ACi have LOTR licence

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a lot of people probably will skip gimli.. most of us who REALLY couldn't live without him just did our amazing customs. So unless they do a gimli that just blows me away, i'd probably skip it at least. I'd like to see some focus on figures we never had a chance to really do customs of. Not saying they shouldn't do gimli, i just don't think he needs to be one of the first ones.

I didn't feel like going through the trouble of kitbashing a Gimli and tracking down all the parts. Still holding out for a good licensed Gimli.

I think he meant to be a 1:6 collector and an LOTR fan Josh.

(ya scurvy format traitor!) :cuss

That makes sense then. :hi5:

:monkey2:lol

To be fair I did start out collecting statues with The Lord of the Rings first so that's my favorite format. I do still have all of my 1:6th figures from Sideshow for The Lord of the Rings (including my two custom bodies with no heads :lol). Depending on the character and cost I will probably snag a few.

I didn't feel like going through the trouble of kitbashing a Gimli and tracking down all the parts. Still holding out for a good licensed Gimli.

You could have just gotten a Toy Biz Gimli and had it custom painted. That's what I and others did. Mine came out really good. I need to take pictures of it sometime.

Anyone else think with Asmus going after characters that SS hasn't done (with a few remakes), that it would be cool if ACI does more remakes with a few newer characters? I know Asmus said with this announcement from ACI they had to pick it up a bit but I would like to not really have to choose one over the other but instead get more all together

Man, I was thinking of selling off my 1/6 LOTR collection, but this might have changed my mind...I just need Gimli, the four hobbits, Eomer and Gandalf the White...

Anyone else think with Asmus going after characters that SS hasn't done (with a few remakes), that it would be cool if ACI does more remakes with a few newer characters? I know Asmus said with this announcement from ACI they had to pick it up a bit but I would like to not really have to choose one over the other but instead get more all together

:exactly::goodpost::hi5:

I already posted this at OSW.

I don't know why but unless I'm missing it the news about LOTR is not on ACIs' site anymore.

Uh oh...sounds like a little legal spat going on! If this is anything like Fire Figures and their Ezio 1/6th figure...we are in TROUBLE!

It's still on their Facebook page though in their Cover Photos. And when asked if they had the license they replied with this:

"we could not do this without their approval!"

As for Fire Figures, they have stated they are in talks with Ubisoft. Whether that is true or not we don't know but they even said themselves that they'd be pretty stupid to show off the figures w/o talking with the company about it. Maybe not everyone at Ubisoft knows :dunno not trying to defend them just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I have a few ACI items. No figures, though. The items that I have are of very high quality and are well-made. I am looking forward to seeing what they can do with this line.

But to be completely honest, I am greatly disappointed that Sideshow is not doing these figures.

Disappointed? I'm ecstatic! Look at their human Star Wars line! Paint application issues, cheap quality accessories, skyrocketing prices, and they just make me remember they're a toy replica and not a miniature 1/6 version of the real deal.

Only have ACI's Roman General... But the Russell Crowe head fits right in with the best Hot Toys and customs I have!

Yea I'm not disappointed that they aren't by SS either. As long as they're for real licensed quality figures, I don't care who makes them, just make them in abundance!

Right on!! I have ZERO lotr 1/6 figures, and it'll stay that way until I see high quality ones I can display next to my favorite Hot Toys, Enterbay, and customs! But guess what? The Roman General is proudly displayed in my collection, and I wouldn't sell him for the $400+ I see him at on eBay! ACI truly has me excited!

I'm looking for Gollum and the main fellowship first!

Are peeps making their character choices in the hope of fleshing out their existing collections - even though I imagine that ACI will be bringing out a figure a few rungs up on the quality scale than sideshow? I'll go against the grain and just hope for the original fellowship and Gollum.

F that noise. Come out of the gate like Blitzway with a fantastic sculpt of a human like Aragorn or Legolas. Show you can nail Viggo and Bloom's likeness. Word will spread all over the net, preorders will sell out. Halfway to release, show unpainted sculpts of Saruman, Elrond and Denethor. Keep in regular contact with your customer base, reply to Facebook comments, and do polls on who the fans would like to see in the line.

I agree with these guys. :lol I'd want characters I actually know without having to look at a picture to see who your talking about. As far as the SS stuff being up to snuff, that's very debatable. :lol I don't feel like buying figures that need a repaint, body swap, re-stitching etc.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with these guys. :lol I'd want characters I actually know without having to look at a picture to see who your talking about. As far as the SS stuff being up to snuff, that's very debatable. :lol I don't feel like buying figures that need a repaint, body swap, re-stitching etc.

Totally agree. I'm getting to the point to where I just want to futz my figures and be done with it :lol DX12 Bats burned me out on modding figures :thud:

Don't listen to Dave, or any one else.

We need bad guys. Saruman, Lurtz, Wraiths, Goblins and Orcs, and Wormtongue. These are the figures we need. :exactly:

Back