Ada Wong vs. ANY new Assassin's Creed figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you rather have the new Ada Wong figure or ANY new Assassin's Creed figure?

• Total voters
There's always someone who wants something else, whose going to be upset. As much as it may displease others, if you don't have the bread and butter properties, so to say, companies wouldn't have the revenue necessary to do things from lesser selling properties. Given the small percentage of RE games that collect 1/6, I bet an even smaller percentage of AC fans collection toys at all. It doesn't seem like that's the games fanbase after all.

Yes your right. They know they got the consumers for the RE products, but they can only really release the main protagonists of each AC. Why buy the license for one game and release one figure. There are plenty of RE characters that were and can be made. In RE6 alone you got 7 figures that would sell very well.

Also I think this Ada figure is a precursor to doing another Leon figure which is the most sought after RE figure (and the RPD ver).

It's a tough sell I think, which is unfortunate. I'd be up for some AC figures, but I mean.. go to Target, they don't seem to sell super well do they? :(

Technically it's only that because it's pretty much their only VGM that's been exploited to it's potential.

If MGS or AC had 14 figures made i bet they'd have sold equally as good or better.

I wouldn't go that far, lol. Resident Evil benefits from having a large cast of main characters that are highly recognizable and well known. Most video games do not. Metal Gear Solid has the Snakes and Raiden basically, outside of that it all depends on what kind of MGS fan you are, and I doubt the casual gamer whose played MGS is going to go "Oh man, Sniper Wolf, MGS4 Meryl, Otacon!". RE is a GREAT game for a video game toy line, probably one of the best when you consider all of the iconic characters, villains, and monsters. Most games have what.. one iconic character, sometimes more depending on the longevity of the title which leads to a returning support cast and villain?

There's always someone who wants something else, whose going to be upset. As much as it may displease others, if you don't have the bread and butter properties, so to say, companies wouldn't have the revenue necessary to do things from lesser selling properties. Given the small percentage of RE games that collect 1/6, I bet an even smaller percentage of AC fans collection toys at all. It doesn't seem like that's the games fanbase after all.

People like to say that, but in practice HT make enough from their bread and butter properties to do lots of figures from lesser selling properties... But still only do one or two or don't make them at all. :(

I wouldn't go that far, lol. Resident Evil benefits from having a large cast of main characters that are highly recognizable and well known. Most video games do not. Metal Gear Solid has the Snakes and Raiden basically, outside of that it all depends on what kind of MGS fan you are, and I doubt the casual gamer whose played MGS is going to go "Oh man, Sniper Wolf, MGS4 Meryl, Otacon!". RE is a GREAT game for a video game toy line, probably one of the best when you consider all of the iconic characters, villains, and monsters. Most games have what.. one iconic character, sometimes more depending on the longevity of the title which leads to a returning support cast and villain?

MGS has an equal or possibly more amount of characters that people would buy to Resi. I could list them but it's take to long

and the statment about the casual gamer going 'oh hey it's sniper wolf' could be in the exact same position with 'oh look its the chainsaw guy' or 'oh look its kraus'

People like to say that, but in practice HT make enough from their bread and butter properties to do lots of figures from lesser selling properties... But still only do one or two or don't make them at all. :(

Hot Toys is crazy. I'm convinced Howard is this eclectic genius that just goes with random gut instincts half the time. There are smart business decisions at play, sure, but at the same time they make some odd decisions with their licenses. Just stop for a second and look at the video game line so far. Hot Toys started the MGS license with Naked Snake. Is the game called Metal Gear Naked? No, lol. At the end of the day we have to take what we get, and I think it's pretty random at best. I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toys dropped another AC figure out of nowhere, or something like a God of War or Darksiders figure either. They're just weird like that.

Don't get me wrong Nova, I LOVE MGS, but it's non-lead characters don't have the same mass appeal that RE do. I think we also have to take Asian countries into account too, how successful are Western games in Japan, like AC? It's not about amount of characters, it's about the amount of popular recognizable characters. Come on, people really want to argue a game like MGS has as many popular main characters as RE?

I think Krauser was a pretty major character in RE4, considered one of the best games of it's time, so I don't think it's that weird of a choice. The Chainsaw Ganado was random though! lol.

Technically it's only that because it's pretty much their only VGM that's been exploited to it's potential.

If MGS or AC had 14 figures made i bet they'd have sold equally as good or better.
Everybody was throwing their toys out of the pram that there was no HT MGS figures. Then they showed The boss and Sneaking suit Naked snake. Then majority of the initial responses were " why that suit for snake? it looks ****. ill wait for a tiger camo " and then " The Boss looks like a Tranny, im not buying it unless they change the head sculpt ". HT gives us what they think we want and then everybody jumps ship before the figures are even released. Sure a bunch of us are still going to get naked snake because its a snake. But sometimes HT throws people a bone and the people throw it back at them and then complain they dont get what they want.

I dont blame HT for playing it safe and continuing a line with guaranteed success.

Id be over the moon if a new AC Character was announced, MGS 1 Snake and Ada wong. Id want them all. Im annoyed at all this childish wah wah behavior though thats spilled into 2 unrelated threads and became a thread of its own

Yeah, at the end of the day I don't see why anyone is upset. Any video game characters, to begin with, is only a good thing for all video game merchandise. Surely the more success the video game series has, the more figures will get made.

I keep saying Hot Toys needs to expand and hire new talent. Then split into different smaller groups and focus on different lines and properties. That way they can continue with the increased amount licenses, but increase their product quality and range.

I want tons of video game figures, I'd take a AC figure if it were good right now.

Also I think this Ada figure is a precursor to doing another Leon figure which is the most sought after RE figure (and the RPD ver).

Definitely. I'm sure that Ada is just the first in a new line (or re-released line) of RE figures. RPD Leon, especially, has been on my list of "most wanted" figures for years.

Definitely. I'm sure that Ada is just the first in a new line (or re-released line) of RE figures. RPD Leon, especially, has been on my list of "most wanted" figures for years.

The morning I wake up and see a new RPD Leon Kennedy will be the most glorious day ever. Hopefully if that happens, it will mean a proper Claire Redfield figure, and maybe William Birkin! Also, why can't RE get a DX figure? It would be a good excuse for Hot Toys to do some two packs of characters like William Birkin, and do the whole two outfit deal with guys like Leon and Chris.

..and they might as well stop making Batman figures, b/c those people will never be happy anyway. Instead, make AC figures, that'll fill the gap in sales.

J/k!!! ;)

Its better than five and has awesome characters that the fans love and RE has a huge fanbase so HT making Figures from RE6 is a must even if the game did suck. I didnt care for RE5 and most fans didnt like it but we got toys up the ass for that one including dlc figures and varients. Kiva is right tho HT is weird, nobody expected Xmen 3 wolverine or The whole avengers line but they did it and it was just unexpected and so unlikely. HT just likes to be recluse about the details.

Its better than five and has awesome characters that the fans love and RE has a huge fanbase so HT making Figures from RE6 is a must even if the game did suck. I didnt care for RE5 and most fans didnt like it but we got toys up the ass for that one including dlc figures and varients. Kiva is right tho HT is weird, nobody expected Xmen 3 wolverine or The whole avengers line but they did it and it was just unexpected and so unlikely. HT just likes to be recluse about the details.

Really? No one expected the whole avengers line after they made figures for IM, IM2, CA, and Thor?

Really? No one expected the whole avengers line after they made figures for IM, IM2, CA, and Thor?
2 More Mark 6's, Agent Coulson, , Loki, the Chitari warrior. Actually getting a HULK! Can you really say people expected thoes? Or took them as a given? Im surprised we are getting more than Cap America, Thor and MK VII
I've heard from a lot of RE fans that 6 isn't that great...not as good as 5...thoughts?
Bull****. Re 6 beats Re5 so hard it should be illegal. I prefer it over Re 4 and that in many peoples eyes is the "best" (Though i dont, mine would have to go to Code Veronica or Re2). Theres heaps of replay value and fun in it. It gets dislikes for 2 reasons

1) Its not Survival Horror (but it hasnt been for 8 years...)
2) Theres alot of Quick time events. Ive got fairly fast reactions so i can pull most of them off and barely have a death. Alot of people seem to be dying and cant handle the QTE though.

Aside from thoes 2 there is minor flaws but otherwise its a biiiiiggg step up from any Re game in years.

Last edited:
Not sure how i feel about Connor yet,but i definitely want an Old Ezio and Altair.

I've heard from a lot of RE fans that 6 isn't that great...not as good as 5...thoughts?

It's definitely the most "Western" of the series and I find lacking in aspects compared to RE4-5. I look at it this way, RE4>RE6>RE5. Although I appreciate RE5 over RE6 because it still kept the same formula as RE4 pretty much. But I put RE6 over RE5 since only in Leon's campaign we actually get Zombies.

It's definitely the most "Western" of the series and I find lacking in aspects compared to RE4-5. I look at it this way, RE4>RE6>RE5. Although I appreciate RE5 over RE6 because it still kept the same formula as RE4 pretty much. But I put RE6 over RE5 since only in Leon's campaign we actually get Zombies.

Yeah, totally agree with that. RE4 had really good pacing. It's amazing now... but I remember anticipating something new going through every door. RE5 copied a lot of RE4 and not so well. RE6, while being all over the place, has done tons of new things with the game play which I can appreciate. I haven't tried RE: Revelations on the 3DS. Wonder how that one is...

As for the older style RE games, REmake and RE2 are my favorites.

Last edited:
Sooo...looks like Assassin's Creed wins? (I know that comment is bound to piss off a bunch of RE fanboys)

Back