Advanced Bruce Lee body from Hot Toys !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol @ Bruce's pants pockets...a late sixties, early 70s impractical fashion. I wish I have that body. lol

Still waiting to hear more on this. Trying to decide if I should wait and see what this ends up being, or plunking down money on a Suited Lee to get the extra body. Really wish I hadn't missed out on the EX now...

My guess is that this body is going to be used in conjunction with HT's own GOD release. I wouldn't expect this to be cheap by any stretch, if you need a body for bashing you're best bet is probably to check the For Sale forum where DX sets are still being parted out occasionally.

My guess is that this body is going to be used in conjunction with HT's own GOD release. I wouldn't expect this to be cheap by any stretch, if you need a body for bashing you're best bet is probably to check the For Sale forum where DX sets are still being parted out occasionally.

:panic::panic::panic:

There was some interesting info someone posted in one of the Lee threads. Essentially:

Enterbay own exclusive 1/6 rights to all of Lee's Hong Kong movies.
All his HK movies are owned by the same studio so this is possible and likely.

Hot Toys were able to get around this because Enter the Dragon is an American movie owned by Warner brothers.

The Lee family estate own Lee's actual likeness and give it out to pretty much anyone that wants to pay them.

This is why Hot Toys 2nd and 3rd Lee figures weren't based on a movie.

If that is all true (and I think it is) it may be a long time if ever, that we see Hot Toys doing Game of Death.

...you may see Hot Toys Kato though since it wouldn't be covered under Enterbay's agreement.

That's pretty interesting indeed, thanks for posting that.

Well, looks like that throws the GOD HT version out the window! :lol

What is HT up to with a new BL muscle body then? Hmmm......

That's pretty interesting indeed, thanks for posting that.

Well, looks like that throws the GOD HT version out the window! :lol

What is HT up to with a new BL muscle body then? Hmmm......

Enter the Dragon DX 2 ?

...I found it interesting that their DX (it is deluxe right?) featured the same costumes as Enterbay's version B and did not feature the MMA gear from the start of the movie or the blue or brown costumes (all included in Enterbay's Version A.

A full muscle body would make sense for an MMA gear figure since other than shin guards and jocks, he has nothing on there.

SAB, that's a pretty good guess considering HT is working on a muscle body. Would like to see anything like this:

BRUCE%20LEE%20Enter%20The%20Dragon%20Version%20A.jpg

But I'll also take a totally new Bruce, something we aren't expecting (like the Casual) which adds some flavor to our collections instead of the movie depictions that we see 99% of the time.

SAB, that's a pretty good guess considering HT is working on a muscle body.

But I'll also take a totally new Bruce, something we aren't expecting (like the Casual) which adds some flavor to our collections instead of the movie depictions that we see 99% of the time.

I think they also know the unarguable fact that Bruce Lee 1/6 = automatic cha-ching :) ....so why stop even if you don't have many movie rights.

They may also be working on a casual figure from one of the many off set photos where Bruce is topless - especially if its a really unique sculpt showing him with a beard or 'stache.

Include a sculpt like that, muscle body and gold jeet kune do necklace and I'm there :hi5:

I think they also know the unarguable fact that Bruce Lee 1/6 = automatic cha-ching :) ....so why stop even if you don't have many movie rights.

They may also be working on a casual figure from one of the many off set photos where Bruce is topless - especially if its a really unique sculpt showing him with a beard or 'stache.

Include a sculpt like that, muscle body and gold jeet kune do necklace and I'm there :hi5:

:exactly::goodpost::lecture:1-1:

There was some interesting info someone posted in one of the Lee threads. Essentially:

Hot Toys were able to get around this because Enter the Dragon is an American movie owned by Warner brothers.

The Lee family estate own Lee's actual likeness and give it out to pretty much anyone that wants to pay them.

If that is all true (and I think it is) it may be a long time if ever, that we see Hot Toys doing Game of Death.

...you may see Hot Toys Kato though since it wouldn't be covered under Enterbay's agreement.

I remember that being posted and I thought that if I wished it hard enough it would never come up again and would never be true. If Gung Fu clarifies this either way then this'd be the version I'd believe.

Gung Fu? There's a top secret Bruce Lee mystery to be solved, are you up to it?

Haha! I was the one who made that speculation here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3424631&postcount=883

and here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3424969&postcount=890

Honestly thats the best I could gather from reading JC Hong's blog and a few speculations and deductions on my own, also Wai Man (breakersrevenge) posted later in the same thread that Enterbay control the exclusive license for Game of Death 1/6th

Any Bruce Lee hot toys throws at us I would be buying for sure, since they would be affordable XD .

I wish for a GOD Bruce tho' :( . My Enterbay Version 1 GOD Bruce is looking outated, but I love it anyways.

Any Bruce Lee hot toys throws at us I would be buying for sure, since they would be affordable XD .

I wish for a GOD Bruce tho' :( . My Enterbay Version 1 GOD Bruce is looking outated, but I love it anyways.

Buy the new one, or if you are averse to that try to get the Nokia version... both are expensive but the new one is a better buy as the Nokia is too pricey for its overall package

I would have liked a HT WotD figure, to replace my EB 1/4 scale statue. I didn't realise how much space that thing would take :L Poor thing is still sitting in it's box. It's 1/6 scale figures FTW :D

do you think hot toys could release a true type body with the GOD clothes?

then we could just steal the suit and bang it on the new Bruce body???

do you think hot toys could release a true type body with the GOD clothes?

then we could just steal the suit and bang it on the new Bruce body???

I don't think so.
It's already indicated as "Bruce Lee body" so no TT-type of product now can be released with it.

I don't think so.
It's already indicated as "Bruce Lee body" so no TT-type of product now can be released with it.

will it just be the body you think?

i originally wanted the GOD enterbay because that look is sick and most importantly it had the seamless body

I wish they would do a figure of Bruce from the promotional picture I see all the time of him in traditional Kung Fu movie garb (the very Shaw Brothers looking get-up)...

Back