ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry man - been on baby duty since I got home. I don't do videos but I'll try to get a pic or two up if I get a chance.

After opening him up, I gotta say wow! This is one solid and well balanced figure. If it wasn't for the over-fraying and slightly undersized swords, it would be absolutely perfect to me. The entire figure seems to be made of top notch materials. He poses easily and stands up well without a stand. This is my first ACI figure and I'm very impressed.

The fraying is probably very easily fixable with a pair of scissors for those that would want to do that, just trim it away, and maybe nab a loose asmus sword or two if anyone parts out the figures, pretty easy fixes to bring this guy to perfection imo.

One thing I will say though for those that are planning on displaying this guy on an Asmus steed (I was thinking on this), he is very heavy for a 1/6 figure - I would be a little concerned that the steed won't be able to support his weight. But I guess time will tell on that until someone actually tries it out!

I am currently debating whether to go with Asmus or ACI on the Ringwraiths. I found the steeds being sold separate, and prefer the overall look of the ACI one...but obviously it'll cost me an extra £50 to get the ACI figure and Asmus steed!

quick n dirty pic from last night right before bed. Not futzed and scabbards not put on yet lol - still think he looks pretty nice though :)

If I get anytime on Saturday, I'll try to get some next to Asmus Morgul Lord, but no promises - got a lot going on this weekend lol

ah looks much better than the in hand asmus ones I've seen. Ordered 2. Hope they aren't too heavy for the Asmus steeds but if so, I will do Weathertop dio

While I like the fact that folks say this body is sturdy and easily posed, I am really not liking the 'oversized' head area and the way overblown fraying. It's almost looking like a zombie wraith. I think the Asmus costume is more true to the Ringwraith from a fraying perspective, but I still don't have mine, so I'm still a lilttle in the dark. The ACI just shows way too much arm and leg...

Definitely agree on the fraying, they went way overboard with it, no question. Im not much of a customizer, but I think I'm going to try and do something about that on mine.

But the head doesn't look oversized to me in person, my pic isn't the best representation of the figure tbh

I think it's 5 times more effort to mass produce the costume like ACI than others. And many pictures of their official one or customers' one were just showing too much the armour in order to show their metal armour I think! Mine can be easily cover most of the figure if I am not using their "wire" to set pose.
For the head, obviously they modified their size comparing with the proto.

While I like the fact that folks say this body is sturdy and easily posed, I am really not liking the 'oversized' head area and the way overblown fraying. It's almost looking like a zombie wraith. I think the Asmus costume is more true to the Ringwraith from a fraying perspective, but I still don't have mine, so I'm still a lilttle in the dark. The ACI just shows way too much arm and leg...

It does appear to be very frayed. However I would rather have that, than pay the money being asked for Asmus, and find it falls to pieces, and the main body needs replacing, due to poor quality.

The cloak Asmus providing was just too simple in design and production. They even could not provide an accurate way of the medieval like style of the original LOTR . Just compare how many layers of cloth been made by the 2 companies, you will know what I am saying. I have to stop here, otherwise I will be "again" labeled . Cheers

It does appear to be very frayed. However I would rather have that, than pay the money being asked for Asmus, and find it falls to pieces, and the main body needs replacing, due to poor quality.

true, Asmus I do prefer the Robes, and I think the hood falls better. But ACI does have good look.

I will be getting both anyhow to be honest. I've settled with getting one Nazgul and Steed boxset and one ACI Ringwraith for now. As much as detailed pics are great, I'm always of the opinion I'd rather judge for myself :) It's always personal preference and to be honest, we're frigging stuffed to have Asmus from now on anyway regardless lol as ACI have sadly not had the licence extended.

For ACI money I'd expect a perfect or near-perfect figure. For Asmus money I'd hope for a great figure but suck up a few mods to bring it up to par.

Yeah! ACI 's Ringwraith is of very high quality and I would say it's near-perfect figure. At least it's a very top quality figure even comparing to all other companies in the market. Their metal armour is worth the price!

For ACI money I'd expect a perfect or near-perfect figure. For Asmus money I'd hope for a great figure but suck up a few mods to bring it up to par.

well, I have one of each coming..ACI one and the Asmus set. So I'll be able to make my own judgement call when they arrive :) If Asmus one just going to be mounted on horseback, it'll be more than perfect, and will use ACI one in Weathertop diorama etc.

Been working on trimming the fraying off mine today, and its already looking a lot better! About to head out to watch the super bowl, but I'll try to finish and get some pics up if im not too buzzed later lol

Back