*** [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 " WARRIOR " -- FLAMMA Gladiator of Rome Coming Soon ****

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ACI Gladiator!

:nono Hey now! Don't insult the intelligence of the mods in General Collectibles. :tap

Butty mention it in the lounge since you're powerless in GC. :lol

Edit: :lol Ninja posts! I was kidding SM. Besides, they can see your deleted post anyway. :nana::lol
I tried to delete it before anyone noticed, didn't want to ruffle the mods delicate feathers. I can understand why someone would want to post about this in the more visible general section, I just don't look there as often.

Not sure what the second version is based on, but it's kind of cool. I love the first pose - based on this, no doubt.

800px-Jean-Leon_Gerome_Pollice_Verso.jpg

I'd love to see other Roman and Greek historical figures as well. I'd rather have Augustus before Julius, though, based on this sculpture (but fully armed):

400px-Statue-Augustus.jpg

And Socrates would rock, as well.

The pose is most definitely based on the Gerome painting which is the image I see when I think of Gladiators, couldn't be any more iconic. The second image is of Flamma in a cape showing off the head sculpt.

Julius and Augustus are pretty much interchangeable as I don't think there's an example of Julius' armor known to exist. I think if they do make a Julius they'll just give him Augustus' armor.
Socrates is just not known for being a soldier, people only know him as a philosopher so I doubt they'll even consider him.

Socrates is just not known for being a soldier, people only know him as a philosopher so I doubt they'll even consider him.

I seem to remember reading about him being quite a proficient warrior, actually. Can't remember the source - it's been a while since my classics courses in university...

At any rate, him as philosopher alone would be pretty cool, imo.

The pose is most definitely based on the Gerome painting which is the image I see when I think of Gladiators, couldn't be any more iconic. The second image is of Flamma in a cape showing off the head sculpt.

absolutely love that painting. one of my favorites.

Re: *** [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 " WARRIOR " -- FLAMMA Gladiator of Rome Coming Soon ****

I'm embarrassed to say that when I first went searching for a pic of it, I looked for Jacques-Louis David - d'oh!!!

It was a favourite of mine too - gotta love the neoclassical stuff.

Re: *** [ ACI Toys ] 1/6 " WARRIOR " -- FLAMMA Gladiator of Rome Coming Soon ****

I'm embarrassed to say that when I first went searching for a pic of it, I looked for Jacques-Louis David - d'oh!!!

It was a favourite of mine too - gotta love the neoclassical stuff.

david also rocks! :rock

i think my favorite by him is death of marat.

any speculation on price yet? We looking at $100 or so? ACI ususally isn't an expensive company, right? But the new body throws all previous history out the window.

I'm going to laugh my butt off then if these end up being crap! :lol

Nah, I'm just saying its a little crazy to spend a grand on an unproven product. I'd say buy one and see how it is before buying another 10 or so. I'm all for this figure if the body turns out great.

i'm curious to see if the gladiator stuff gets parted out for cheap.

Nah, I'm just saying its a little crazy to spend a grand on an unproven product. I'd say buy one and see how it is before buying another 10 or so. I'm all for this figure if the body turns out great.

Who's spent $1k on these? You might want to spend $200 on:

51A9ZS8Q5AL.jpg

:nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:

I've got $1k reserved for these guys.

Who's spent $1k on these? You might want to spend $200 on:

51A9ZS8Q5AL.jpg

:nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:

I know you have spent it yet, but you are looking to. I take it you are indeed going to buy 1 and then see how it is before dropping the full 1K? :lol

I know you have spent it yet, but you are looking to. I take it you are indeed going to buy 1 and then see how it is before dropping the full 1K? :lol

Yeah. I'm not the one who buys ____ only to turn around and flip it a month later in the F/S threads. :stick

Back