Advanced Bruce Lee body from Hot Toys !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, but I'm running out of room for all my Bruce Lees. When are we going to see some villains? Hot Toys should do a 1:6 scale pagoda, complete with the villains for each floor, including a desk and the bald old man with the slit wrist at the very top. I would pay top dollar for such a diorama. We can dream....

HAHA and in the other thread where I basically gaurantee this, i got flamed by the "Know it all" on here...

Atleast Lejuan wouldn't bet me because he knew I could be onto something...

This is going to be the best and we can use it for our DX later!

:lol Yep, your call on HT bringing out a seamless body looks like it was correct, lucky I didn't put any money on it!

So I was totally wrong on seamless bodies being dead for at least 2 years, but I still hold to my initial comments about the technology - sure they're bringing out what appears to be a seamless body, but how well well it articulate and how long will it last? If this thing turns out to pose well and last well, I'll eat my words.

I'm more interested in why HT have chosen to do this. Is it because they really have developed the requisite new technologies and materials to produce a genuine seamless articulated body? Or is it just to slap EB in the face? Is it because they are planning more Bruce Lee figures and these bodies will service a more expanded BL line? Or is it just for bashers and those who picked up the DX and MIS figs?

I'm very interested to see if they can get around 'rubber hose' arm ?

Aren't you going to run into that anytime you're using a single piece of material?

I'm very interested to see if they can get around 'rubber hose' arm ?

Aren't you going to run into that anytime you're using a single piece of material?

:exactly: The only way I can see to get around this is to have an 'influence object' under the outer skin, ie a rigid shape that protrudes when the knee or elbow is bent. But apart from being mechanically challenging, this puts a lot of strain on the outer skin, leading to tearing.

If the elbows and knees don't pose well the whole thing is useless as anything other than a museum-style piece or statue.

Advanced? This is a step backward! Rubber bodies are so 5 years ago. The current model is perfect. If people don't like the joints, they can buy a statue :cuckoo:

Advanced? This is a step backward! Rubber bodies are so 5 years ago. The current model is perfect. If people don't like the joints, they can buy a statue :cuckoo:

I hate to say QFT cause I sound like a moron but QFT.

I don't like statues cause they don't bend and it pisses me off when figures don't bend. Especially Bruce Lee.

:lol Yep, your call on HT bringing out a seamless body looks like it was correct, lucky I didn't put any money on it!

So I was totally wrong on seamless bodies being dead for at least 2 years, but I still hold to my initial comments about the technology - sure they're bringing out what appears to be a seamless body, but how well well it articulate and how long will it last? If this thing turns out to pose well and last well, I'll eat my words.

I'm more interested in why HT have chosen to do this. Is it because they really have developed the requisite new technologies and materials to produce a genuine seamless articulated body? Or is it just to slap EB in the face? Is it because they are planning more Bruce Lee figures and these bodies will service a more expanded BL line? Or is it just for bashers and those who picked up the DX and MIS figs?

Yeah no sweat mate, I don't want to boast too much, our spat let me see your a good level headed guy! But I won't lie, your the first guy I thought of when I saw that!!!:lol

I'm going with slap in the face... I think HT saw how excited we all were for the seamless body, they got a bit jealous... Now they are just blowing smoke in Enterbay's face! I don't care as long as I get one!!!

Are we ever going to see just a body for sale? It's hard enough to get TTM I can't imagine this body being sold by itself.. but I hope it is...

:yess: DX is only going to get BETTER

Advanced? This is a step backward!Rubber bodies are so 5 years ago. The current model is perfect. If people don't like the joints, they can buy a statue :cuckoo:

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

And HT no doubt knows this, but it's nice of them to deliver a 2-inch punch to EB's sternum while they're down.

They are just being jerks, and trying to monopolize the industry. Trash EB for all you want, but they are still part of the reason you guys are getting $200 figures from HT.

If Hot Toys officially eliminates Enterbay, you will get USD$300 figures. The big company driving out the competition, thus giving them free range to control the industry price.

If Blitzway ever releases their Scarface, and gets good reviews, HT is gonna go after them as well. Something to think about.

EB is not the cause of HT pricing. The current back and forth between the two is amusing, but HT had surpassed EB in sales and distribution in the licensed figure business a while ago. I appreciate competition as way to give more choices and better prices, but in this case, it's EB who is not delivering here and are deserving of most of the criticism you're trying to dismiss.

Hot Toys has certainly been aggressive in competing directly with Enterbay, but you have to understand that this hobby is still very much a niche hobby with high costs, limited margins and little room to grow, so any company with the kind of foothold HT has is going to use that to the fullest.

In any case, if HT ever hits $300 MSRP, I'm done with them. I have never paid that much for any figure, EB or whoever, and I'm not going to.

They are just being jerks, and trying to monopolize the industry. Trash EB for all you want, but they are still part of the reason you guys are getting $200 figures from HT.

If Hot Toys officially eliminates Enterbay, you will get USD$300 figures. The big company driving out the competition, thus giving them free range to control the industry price.

If Blitzway ever releases their Scarface, and gets good reviews, HT is gonna go after them as well. Something to think about.

I agree. Although I love HT I dont want to think about HT with no real competitors.

I tend to agree with gunm. Enterbay may present some limited competition to HT, but. . .not really. They have so few licenses and figures released, that they can't really be more than a nuisance to HT.

For wrestling fans out there, I'm thinking this is more along the lines of Vince McMahon buying out WCW when they were no longer a viable threat. He just stomped them into the ground and made a farce out of them because he could. No real business reason to it.

I can tell you are new to the scene. It's the other way around actually. It's because of HT that you are getting the 300USD GOD (the first GOD was 400USD and that was five years ago!!!) figure from EB. For a long time, EB figure prices are always higher than HT, and EB's Bruce are super expensive even five years ago. HT is the first to actually bring affordable high quality BL to everyone.

Only because of HT meteoric rise to the top that EB has started to slowly lowered the price of their product in order the remain competitive. Despite the whining about HT increasing prices for some of their line, many also failed to notice that they are still quite a bit of HT for less than 150USD. That's the same pricing as three years ago!!

I know you guys love the underdog and all but it's important to note that at one point HT is the underdog and EB is poised to take over the 1/6 world. I remember during the whole godfather thing, a lot of people here were proclaiming that HT days are over and it's the dawn of the new era for EB. And at one point, it looks like that just might be it. EB has the better sculpt, the better paint job, Bruce Lee on their side, and some really exciting license.

Now that HT has beaten EB (not with triad tactics mind you but with good business practice such as competitive pricing, final product that actually surpasses the prototype, additional changes and extra item based on public feedback, and stuff that is actually released relatively on time, etc) HT is viewed as the evil galatic empire and EB the honourable Rebel Alliance.

At the end of the day, please be glad that we are getting affordable BL with constant advancement in design and technology. That wasn't possible when EB was holding on to the BL license.

At the end of the day you can wave the EB flag all you want. noistrigger brings up an interesting point. We've already seen this with the Godfather figures. Fact is, HT wouldn't even have this opportunity if EB hadn't let down their fans and customers by producing a body that looks absolutely nothing like the one they advertised with the prototype. They're the ones who basically handed HotToys this opportunity on a silver platter. At the end of the day, 100% of this is on Enterbay's shoulders.

HT's already flirting with that pricepoint you mentioned with their Indy DX. Nobody else pressured them into doing so. They just decided to ask $250. For a subpar figure no less. Nobody has anything to do with what they charge other than HT and the Licensor.

Something to think about, Art Figures produced a stellar Punisher figure at a fraction of what HT charges for their Marvel figures. Didn't hurt a damn thing and I don't see HT releasing a Punisher.

I can tell you are new to the scene. It's the other way around actually. It's because of HT that you are getting the 300USD GOD (the first GOD was 400USD and that was five years ago!!!) figure from EB. For a long time, EB figure prices are always higher than HT, and EB's Bruce are super expensive even five years ago. HT is the first to actually bring affordable high quality BL to everyone.

Only because of HT meteoric rise to the top that EB has started to slowly lowered the price of their product in order the remain competitive. Despite the whining about HT increasing prices for some of their line, many also failed to notice that they are still quite a bit of HT for less than 150USD. That's the same pricing as three years ago!!

I know you guys love the underdog and all but it's important to note that at one point HT is the underdog and EB is poised to take over the 1/6 world. I remember during the whole godfather thing, a lot of people here were proclaiming that HT days are over and it's the dawn of the new era for EB. And at one point, it looks like that just might be it. EB has the better sculpt, the better paint job, Bruce Lee on their side, and some really exciting license.

Now that HT has beaten EB (not with triad tactics mind you but with good business practice such as competitive pricing, final product that actually surpasses the prototype, additional changes and extra item based on public feedback, and stuff that is actually released relatively on time, etc) HT is viewed as the evil galatic empire and EB the honourable Rebel Alliance.

At the end of the day, please be glad that we are getting affordable BL with constant advancement in design and technology. That wasn't possible when EB was holding on to the BL license.

Well, i started collecting HT a few years back, i think 4-5 yrs. My first Pre-order figure was the Rambo III, so i don't really consider myself a NEW collector, but definetly not from the AVP days.

And i admit, i've been collecting the EB's Bruce series from WOD till now. I don't care about the ebay prices for the old Bruce's. The rediculous prices they are selling now don't affect me.
But i think more or less, since Yulli came aboard, Hot Toy's has been on the top of the mountain. I live in Hong Kong, and I can tell you that TOY HUNTERS (HT's official store here) used to sell Enterbay products as well. I got my ETD ver. B at their store. They officially stopped distribution since Godfather, which Enterbay officially announced FIRST if you still remember.

Since then, i feel like HT has made it a personal quest to get Enterbay.
The whole Bruce Lee licence thing, Arnie Kim situation, then pumping out the casual wear smiling bruce months ahead of schedule to hit the EB GOD, and now this rubber body thing. I love a good underdog story, and i think HT is still miles ahead of EB, but for the big dog to do this; shows a lack of class. They could beat EB without doing so. They have more licences then they can chew already.

I'm a HT fan as well. 80% of my collection is HT, but the above is my personal opinion

I love a good underdog story, and i think HT is still miles ahead of EB, but for the big dog to do this; shows a lack of class.

I never understand this line of reasoning. These companies are business competitors, why on Earth would one company let another dominate and own a market (Bruce Lee 1/6 for example) if it offered potential for their own company to profit?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but the pic looks like a computer graphic, especially at the bicep... This must be a really fresh project... I'm thinking it's a bit too muscular :dunno

I find it a tad amusing that EB use a seamless figure to promote a figure that was always going to have exposed joints.

HT bring out their own kickass Bruce Lee DX for 2/3 the money, an arguably better kit, and what is sure to be a far superior body to the EB offering. Then they bring out a proto pic that shows a seamless body that is almost certainly actually going to be a seamless body.

I don't have any sympathy for EB :(

I find it a tad amusing that EB use a seamless figure to promote a figure that was always going to have exposed joints.

HT bring out their own kickass Bruce Lee DX for 2/3 the money, an arguably better kit, and what is sure to be a far superior body to the EB offering. Then they bring out a proto pic that shows a seamless body that is almost certainly actually going to be a seamless body.

I don't have any sympathy for EB :(

:goodpost::clap:hi5:

No way, that body looks awesome. I wonder which figure it's going to be for, I'm hoping for WOTD. I much prefer that to the DX but I wonder what the articulation will be like. Great to see HT looking back into seamless bodies, probably thanks to EB.

Back