AH! Tomb Raider: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AH! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Premium Format

Nice. :yess:

Do you have higher res files of these? Thinking of using it as wallpaper.

No but here's some more by awe-inspiring Tomb Raider art by Jusko that puts AH's stuff to shame...enjoy :)

laracroft-by-joejusko.JPG
TRGTPR.jpg
ccaLara-map.jpg
Greatest_Treasure_pg_27_by_JoeJusko.jpg

That said you have to admit that cargo and tank top actually kinda make sense for someone who's climbing stuff and jumping around all the time.

That it might but I have never know a woman in a similar field to what Lara does (archaeology) to wear a top that shows off their entire mid-driff or such snug shorts, even when they have the body to pull it off (of which I've known a few). They tend to wear the loose fitting, wicking clothing.

Going through the jungle like that is just asking for stuff to bite you or get all scraped up from climbing / navigating inside stone stuctures.

That it might but I have never know a woman in a similar field to what Lara does (archaeology) to wear a top that shows off their entire mid-driff or such snug shorts, even when they have the body to pull it off (of which I've known a few). They tend to wear the loose fitting, wicking clothing.

Going through the jungle like that is just asking for stuff to bite you or get all scraped up from climbing / navigating inside stone stuctures.

it's a game :dunno :lol

this is pure comedy gold, right here folks.

and i have seen plenty women wearing even smaller tops & shorts.....oh wait do they have to be archaeologist?

:slap you guys missed his joke. He was making fun of me and referring to recreating the original lara pf. Dont worry drakul, i got you! :ignore:

:1-1:

Yeah but I've never seen someone battle T-Rex and make jumps like that either :lol

this is pure comedy gold, right here folks.

and i have seen plenty women wearing even smaller tops & shorts.....oh wait do they have to be archaeologist?

Didn't mean for it to be. I was just making an observation based on personal experiences. Women just tend to not dress like that out in the field but then again I guess that is the librety taken in the game (just like skintight catsuits are not standard issue for all female spies).

Do they have to be archaeologists? No, but that is probably the closest scientific field to what Lara does (roaming through jungles/deserts/etc to explore inside caves/ancient structures looking for ancient items). I was just comparing Lara's dress to the way women typically dress in a particular field.

But then again by today's standard practices, I think Lara, Nathan, and Indy would all be considered cultural criminals so I guess they aren't exactly the types you might find in the field anyways.

Last edited:

Didn't mean for it to be. I was just making an observation based on personal experiences. Women just tend to not dress like that out in the field but then again I guess that is the librety taken in the game (just like skintight catsuits are not standard issue for all female spies).

Do they have to be archaeologists? No, but that is probably the closest scientific field to what Lara does (roaming through jungles/deserts/etc to explore inside caves/ancient structures looking for ancient items). I was just comparing Lara's dress to the way women typically dress particular field.

But then again by today's standard practices, I think Lara, Nathan, and Indy would all be considered cultural criminals so I guess they aren't exactly the types you might find in the field anyways.

Just ignore him....

Exclusive should have been the naked cheat...

Lara's target audience was predominantly teenage males hence the large breasts and skimpy clothes. That is all.

Really looking forward to seeing some in hand pics of this. I'm possibly leaning towards picking this up at some point.

Kind of an out of character choice for me and my collecting habits, but I'm really liking the execution and design. Also, I'll always have love for the original games. I can remember playing them at my friend's house to this day.

I cancelled my order. Never been a big fan of the character and especially not the games so it makes no sense paying that much money for a statue of LC

I cancelled my order. Never been a big fan of the character and especially not the games so it makes no sense paying that much money for a statue of LC

Im in the same boat, I think this is a really exceptional statue but im exercising discipline on this one.

I don't mind splurging for her considering I only got 3 things pre-ordered for this year so far (Lara, Angel comiquette, and the 1/6 Boba Fett, along with the movie Thor PF my dad ordered) and I haven't really seen anything that I feel is a must buy for me. I'll probably pick up something with my points late in the year like the Issac Clarke statue or something, but right now the dance card is looking pretty empty (thank god).

Hmm, my preorder converted today. I am not sure whether I should cancel or not. I still have to catch up with the LoTR line, and I have quite a few things on preorder. I may just get it later, non-exclusive. A print isn't too exciting for me.

Hmm, my preorder converted today. I am not sure whether I should cancel or not. I still have to catch up with the LoTR line, and I have quite a few things on preorder. I may just get it later, non-exclusive. A print isn't too exciting for me.

I suggest you cancel it if you have doubts.
Theses statues are not 40$, they're around 400$ a pop.. For that kind of money, you should only buy the statues you can't live without, otherwise it turns into a form of very expensive neurotic hoarding rather than a hobby

as i said way back, this is an awesome statue that is must get, but in no hurry whatsoever to get it. The ex only has a print which is meaningless to me. The total combined ES is 2250, which is insane for a character that's only moderately popular.

I will wait until shipping to ensure in hand photos look good, then pick one up off ebay for a significant discount, it will be flooded with this once it starts shipping.

2250 ES roflwaffle...

as i said way back, this is an awesome statue that is must get, but in no hurry whatsoever to get it. The ex only has a print which is meaningless to me. The total combined ES is 2250, which is insane for a character that's only moderately popular.

I will wait until shipping to ensure in hand photos look good, then pick one up off ebay for a significant discount, it will be flooded with this once it starts shipping.

2250 ES roflwaffle...

I didnt think of the ES that way, your right, this might be fun to look for in the after market.

Back