ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess would be they rushed to get it out there and maybe there are multiple hands. I don't have a problem with the circle opening hand if it works with the weapons and they have other hands for different set ups.

One thing that has never been stated is what the customer range is for their line. They might be going the less expensive route on purpose. Maybe they think Lord of the Rings can sell at around $75/$100 and their stuff is inbetween the quality of Toy Biz and Sideshow not between Sideshow and Hot Toys?
With the products that ACI has already released I don't see them lowering their quality standards and selling a cheaper product.

I'm not to worried about the openning in the hand being round... I assume the swords will have a 2-part hilt that will fit on either side and look good once once together.

Well this is getting interesting. LotR getting attention from two companies. Competition can be a good thing.

Interesting first figure choice for ACI's LOTR line, going with the easiest, simplest figure to do. I mean anyone could make a custom Ringwraith figure like this and get the United Cutlery letter opener metal Ringwraith sword (maybe some 1/6 knight's gloves) and have a decent figure there. There is amor gloves and boot/legging things and a belt that is visible, the rest is long black flowing cloth. But I am guessing the 2nd figure is going to be explosively good and that's the strategy they are going with by releasing this simple figure first.

I was hoping for one of 20 main good guy characters since their Roman General was terrific but I guess it takes longer to put that kind of thing together than 4 or 5 months since ACI's LOTR line announcement. :gandalf

To be honest I was behind ACI's LOTR line 100% compared with Asmus (who are starting to win me over more with each new post), and now things do look more even with the two companies to me, as AD Artwork said, "a fair fight". :lsvader

Last edited:
To be fairly priced... I don't think I would pay more than $100 for a plain Wraith.

I doubt they would do a clothing only...since the hands and legs need armor as well as some accessories. But the price SHOULD reflect the effort to make the figure. If its around $100, I may be in for 2.

If the price is anywhere near $150, they may price themselves out of the business pretty quickly.

A better pic by Luka from the show
image.jpg

Last edited:
Have to say...I think this image makes the figure look MUCH better. I actually LOVE the cloth...looks nice and thick...heavy. I hope we see more definitive press shots soon that show off the weapons and ARMOR!

Back