AH! Tomb Raider: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AH! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Premium Format

Put in a WL order for the EX of this. I have always enjoyed Tomb Raider games, and I have been looking to get some Video Game statues to vary my collection a bit (This, Isaac Clarke, Kratos, Etc.)

Wish I could afford a game line, I really like the Arthas statue they just released.

Wish I could afford a game line, I really like the Arthas statue they just released.

Yeah, I pre-ordered that but I consider Blizz it's own beast.... an expensive beast.

I will admit I'm not big on the character but I love the base and the pose is badass. However I can only afford two or three PF's this year and those spots are taken.

And lara is one of the oldest game characters i grew up with playing video games.

Lara ain't got nothing on Q-bert PF :lecture

Q_Bert_Amigurumi_by_JusticeDude.jpg

What a lame reason to cancel his order...:slap
How many people here actually played Tomb Raider!? My guess is only a handful. They purchase this piece because it depicts a very beautiful woman in very skimpy clothing. How can any male collector not feel "connected" to Lara Croft!?? :monkey4

To me the 'lame' thing is to buy a statue just because it's a girl with an ass and tits.
Who cares?

The fact that she's a scantly clad hot chick is usually all the "connection" most male collectors need. For instance, do you think those Vampirella statues sell out like hot cakes because people are intrigued by her story?

I couldn't disagree more.
I buy statues because they remind of an experience I had in movie, game, what have you.
It is very rare that I would buy statue from a franchise I know nothing about.

I think most people think this way but once in a while a statue comes along that just peeks ur interest...whether its just really badass or really sexy! I got the vampi comiquette even though i dont really follow her story...it's just a beautiful piece, plain and simple. i don't think there is anything wrong with that. that being said, I try not to buy just because its of a sexy female character. I had this on preorder but i cancelled because i already have snow day and I am satisfied with just having one tombraider piece.

:goodpost::exactly::exactly:
I want the Snow Day! :monkey2

To me the 'lame' thing is to buy a statue just because it's a girl with an ass and tits.
Who cares?

I couldn't disagree more.
I buy statues because they remind of an experience I had in movie, game, what have you.
It is very rare that I would buy statue from a franchise I know nothing about.

:goodpost::exactly::exactly:
I want the Snow Day! :monkey2

The snow day is one of the best statue ever made. The detail & paint APP is phoenomenal. IMO. Best paint APP ever by SSC. It matched the prototype to a tee.

3rd Flex charged. 1 more month.... can't wait. :yess:

The snow day is one of the best statue ever made. The detail & paint APP is phoenomenal. IMO. Best paint APP ever by SSC. It matched the prototype to a tee.

As my wife would say "poo on you"! I was on the WL but didn't convert :(

The EX was instocked for quite a while before it finally sold out? :dunno:dunno

Yeah but I had to wait to get my house before collecting again and by then it was WL...

Got my arrival notice :rock

Who cares?

Well to each his own but you're definitely in the minority there, buddy. "Who cares?" maybe you should ask Sucker Punch girls, Vampirella, etc.. statue collectors..I'm sure the statues sold out because collectors enjoyed the movie and story :monkey4

Why do you like the Snow Day piece so much!? It lacks the trademark realism Sideshow usually embeds into its pieces. I also don't find the paint app that remarkable....:dunno

PS: I sent you a PM regarding the Elektra/Daredevil art :D

Why do you like the Snow Day piece so much!? It lacks the trademark realism Sideshow usually embeds into its pieces. I also don't find the paint app that remarkable....:dunno

seriously? the snow day statue is one highly under appreciated statue! she's awesome!

See my review :D

Lara_Croft_Snow_Day_-_Topview_back.jpg

seriously? the snow day statue is one highly under appreciated statue! she's awesome!

See my review :D

Lara_Croft_Snow_Day_-_Topview_back.jpg

tomb-raider-sideshow-lara-croft-premium-format-statue.jpg

"f you're a fan of ol' miss Lara, do not, I repeat; do not miss out on this statue! It's the best collectible I found on the market to this day from this amazing franchise. I like the Core Designs ones, more because of the poses and their shear number than that I think they're pretty... I also like the Premium Format. But they just don't hold a candle to this statue. This one really is the best one out there! Kudos to Adam Hughes."

I have to disagree. I think its the other way around.. The comiquette couldn't hold a candle to the Lara PF. Art is very subjective though and everyone has their own preference. Awesome review BTW :duff

Regarding the snow day statue, it's wrong on so many levels.

1) lara should NEVER be sitting, that's just wrong.
2) the pose - the way she sits it's as she's doing her business in the restroom...

A much better pose would be her standing with a leg on the box, similar to the indy crystal skull pf pose, looking at the map.

I am sure the paint/details are fine but lara sitting like that = fail.

The new lara pf is multiple times better, and it is the best lara statue to date. Unless sideshow messes up the paint...waiting eagerly for inhand photos...

Back