ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the ACI Roman General and on balance it is an excellent figure. Their historical-based military lines have been executed pretty well - though apparently their last Roman legionnaire figure was a mess.

This might be 'in development' but I'd be embarrassed to even release that pic.

I would be embarrassed to release that pic as well! Maybe they want people to focus on the head gear and saddle/riding gear, but using that plastic horse to display it wasn't the greatest idea.

:cuckoo:

10320510_567209140043950_2782356195849006062_n.jpg

Reposting so I can continue to have something to come back to that gives me a good chuckle.

This has to be the best example of a "rush to compete" mentality between companies.

To be fair, Asmus only posted atmospheric pics showing both rider and horse - perhaps they aren't that far removed. Although it does appear that this one isn't articulated.

Well if we're being fair -- ACI is missing a lot of rings on the reins and headgear, the head armor is too small, the saddle is wrong, the cover is not long enough, the horse itself is not cut and wounded, nor has any character at all... I could go on. Clearly this was rushed. It's so "tame" it looks like a Barbie Nazgul Steed.

For the price tag, not really impressed with this project so far. I think the ringwraiths are hard because you essentially have to use cloth to shape the character and make a headless body look good. Even though the Asmus one is still a bit unclear in terms of what it fully looks like under light, their Morgul Lord gives them some benefit of the doubt.

That really just looks awful.... I was honestly shocked when I saw that picture. Now I really would like to see the pricetag, usually ACI ain't that cheap. But I do think more than 20USD for this would be nuts...

the "horse only" picture won't justify the overall accuracy of the product. if you could see the below pictures, they make more sense to me !
I dare say ACI is not "wise" enough to hide the problem like Axums, or too honest to show what the horse will be!
On the other hand, we never know what the Axmus steed be without Ringwraith figure 'cos we never have a clear picture for the product(both Ringwraith & Steed)!
And I still worrying about the quality of Axumus, the "bandaged" and super-lose figure of Morgul Lord, the horrible quality of worn-effect.
Their official pictures never tell us the quality and even the real appearance of Steed!
am003-1.jpg
am003-2.jpg

Reposting so I can continue to have something to come back to that gives me a good chuckle.

This has to be the best example of a "rush to compete" mentality between companies.

the "horse only" picture won't justify the overall accuracy of the product. if you could see the below pictures, they make more sense to me !
I dare say ACI is not "wise" enough to hide the problem like Axums, or too honest to show what the horse will be!
On the other hand, we never know what the Axmus steed be without Ringwraith figure 'cos we never have a clear picture for the product(both Ringwraith & Steed)!
And I still worrying about the quality of Axumus, the "bandaged" and super-lose figure of Morgul Lord, the horrible quality of worn-effect.
Their official pictures never tell us the quality and even the real appearance of Steed!

Asmus, ACI - and now you're saying Axums, Axmus and Axumus are all releasing Riders and their steeds? We really are being spoiled for choice :yess:

Well the horse does look a little less Barbie with a Wraith on top of it unless Ken is under the cloak. Since I am a huge fan of the books I can live with a non-movie accurate saddle etc. but that horse looks a little too happy. Maybe paint the eyes red, give it some cuts and paint it a darker shade of black. :dunno I am guessing at this point the horse is set so only minor things might be tweaked like paint. If I am wrong then I would say change the pose to something less perky and morre menacing. I would go for either a searching pose with the head lower since he horse acts as the wraiths eyes or have it on its back two feet like the PF.

Well if we're being fair -- ACI is missing a lot of rings on the reins and headgear, the head armor is too small, the saddle is wrong, the cover is not long enough, the horse itself is not cut and wounded, nor has any character at all... I could go on. Clearly this was rushed. It's so "tame" it looks like a Barbie Nazgul Steed.

What were they thinking :huh I've seen prototype pending approval, but not something this shoddily put together. Definitely be going with Asmus on this one :lol

What were they thinking :huh

I'm not sure at all.

This competition seems like silly business to me. These two companies have the license, they'd be smart to semi-cooperate and not compete with the same product. Clearly someone is going to lose, and at the moment it looks like ACI.

They'd both do better if they released non-competing items.

If they both stick with the license I would think they would but I would think each company independently came up with their own road maps and it just so happened that the ringwraiths have fallen to about the same time for both of them. It makes sense to do the wraiths early too. People might buy multiples and that increases sales plus there are no human likenesses to worry about and SS never made the 1/6 wraith so it fits into their line as well. Now if I was ACI and Asmus I would try to make sure the Aragorns don’t come out at the same time but on the other hand if you can get yours out first you might be able to sell more than your competition.

okay, I have to agree that the horse lacks character compared to Asmus. These companies want to get us excited for stuff with early pics, but it can easily backfire.

Back