Advanced Bruce Lee body from Hot Toys !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Hot Toys had always been the big bully I'd feel for Enterbay.

But Enterbay once led and at the time of the first few Bruce Lee's I think produced a superior product. They chose not to grow and expand like Hot Toys did so its their own fault.

Well, i started collecting HT a few years back, i think 4-5 yrs. My first Pre-order figure was the Rambo III, so i don't really consider myself a NEW collector, but definetly not from the AVP days.

And i admit, i've been collecting the EB's Bruce series from WOD till now. I don't care about the ebay prices for the old Bruce's. The rediculous prices they are selling now don't affect me.
But i think more or less, since Yulli came aboard, Hot Toy's has been on the top of the mountain. I live in Hong Kong, and I can tell you that TOY HUNTERS (HT's official store here) used to sell Enterbay products as well. I got my ETD ver. B at their store. They officially stopped distribution since Godfather, which Enterbay officially announced FIRST if you still remember.

Since then, i feel like HT has made it a personal quest to get Enterbay.
The whole Bruce Lee licence thing, Arnie Kim situation, then pumping out the casual wear smiling bruce months ahead of schedule to hit the EB GOD, and now this rubber body thing. I love a good underdog story, and i think HT is still miles ahead of EB, but for the big dog to do this; shows a lack of class. They could beat EB without doing so. They have more licences then they can chew already.

I'm a HT fan as well. 80% of my collection is HT, but the above is my personal opinion

If you have been collecting since the Rambo III days then you know that EB prices have always been higher than HT. Even before taking into account ebay prices, EB's BL have always been the highest in the market, easily about the price of three HT back then.

HT made a soft announcement regarding Godfather first. Everyone here knows about it even before the official pictures. In fact pics of the prototype has been around almost one year before the official announcement but SS made someone here removed them.

EB also has the initial advantage with really well established sculptor from Korea, Arnie Kim, YJ Park, Rovojin, Jihun and HT only really have Yulli back then.

EB at one point really has everything to take on HT but they really dropped the ball. They failed to cash on their amazing team of talent and made some really bad license choices (Dragonball? Prison Break? WTF!!!) and erratic release schedule.

They also thought they can do BL forever cause really, EB has only really been BL for most of their existence. EB really came crashing down when even Arnie left for HT. I know people like to think that HT took Arnie away but look at it this way, it seems that EB isn't giving Arnie a good reason to stay either.

As for the release of Casual Bruce HT has always said Q2 and they kept their promise. The whole July release for BL passing anniversary a is just some unconfirmed rumour. In fact, EB GOD should have been out by now. EB said April. So again, it's EB shooting themselves in the foot and HT just happens to pass by and now HT is the shooter.

I have to agree to all of the above comments. haha. Anyways, I wonder why do they plan to use it for, I really really hope for G.O.D, even thos he used a jumpsuit.

I have to agree to all of the above comments. haha. Anyways, I wonder why do they plan to use it for, I really really hope for G.O.D, even thos he used a jumpsuit.

:pray:

602262217121482.jpg

do any of you guys ask urself this question. why does all or most of HT end product end up looking like the actual proto or even better than the proto? why cant EB do this? EB end products are always miles different then the prototype shown.. if only EB can deliver the product it shown otherwise they can forget about overtaking HT.

do any of you guys ask urself this question. why does all or most of HT end product end up looking like the actual proto or even better than the proto? why cant EB do this? EB end products are always miles different then the prototype shown.. if only EB can deliver the product it shown otherwise they can forget about overtaking HT.

Bill (Enterbay CEO) always blamed the factories they hire for the bad quality of their productions, or maybe they can't afford a better factory ? who knows.

Bill (Enterbay CEO) always blamed the factories they hired for bad quality of their productions, or maybe they can't afford a better factory ? who knows.

How ____ing lame is that? :lol "You only get paid $0.15 a day and have to spend your week chained to a milk carton, eating undercooked rice and mealworms, but it's your fault!" Whatta ____. :lol

Bill (Enterbay CEO) always blamed the factories they hire for the bad quality of their productions, or maybe they can't afford a better factory ? who knows.

Bill did slam everyone but himself regarding his last few releases but as for not being able to afford a better factory thats just not feasible. Im sure they can afford the BEST factories, but cheaper factories mean more profit... and EB is a profit making concern

Bill did slam everyone but himself regarding his last few releases but as for not being able to afford a better factory thats just not feasible. Im sure they can afford the BEST factories, but cheaper factories mean more profit... and EB is a profit making concern

Yeah I agree, I didn't mean they couldn't afford a better factory, I meant that they might wanted to cut down costs so they hired low level factories for the job.

"And that's where the cookie crumbles" - Bruce Almighty

looking at past backstage pictures from HT website the trick has always been known. HT sends JC Hong to the Chinese factory to at the minimum show them a few tricks.
I would also suspect that HT needs to own or at least be in partnership with the factory to control the quality better and be more involved in retaining talents and avoid the skills being leaked out to others or possibly offer their services to other customers

looking at past backstage pictures from HT website the trick has always been known. HT sends JC Hong to the Chinese factory to at the minimum show them a few tricks.
I would also suspect that HT needs to own or at least be in partnership with the factory to control the quality better and be more involved in retaining talents and avoid the skills being leaked out to others or possibly offer their services to other customers

Yeah, HT mentioned they keep a close watch/relation with their factories to produce what they do.

I haven't seen any company that can pull out their kind of quality... especially for the price.

There are more important things to pay for than QC and higher quality factory product according to Bill's blog - namely a Ferrari

elaborate more please. what up with ferrari?

ha ha the one time I've looked at his micro-blog a few months ago it was full of Ferrari pics and if I understood the badly broken English through the Google translator correctly, he was talking about achieving his dream of buying one.

ha ha the one time I've looked at his micro-blog a few months ago it was full of Ferrari pics and if I understood the badly broken English through the Google translator correctly, he was talking about achieving his dream of buying one.

it doesn't hurt to have dreams doesn't it! :rotfl

As for the release of Casual Bruce HT has always said Q2 and they kept their promise. The whole July release for BL passing anniversary a is just some unconfirmed rumour. In fact, EB GOD should have been out by now. EB said April. So again, it's EB shooting themselves in the foot and HT just happens to pass by and now HT is the shooter.

Sounds like Nokia used to announce their model but never really kept their promise on the release date.

I think Enterbay is following Nokia's business model. :lol :rotfl

Here is the actual photo of this great drawing that bandito posted earlier in this tread:

bruce-lee-sm.jpg

Yeah I so wish they had of included that jeet kune do medallion with the casual Bruce.

Back