Absolute DC Books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy of Justice also had two pages glued together. But they separated with minimal issues.

Very happy to see that Absolute Planetary Vol. 1 is being reprinted next summer!!!

https://www.dccomics.com/wildstorm/graphic_novels/?gn=2469

Missed that one and I'll be one step closer to a complete set.

Anybody want to sell me Absolute Authority?

ME too! Me too! I'd really like to have Authority all collected together.

They've been churning out these books - I got Death, Promethea and Justice all within the last month. Just flipped through them so far, but Promethea really, really benefits from the large format.

I had that glue problem with V for Vendetta. A lot of the pages were stuck at the top, but they separated with no damage.

I had that glue problem with V for Vendetta. A lot of the pages were stuck at the top, but they separated with no damage.

Same with my V for Vendetta book. I had to carefully tug the pages, but luckily no damage came from this and all is well.

~~I went to my LCS black friday sale and bought Absolute Justice for $45.

I had to ressurrect this thread because it's good!

I collect Absolute edtions myself.

My list is as follows.

Batman: Hush
Crisis On Infinite Worlds
Wacthmen
Kingdom Come
Sandman vol 2
Worlds Greatest Superheroes

My want list
V
Sandman vol 1,3 and 4
Ronin
Justice
Green Lantern
Superman: For Tomorrow

I sold off
Batman: Long Halloween
I don't realy like Tim Sale's art, I only bought it because people told me it had a good story. I think it was okay, still not what I like so I sold it.

I like Alex Ross's art but Dini's story in the Worlds greatest Super Heroes
is not good, the story is way too moral, so if I can unload it, this will be my 2nd absolute I will be selling from my collection, if not, I can always keep it for the artwork.

I love the Absolute books. I have:

Sandman I, II, III, IV
New Frontier
Kingdome Come

Really want to find an inexpensive copy of Hush. And I may pick up the All Star Superman too. Great concept and well executed.

Yeah, DC's Absolute editions are the best hardcover comic books out there. I love'em! Just picked up Planetary Volumes 1 and 2 in July and I can honestly say I'm going to have to buy a new bookshelf for these Absolutes just so I can display them.

There's 2 that I need to pick up: Green Lantern: Rebirth and Superman: For Tomorrow. I can't seem to find them for under $40 anywhere and I don't feel there's enough content in the books to justify those prices.

There's 2 that I need to pick up: Green Lantern: Rebirth and Superman: For Tomorrow. I can't seem to find them for under $40 anywhere and I don't feel there's enough content in the books to justify those prices.

Big Bad Toy Store is having a sale, 35% off graphic novels until tomorrow. I don't know if those specific books were there, but I did notice several Absolute DC books for under $40.

Can anybody who owns the Absolute Superman: For Tomorrow tell me the difference between these two:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Superman-Tomorrow-Brian-Azzarello/dp/140122198X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340660821&sr=8-1&keywords=140122198X"]140122198X[/ame]

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Superman-For-Tomorrow-Slipcase/dp/184856211X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340660831&sr=8-1&keywords=184856211X"]184856211X[/ame]

Need to buy it for someone and was wondering if there is any significant difference between them?

Can anybody who owns the Absolute Superman: For Tomorrow tell me the difference between these two:

140122198X

184856211X

Need to buy it for someone and was wondering if there is any significant difference between them?

There is no difference.
The second one is an older and/or discontinued link. You can't actually buy from that 2nd link.

In the formats box, if you click on the Amazon hardcover at $55 it takes you across to the 1st link.

Back