleased that folks are getting there money back! I am surprized and delighted. I didn't really expect that.

For those who are still owed funds, you have two recourses of action:
1) contact your credit card company again. If it has been over their official time limit you may still be able to dispute the charges as long as you can prove that it was a pre-order or backordered item. For instance, Sauron wasn't resonably expected till this month, so if you happened to order one from AITO early on, you could probably still dispute that charge. You would need to provide documentation (sideshow could provide you with release dates or emails recieved from AITO). Anyway, it is not necessarily a lost cause. I was able to successfully dispute several charges from January 05.
Call the number on the back of your credit card, get to the dispute department and explain that the items were not expected until recently. The dispute department should provide you an address to whom you can submit your claim. Keep your claim short and sweet.
1) Date/amount of charge
2) Any amount recieved (documentation if possible)
3) Amount disputed
4) Date expected.(documentation of release dates or promised ship dates)

2) Fill a claim with the Texas attorney Generals office. I believe both the web site and the investigators email address (Gary Adkins) are available somewhere on this thread. Then, email Gary Adkins with the date/amount of merchandise that is not retrievable from other sources. DO NOT claim losses with the TAG if you have claims in with credit card companies.

This entire affair has been hard on everyone. I think everyone should take comfort that it is now in the hands of the TAG and ultimately up to him to determine what wrong doing if any has occured. Even those of us close to this don't have all the facts, and we may never find out the ultimate conclusion to this story. I am still having difficulty reconciling the Shannon I thought I knew, with the reality that unfolded. However, the fact that monies are being refunded and that justice is being pursued should be a comfort to all.

Lessons were learned by all involved and I for one am hopeful that justice will be done in whatever measure deemed appropriate by the authorities. Regardless, future innocents are probably protected and monies returned. That alone is good news.

Joanna

Back