ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me like ACI is selling you a complete figure that you don't have to futz with, whereas Asmus is selling you a "fixer-upper".

Seems to me like ACI is selling you a complete figure that you don't have to futz with, whereas Asmus is selling you a "fixer-upper".

You call this "a complete figure that you don't have to futz with"?!?
attachment.php

Of course we won't know that until someone drops $250 to get the ACI. Maybe that body will suck too, or be unable to support all that die cast.

I'm almost certain ACI's offering will require significant futzing. The real question is: will you have to upgrade the body?

Asmus: $160 + $20-$30 for new body = $180-$190

ACI: $250

Even with the cost of a new body, you are still saving $60 with Asmus. Also, likely now that Asmus sees this, they will offer an extra bonus of some kind (like the torso with Gothmog).

Without seeing the final product mind you, ACI has lost me for now in favor of Asmus. Just simply out-priced.

So how many of you guys here are actually getting this, I was losing hope then a shop here just came up with the pre-order yesterday.

Ps. I second that LOTR isn't big in asia

I am tempted and I might pre-order one from bbts because I can cancel it with no penalty if Asmus puts one out that is around the same quality and better priced.

It's just a lot of money for a figure.

Back