ACi have LOTR licence

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No complaints on my end, but once I start conjuring up thoughts of cool Tolkien 1/6th goodness I eventually end up thinking of a few Hobbit characters.

Well, If The Lord of the Rings sells well enough then you might see The Hobbit come to life.

I'm betting they're waiting to see if this line is successful before even trying to go after a Hobbit license. Mostly because there are so many human-sized characters in the LOTR trilogy that would work scale-wise on the base body they're already making. If they wanted to do figures from The Hobbit, they'd have to go to the time and expense of engineering at least a couple of new base bodies.

Well, this is amazing news!
Sideshow's 1/6 LOTR line was (despite a couple of failings) one of their best and most beautiful. It stills pisses me off that just when Sideshow was hitting its stride (Gandalf and the hobbits), the line died.
I suppose it's inevitable that we'll get a version of Aragorn as the first figure, but hopefully we'll see Orcs and Ringwraiths soon.

My wish-list of characters we haven't seen yet would be:

- Eomer
- Saruman
- Theoden
- Gimli
- Gondor Knight
- Rohirrim
- Uruk Hai
- Moria Orc
- Elrond

And lots more!

It'd be great if ACI and Asmus could coordinate their releases a little so there isn't any overlap. Or maybe they will?

I just hope ACI focuses on armored characters first. At least for a while. That was a big hole in the Sideshow line-up, in my opinion.

We need bad guys.....stat!! I think once people see an Orc or Uruk-hai, the line will get more attention. I don't want to see characters we already have...at least for a little while.

Are peeps making their character choices in the hope of fleshing out their existing collections - even though I imagine that ACI will be bringing out a figure a few rungs up on the quality scale than sideshow? I'll go against the grain and just hope for the original fellowship and Gollum.

Are peeps making their character choices in the hope of fleshing out their existing collections - even though I imagine that ACI will be bringing out a figure a few rungs up on the quality scale than sideshow? I'll go against the grain and just hope for the original fellowship and Gollum.

Don't know how that's possible - aside from a couple of paint jobs, the SSC LotR were some of the best 1/6 we've ever seen.

Judging from the General they can produce on this level - I'm just worried that the market is too small. DiD had their's and you can pick those up for a song now. SSC couldn't make it work financially.

Given it's just HK, perhaps the license is magnitudes cheaper and thus it's a viable business model.

yea but DiD's weren't as accurate as Sideshow's and (to me any way) felt pretty cheap in quality. Gimli was on the only one worth getting IMO and even he needed some major work to be up to snuff.

If ACI can produce stuff as good if not better than SS, as well as produce more than just a handful of characters, I'm sure they could make a killing on these. I think they'd probably have to direct most if not all of their resources to this line though if they really want to make it shine IMO

Right on!! I have ZERO lotr 1/6 figures, and it'll stay that way until I see high quality ones I can display next to my favorite Hot Toys, Enterbay, and customs! But guess what? The Roman General is proudly displayed in my collection, and I wouldn't sell him for the $400+ I see him at on eBay! ACI truly has me excited!

I'm looking for Gollum and the main fellowship first!

This is pretty exciting. it does mean that we may end up with four base figures from which to mix and match for core characters (DiD, Sideshow, ACI & Asmus). The two I really want are the remaining two Hobbits - I have Snyderman's excellent sculpts but I am missing outfits.

The SSC figures are easily as good as anything HT released at the time are are miles better than most bootleg companies churning out stuff now. It would mean a new body, but ACI would be smart to start with Gimli - that's the one that I think would sell the best and compliment what's currently available.

F that noise. Come out of the gate like Blitzway with a fantastic sculpt of a human like Aragorn or Legolas. Show you can nail Viggo and Bloom's likeness. Word will spread all over the net, preorders will sell out. Halfway to release, show unpainted sculpts of Saruman, Elrond and Denethor. Keep in regular contact with your customer base, reply to Facebook comments, and do polls on who the fans would like to see in the line.

F that noise. Come out of the gate like Blitzway with a fantastic sculpt of a human like Aragorn or Legolas. Show you can nail Viggo and Bloom's likeness. Word will spread all over the net, preorders will sell out. Halfway to release, show unpainted sculpts of Saruman, Elrond and Denethor. Keep in regular contact with your customer base, reply to Facebook comments, and do polls on who the fans would like to see in the line.

^^i agree. I mean I know we all want to see characters that haven't been made (myself included-I want Saruman, Lurtz and Gimli) but proving that they can capture Viggo's likeness would really do well for them. Viggo is one tough dude to capture and I think if you can show you can pull his likeness out, you'll instantly have customer faith

a lot of people probably will skip gimli.. most of us who REALLY couldn't live without him just did our amazing customs. So unless they do a gimli that just blows me away, i'd probably skip it at least. I'd like to see some focus on figures we never had a chance to really do customs of. Not saying they shouldn't do gimli, i just don't think he needs to be one of the first ones.

Back