ACi have LOTR licence

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.. We need the Fellowship of the Ring. Some of us don't have a single 1/6 LotR because they'd stick out too much from the rest of their collection due to them not aging well.

.. We need the Fellowship of the Ring. Some of us don't have a single 1/6 LotR because they'd stick out too much from the rest of their collection due to them not aging well.

Really they've aged just fine as a whole. Aragorn and Faramir because of paint haven't as much but the rest sure have.

Don't listen to Dave, or any one else.

We need bad guys. Saruman, Lurtz, Wraiths, Goblins and Orcs, and Wormtongue. These are the figures we need. :exactly:

Why get doubles though? Asmus says they're producing those types of characters (ones we haven't gotten from SS). I'd rather have Asmus do what they're doing (secondary characters and missed primary ones) and let ACI tackle re-dos.

:exactly:

I think the clothing was done exceptionally well (except for parts of Aragorn-undershirt and duster coat). But both Aragorn and Legolas need new sculpts even Boromir but not as bad as the first two

I don't care which company makes them. Those are the characters I want. My Fellowship is complete. I want the baddies.

I don't care which company makes them. Those are the characters I want. My Fellowship is complete. I want the baddies.

Same here :lecture

Although actual 1/6 hobbits would be pretty awesome. I'm happy to have completed my fellowship; but the stock Hobbits scale and head size really sucked. Soft goods and accessories were great though, but the bodies really should have been 25% or so smaller and the heads about 50% :lol

Actually spoke to Brian (one of the ACI leads) and he agreed to be the center of the FIRST Green Dragon re-launch "Denizen's of Middle-earth" fan-based interview! He is excited about the prospect of LOTR, but cautioned and said their license is for HONG KONG ONLY. Probably won't deter the die-hard fans, but will be problematic for all of us in one way or another.

He also used the word "figure" and not "figures"...could have been a translation typo or it means that they will only be releasing a single figure.

More to come!

Geb

P.S. At any rate...send me your Denizen's questions at [email protected] or post them HERE!

Hmm I wonder if that means that US retailers that normally get ACI stuff won't be getting the LOTR offerings. If so, damn that sucks.

My Top 20 LotR list from the Asmus thread. Going to be interesting to see how these two licenses compete/complement one another and also how they fit in with the SS line.

1. Aragorn
  2. Gandalf
  3. Boromir
  4. Legolas
  5. Gimli
  6. Frodo
  7. Sam
  8. Merry
  9. Pippin
  10. Arwen
  11. Faramir
  12. Lurtz