Adam Hughes' She-Hulk Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, I don't really like the pose and the 80's hair, as someone mentioned earlier. can see what Hughes was going for (the [she]hulking out), but its a very meh statue, IMO.

It may just be me, but sometimes it's sexier when a woman is fully clothed rather than skanking it out... I mean, I find this much sexier than the AH! statue...

she-hulk-onea.jpg

I like that art too. And I like cheesecake. I love cheesecake! But the sculpt is too over-the-top IMO.

BB

That's the WHOLE point.

It's too over-the-top, IMO. Kinda silly where Rogue and Black Cat are sexier poses. I totally dislike the Mary Jane sculpt and the proportions but give him credit for using the smaller eyes on the Spidey mask and not the freakish McFarlane look.

BB

It's too over-the-top, IMO. Kinda silly where Rogue and Black Cat are sexier poses. I totally dislike the Mary Jane sculpt and the proportions but give him credit for using the smaller eyes on the Spidey mask and not the freakish McFarlane look.

BB

Hey McFarlane rocked as Spidey Artist.:D I actually think the MJ is more Romita than Hughes.

I guess how you look upon the AH! She-Hulk is if you're a true fan of her, have read her own series or just her appearances in Avengers or other guest starring roles. I have all of her own series and I love this! So glad for the lawyers outfit and that it isn't another jumpsuit and mostly that she isn't in a bodybuilding pose. To many drawings of her like that, I think it's lazy. Strong woman with muscles? Yep, bodybuilder. She-Hulk is a strong woman in both senses, but she has been in many silly situations so I think this pose is great!
Dan Slott's version of She-Hulk is what got me back to comics again after a 10 year hiatus Didn't know it was cancelled untill I got the latest book. Too bad. Hope she returns in some larger role soon.

Oh, my girlfriend has that problem too...she can't win with me, and I can't win her. Its a constant battle between us, my buying stuff, and her trying to undermind my purchases... so far I think I'm winning :D

Oh I don't try to undermine Adam. I mean, if I were to do that, he could tell me that I couldn't have my Storm Trooper armor, or my 1:4 scale Biker Scout, or any of my other Storm Trooper themed collectibles. And don't even get me started on the original art I buy, or the sheepdog stuff.

Did you know one could also feasibly collect sheepdog themed collectibles and original art? And from a display stand point, the colors involved in Strom Troopers and Sheepdogs all go very well together!

Haha excellent. We use our extra bedroom as my theater room, man cave right now. Still living in an apartment but she lets me keep a display case of my collectibles in the dinning room/living room area right now because my theater room is back with TV, speakers and chairs and my PFs my 1/6ths are out in the living room (most anyways). That might be changing soon as I have like 4 or 5 PFs coming in the next couple months.
Jeez; I am way too much of a push over. Adam is getting the whole lower level of our new house (less the dog wash room) for his "man cave". And we are having custom displays built for the "collection".

I guess how you look upon the AH! She-Hulk is if you're a true fan of her, have read her own series or just her appearances in Avengers or other guest starring roles. I have all of her own series and I love this! So glad for the lawyers outfit and that it isn't another jumpsuit and mostly that she isn't in a bodybuilding pose. To many drawings of her like that, I think it's lazy. Strong woman with muscles? Yep, bodybuilder. She-Hulk is a strong woman in both senses, but she has been in many silly situations so I think this pose is great!
Dan Slott's version of She-Hulk is what got me back to comics again after a 10 year hiatus Didn't know it was cancelled untill I got the latest book. Too bad. Hope she returns in some larger role soon.
This is an excellent point. I've read alot of people that don't like the statue, saying things like "She-Hulk in a suit? she should be breaking stuff!" or ""Why isn't she in her purple costume, full of rage and flexing her muscles?". If you've read her recent series, and the older Byrne one, she isn't the Hulk with breasts. Her more recent titles have been humorous, and play heavily on her role as a lawyer.

She-Hulk is actually in the new She-Hulk book about the Hulk's daughter Lyra (the one with red hair). Supposedly it will be a battle to see who has the right to carry the title of She-Hulk whereas it seems like Lyra is just trying to find her father. It looks like She-Hulk was sent by the government to stop Lyra since she is laying waste to anything in her path.
She-Hulk will also be appearing in the Hulk Family title in the future. I hope/don't think She-Hulk will be without a title for long, I think David had something going there with his run on She-Hulk.

This is an excellent point. I've read alot of people that don't like the statue, saying things like "She-Hulk in a suit? she should be breaking stuff!" or ""Why isn't she in her purple costume, full of rage and flexing her muscles?". If you've read her recent series, and the older Byrne one, she isn't the Hulk with breasts. Her more recent titles have been humorous, and play heavily on her role as a lawyer.

I'm grateful she isn't in a weight lifting pose or in her leotard. I've never bought a She-Hulk statue because they are always in those poses. I thought the statue playful and, as with the other statues in the series, a caught in the moment look. Bad pedicure and all.

I don't know about this one. I can't judge it fairly with what little is shown but personally there's something about it I just don't like.

I think it may be the hips and thighs. When girls have larger more muscular shoulders they really need wider hips and thighs to compensate and maintain some femininity. It may just be the way She Hulk is posed and the angle in the shot though. I'll just have to wait and see.
But I'm eagerly anticipating seeing more of this statue, I've been wishing for a Hughes She Hulk statue ever since this line was announced! :D

People, stop the hateration!....she's a gorgeous piece!...you don't like it, shut up and get on with your life!...simple as that!....:angrycanu

I'm late to the game on this one. It looks really nice, but I'm just not enough of a Hulk/She-Hulk fan to want to pick this one up. Although it'll probably be tempting cause I know it's gonna look great in the pics once it goes up for pre-order.

Here's a clearer image I took by screen grabbing and with a little PS tweaks. You gotta know how to take pixel based low res images and blow them up with the least amount of pixelation. Best i could do with what they gave us. But if you start with a tiny crappy image it's gonna be hard to get it look presentable...

shehulkz.jpg

Here's a clearer image I took by screen grabbing and with a little PS tweaks. You gotta know how to take pixel based low res images and blow them up with the least amount of pixelation. Best i could do with what they gave us. But if you start with a tiny crappy image it's gonna be hard to get it look presentable...

shehulkz.jpg

Thats awesome..:rock

shehulkz.jpg

looks great. one of my faves of the line already! any idea when the pre-sale will be?

Back