ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't wait to see what you do with him in those awesome ruins, so jealous you live close to that!

haha thanks. That one is about 15 miles away. Got another 5 within an hours drive. Most still pretty intact, but this one I think will be ideal. It's also hidden away, being in the woods, from prying eyes who can poke fun at me lol (although to be fair, when I was up the local mountain doing my Falklands shoot, I got seen but they were really interested, especially when they heard the subject matter).

Living in Wales has some disadvantages, but when it comes to historical monuments like this etc, it's one of most beautiful places in the world!

Wow dude! awesome pics

it looks like the fraying on yours wasn't quite as severe as it was on mine too, unless you trimmed it?

Nice pics, paramore.

Agreed, sixx, very tempting figure. Think I could be happy with just Asmus' Morgul Lord and this figure as a LotR display. Will have to see whether or not I decide to sell Morgul, though (love it but want to cut back on number of properties I'm in). This figure is just so well done and poses so well, that I'm kind of going back and forth on it.

really nice pics Paramore - did you trim the frayed edges or was yours not as prominent? Still waiting for my eBay dealer to bloody get them in stock. Not happy at all!

Thanks guys :duff

No I haven't trimmed it, the fraying isn't too bad on mine. This is another fantastic quality release by ACI which just further increases the disappointment that this and Aragorn are the only two releases we're getting from them. Really can't say how good this piece is. It obliterates the Asmus in every way. And to actually have a LotR figure you can display straight out the box is unheard of! :lol

ACI left. Asmus right.

Last edited:
Wow it's really good. Can't wait for mine. Still waiting to hear when it will be shipped. Aragorn was shipped 2 days ago.

Yep, difference between ACI and Asmus id pretty stark, paramore! ACI looks straight out of the movie. Looks great with Asmus' steed, though, as I imagined it would. Dammit, you're not making this easy to pass on, haha.

I gotta chime in for Asmus here :lol

The ACI is clearly the better figure - with a trim of the robes imo, there's just no contest. But for the money, you'd almost have to consider it a case of a single figure vs figure + horse.

Having bought the figure + horse set, I'm happy with it - but if I had to swap it for the single ACI figure, I think I'd be just as happy.

I think I'll be saving up now for more ACI Ringwraiths, and use the Asmus steed if needed. Got one of each set en route. But wanted one or 2 more. Can't stretch to all 9, though I will try lol

When I 1st saw the aci vrs the asmus, I thought the asmus was owning this guy, what a turn around , if I was looking to getting nine I'd get this guy as a hero and the asmus as background fodder

yeah that's a good idea. If I fork out for 9, might get 3 ACI ones, and the rest Asmus...as background. They're still good, but ACI totally nailing it.

Still getting Asmus too though. For the steed, and because gotta support the companies making these for us! Otherwise they'll stop and I want my full Fellowship line up dammit! haha

yeah that's a good idea. If I fork out for 9, might get 3 ACI ones, and the rest Asmus...as background. They're still good, but ACI totally nailing it.

Still getting Asmus too though. For the steed, and because gotta support the companies making these for us! Otherwise they'll stop and I want my full Fellowship line up dammit! haha

I'm with your train of thought here, wanna support Asmus, and as collector of villains I had planned on getting the wraith (I did get morgul Lord, Gotmog & Guritz) but man the ACI really is the better figure in every way, there's just no denying it. I'm not going for a set of nine, cause well that's just crazy lol - will absolutely get the steed, no question. But on the fence now on the Asmus wraith.. do wanna support them, but don't want to spend money on a figure I'll probably never display..

Gonna think on the asmus wraith a little more, but definitely getting the steed as soon as I find an affordable one in stock somehwere.

haha yeah exactly. Yeah a set of nine is crazy lol. Could pay for a 2 week vacation to USA for my family for the cost of 9 lol.

I think I'll get the steed. I'm just seeing too many stories of people saying the ankle breaks, or loose foot, etc on the Asmus one, and I don't want to be buying a faulty figure. I will find the steed separate also, and use it with the ACI one, then supporting Asmus as well.

I'm in two minds on the rest of the Asmus line so far, as I am really thinking of collecting the Fellowship, and Wraiths, but then I keep imagining what my collection would be like with a full 1:6 world of Tolkien lol

Back