AH! Tomb Raider: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AH! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Premium Format

^^ Both Gag & Leo are wrong on the Lara Comiquette. Regardless if she doesn't wear that attire in the video game, it is absolutely one of the best detail & painted statue around. If you haven't seen it in person, need not to critique it. :lecture

I think it looks good, it just doesn't strike me as being Lara Croft. Looking at the PF does. The older PF does but it's the clothing on the new one I remember most. Nice action pose that shows curves.

"f you're a fan of ol' miss Lara, do not, I repeat; do not miss out on this statue! It's the best collectible I found on the market to this day from this amazing franchise. I like the Core Designs ones, more because of the poses and their shear number than that I think they're pretty... I also like the Premium Format. But they just don't hold a candle to this statue. This one really is the best one out there! Kudos to Adam Hughes."

I have to disagree. I think its the other way around.. The comiquette couldn't hold a candle to the Lara PF. Art is very subjective though and everyone has their own preference. Awesome review BTW :duff

I was talking about the original PF :) the new one was previewed somewhat after my review of snow day ;)

^^ Both Gag & Leo are wrong on the Lara Comiquette. Regardless if she doesn't wear that attire in the video game, it is absolutely one of the best detail & painted statue around. If you haven't seen it in person, need not to critique it. :lecture

I really liked the Snow Day statue (even though I sold it) and it was definitely representative of one aspect of Lara, the intelligent, thoughtful side; and she DID wear that costume in the games. In fact, it was one of the outfits she wore for about 1/3 of the latest game, Tomb Raider Underworld.

However, I think the new PF is much, much better. It IS Lara at her best, and very representative of how she is in the majority of the games. She also wore this outfit in the games as well, most currently in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Very excited to get the new PF in a few weeks!!!

House is better. Be proud.

Are we talking snow day Lara?

Indeed on both points :)

Regarding the snow day statue, it's wrong on so many levels.

1) lara should NEVER be sitting, that's just wrong.
2) the pose - the way she sits it's as she's doing her business in the restroom...

A much better pose would be her standing with a leg on the box, similar to the indy crystal skull pf pose, looking at the map.

I am sure the paint/details are fine but lara sitting like that = fail.

The new lara pf is multiple times better, and it is the best lara statue to date. Unless sideshow messes up the paint...waiting eagerly for inhand photos...

Maybe we should just have her standing and looking over her shoulder :nana:

For me this will be the best laura representation, the prior ones dont compare and I owned them. The sculpt and colors and first class. Just my opinion.

I think the dynamic pose is what makes this piece work. It truly is the character in her environment.

How about this as a PF ;)

lara_croft_and_nathan_drake_by_rafcut-d4qpwif.jpg

I would love a Nathan Drake PF. I wish they would make one.

Some truly jaw dropping Lara Croft art by the master Joe Jusko..ENJOY!
tomb-raider-joe-jusko-tr_0_cover_pic.jpg
gtoa.jpg
tumblr_lyl1szw2Lw1qmg4b2o1_500.jpg
CopperTomb%20-%20150%20DPI.jpg

I've always prefered Lara in her more practical looking outfits, like the one she is wearing in the Snow Day statue. I mean Indy wasn't running around in cargo shorts and a tank top when he was going through the jungle or climbing stone structures.

I've always prefered Lara in her more practical looking outfits, like the one she is wearing in the Snow Day statue. I mean Indy wasn't running around in cargo shorts and a tank top when he was going through the jungle or climbing stone structures.

:slap Well Indiana cannot match T&A with Lara Croft so he thankfully keeps his "assets" covered :pfft:

:slap Well Indiana cannot match T&A with Lara Croft so he thankfully keeps his "assets" covered :pfft:

This discussion remind me of Resident Evil and Jill Valentine in regards to her change of oufits from RE1 to RE3.

Is her RE3 outfit practical attire for a zombie apocalypse? Not really.

Did her boost her sex appeal due to its revealing nature? Definitely yes.

Does it mean that she shouldn't be protrayed in her more conservative S.T.A.R.S. uniform? Hell no.

A character's sexiness isn't how reavealing of an outfit she can be put into, but of the character herself. Lara could be in a full-length dress or business suit and I don't think would be any less appealing. But that's just me:)

I agree with the broad sentiment of your post. My problem with most pics people posted is it's all about her physic when in fact Lara is a smart and thoughtful girl, just in a bombastic body.

That said you have to admit that cargo and tank top actually kinda make sense for someone who's climbing stuff and jumping around all the time.

Back