Absolute DC Books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I finally got the Absolute Dark Knight that I won last month. However, I left negative feedback with the seller because it was torn up beyond all belief. The description was listed as "Pristine" condition with minor shelf wear. But when it arrived the slipcover was literally falling apart and the book itself has some major dings and what not to it. Not nearly what I would describe as pristine. The seller put it in a regular mailing envelope with no extra padding whatsoever so I'm sure it was destroyed on the way from Canada. The seller told me that I should've paid the extra money for insurance, but I told him I would've if I knew he didn't have enough common sense to at least wrap it with some bubble wrap first. What do you guys think??

I hate it when sellers do that! A few times I've bought books described as "new" only to have them arrive in just an envelope. Some people have no common sense.

Just file a PayPal claim saying it didn't arrive as described. I don't think they'll side with the seller.

I hate it when sellers do that! A few times I've bought books described as "new" only to have them arrive in just an envelope. Some people have no common sense.

Just file a PayPal claim saying it didn't arrive as described. I don't think they'll side with the seller.

Me too. This is why I've stopped using ebay so much. I left negative feedback with him on ebay and he replied that I should've paid for insurance and that he is not responsible for what happened in transit. I replied to that by saying that insurance doesn't cover common sense and that he didn't inform me that he wasn't going to put the book in a box without any kind of protection. I also filed a dispute with Paypal for a full refund minus shipping.

The book is fine and perfectly readable, but I purchased it because it was supposed to be in great condition and I would've just paid full price for something new instead of this.

So nobody knows anything about the Ross/Dini book?

I remember flipping through it at a bookstore once and didn't find the coloring to be "off".Also,I have Absolute Justice pre-ordered and judging by Absolute Kingdom Come,I think we'll be alright.

Thanks. That's good to know. I can never tell whether a ^^^^^y amazon.com reviewer is just being a ^^^^^y amazon.com reviewer, or if they have something legitimate to say. Particularly when it comes to comic books. The tone of the review is usually a dead giveaway, but I would hate to assume.

The book is fine and perfectly readable, but I purchased it because it was supposed to be in great condition and I would've just paid full price for something new instead of this.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I rarely order anything from ebay or even online stores that's made of carboard/fragile materials. I'm pretty anal, so I'm always afraid of ordering books or DVD's with paper cases in fear that they'll be all beaten and dinged up. Sure, you save a little bit of cash when compared to a brick and mortar store, but I just don't want to deal with the banged-up-in-transit wild card.

^^^ That's how I feel and ebay is getting worse and worse everyday. I did get my money back minus the shipping. From now on I'm sticking with my LCS (who gives 25% on TPB everyday) or Amazon.

Can anyone tell me exactly whats in the Absolute Batman Long Halloween? Its always interested me as its probably my fav batman book but obviously its pretty expensive. But i could never find anywhere with info on what extra content exactly is in it.
Any help?
Thanks,
Russ

I own the the Absolutes of Long Halloween, KingdomCome, Hush and have Justice P.O. didn't get Dark knight returns because i heard it contains the Dark knight Strikes again...which was just AWFUL so thats why i passed on it.

I was gonna get for tomorrow but i re-read the issues i had got when it was released and the story isn't very good so i passed on that too, but the art is good if you like Jim Lee.

I'm at work now but will take a look at the extra content for halloween and let you know whats in it.

Finally was able to get the New Frontier w/ the 2nd printing. It blows the cartoon away!

Though not a true Absolute, I highly recommend the Ross/Dini "The World's Greatest Super-Heroes" book. (It's about the same size.) The 5 oversized digest versions they originally came in are ok, but really almost too big to display, so I picked this to fit it on my bookshelf. In a lot of ways, this is kinda like a prequel to "Justice" with all the character origins, & real world story scenarios, etc. Go get yourself a copy on Amazon before they get even harder to find.

Absolute Justice will be a must purchase this fall.

Also, I don't know what it is, but I love Elsewhere stories. (Probably because I don't follow the regular comic story-lines anymore.) If you haven't read it yet, and again, it's not an absolute book, but I'd also recommend picking up "Superman: Red Son" (Deluxe Edition HC) when that comes out in Nov. It's just a great historical twist on the 20th century that I think you New Frontier fans would really get a kick out of.

Absolute Justice will be a must purchase this fall.

Also, I don't know what it is, but I love Elsewhere stories. (Probably because I don't follow the regular comic story-lines anymore.) If you haven't read it yet, and again, it's not an absolute book, but I'd also recommend picking up "Superman: Red Son" (Deluxe Edition HC) when that comes out in Nov. It's just a great historical twist on the 20th century that I think you New Frontier fans would really get a kick out of.

Oh yeah!!! I have both on order and can't wait to get them. I haven't read Red Son yet, but I do love me some Elseworlds stories.

is there a list of all absolutes thus far?
Here you go man:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics_Absolute_Edition

I own the the Absolutes of Long Halloween, KingdomCome, Hush and have Justice P.O. didn't get Dark knight returns because i heard it contains the Dark knight Strikes again...which was just AWFUL so thats why i passed on it.

I was gonna get for tomorrow but i re-read the issues i had got when it was released and the story isn't very good so i passed on that too, but the art is good if you like Jim Lee.

I'm at work now but will take a look at the extra content for halloween and let you know whats in it.

Awesome, thanks dude. Much appreciated.

Heads up fellas, Borders is once again having their 40% off any one book sale!

Here's the instore coupon code #159044340000000000 and here's the borders.com code BSA1671X

If you're using the instore code just write it down and show it to them, you don't even need an actual coupon. You'll also need to get their free borders card for the coupon to work. If you don't have one just go in and as for one. Coupon is good till monday. I just picked this up for 32$ - MSRP 50$ :rock

900627press01001.jpg

900627press06001.jpg

Absolute Justice is beautiful. Though I had to carefully open each page as there was a giant glue glob on the top of the book that was keeping the pages stuck together. But it rubbed off ok.

And again, I highly recommend getting the HC of Red Son as well. No new materially really, but it turned out nice as well.

Though I had to carefully open each page as there was a giant glue glob on the top of the book that was keeping the pages stuck together. But it rubbed off ok.

A Friend of mine had something similar happen awhile back.He picked up Absolute Watchmen(The 1st printing),He thought his book was jammed into the slipcase,but they actually glued it in,and when he tried to pull it out,the slipcase broke in half.Also,I'm picking up Justice just in time for Christmas.I'm also hoping to pick up Absolute Green Lantern:Rebirth,and I really want them to make Absolute All-Star Superman.It won all kinds of awards and accolades(and still is, 2 years after the original release)It's only 12 issues,and I think it'd be a huge seller,anybody with me?

Back