AH! Tomb Raider: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AH! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Premium Format

I'm kinda glad she's getting delayed too. Besides the Angel comiquette, Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil : Operation Raccoon City are both coming out.

If only they would get her off 'checking inventory' so I can either buy, or wl.

The problem I have with this PF is 2-fold:
1) The art print looks cuter, and the couldn't nail the likeness to the PF.
2) The outfit looks cheap (what's up with the netting on the shorts).

Otherwise, it could've been the definitive Lara Croft . . .

The problem I have with this PF is 2-fold:
1) The art print looks cuter, and the couldn't nail the likeness to the PF.
2) The outfit looks cheap (what's up with the netting on the shorts).

Otherwise, it could've been the definitive Lara Croft . . .

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prod_photos/jpg/300082_press09.jpg
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prod_photos/jpg/300082_press08.jpg

Not looking so cheap (but from promo pics...)

Well . . .I saw the sculpt in-hand at SDCC. They could've hired the guy who made all the Women of DC Universe statuettes to sculpt the face . . .

I prefer the Snow Day staute but my WL didn't convert and it's sold out :monkey2

I saw this at sdcc and thought it was awesome! Far better than the first pf and I liked that one too

Well . . .I saw the sculpt in-hand at SDCC. They could've hired the guy who made all the Women of DC Universe statuettes to sculpt the face . . .

I will usually let this type of statement go, but since so many people have commented on the likenesses of the AH! Lara Crofts, I'm going to get this out of the way.

On MOST of the AH! projects I've sculpted, I've been directed either by Sideshow or Adam Hughes himself to make the portraits resemble actresses, models, or otherwise different from Adam's original sketches. In one case in particular, I was told the face too closely resembled Adam's design (and the actress he had based the face on) and was steered in another direction.

As for the PF Lara Croft, EIDOS had the final say on the portrait, and the final piece was more in line with their wishes.

I think she's gorgeous.

Can't wait to see something new from you... it's been a while. :)

xx

I will usually let this type of statement go, but since so many people have commented on the likenesses of the AH! Lara Crofts, I'm going to get this out of the way.

On MOST of the AH! projects I've sculpted, I've been directed either by Sideshow or Adam Hughes himself to make the portraits resemble actresses, models, or otherwise different from Adam's original sketches. In one case in particular, I was told the face too closely resembled Adam's design (and the actress he had based the face on) and was steered in another direction.

As for the PF Lara Croft, EIDOS had the final say on the portrait, and the final piece was more in line with their wishes.

Nice to see you here Tim :wave Can't wait to get this gem next month. Any AH comiquettes planned in the near future? It's been so long or is the line officially dead now? Any hints of statues u might be working on?

Hi Tim, not a knock on your skills, but rather the decision then that EIDOS took. How was it that they allowed the comiquette to look like the artprint, but not the PF? It's too bad as I'm a face person and an EX collector, and it's a make-or-break for me when there's a disconnect with any artwork released.

I couldn't say for sure. My only guess is that there was a different brand assurance manager at Eidos from the previous projects.

In my first few years as a freelancer, I was doing a lot of Wizard of Oz pieces for a particular collectibles company. Over the course of one project that involved multiple characters, the client would get conflicting art direction on any given character from the licensor. No sooner would I complete the licensors changes, and we'd get a changes that would pull the piece in an entirely different direction. It was maddening! After several passes with the licensor, the client investigated. The licensor had been in the middle of moving positions around within the company, and properties were being constantly shifted between four different brand assurance managers, so as soon as we'd met one managers conditions, the OZ property would get handed off to another manager that had a different vision for the piece.

I'm not saying that's the situation with the Croft pieces, and we'll probably never know, it's just one possible scenario of many. There's a particular comic character I sculpted some time back for another company, and the licensor had approved the costume design. As we were close to finishing the piece, the same brand assurance manager from the licensor suddenly decided the costume was too revealing and had to be changed. Why? Again, I couldn't say, and he wouldn't either. We just make the changes and move on.

not sure what you guys are complaining about, the face looks great so is the whole statue. I am very picky when it comes to those things, and had no problem with this statue at all. Lara croft is a fictional character anyway and looks different with each video game, so not sure what all the fuss is about.

Just wish there is an ex piece other than a print.

not sure what you guys are complaining about, the face looks great so is the whole statue. I am very picky when it comes to those things, and had no problem with this statue at all. Lara croft is a fictional character anyway and looks different with each video game, so not sure what all the fuss is about.

Just wish there is an ex piece other than a print.

Yah I wanted that damn parrot.:eek: That would had been great EX.

FYI Tim, when one licks on your site link in your sig it comes up as <b>www.xxxxx.com</b> :p

Thanks Drakul. I'm a coding mental midget. No offense to any midgets, of course.

Back