A Savage Opress PF Please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is and I stand by this as much as I do anything in this niche we all are among is that the OT has as many issues as the PT. The thing is most folks here hold them in such reverence that they simply cannot admit this.

For me, all the things i see as issues in the OT have to do with the limited technology they were working with at the time. So i don't think it would be fair for me to judge based on today's special effect standards.

For example i would like to have seen more epic space battles in the OT. But its a lot easier to cut and paste a computer animated ship today than it was to physically build every model you need to see in one shot.

Even still, they did make some attempt to fix the special effects by re-releasing the first three movies, but i think ultimately that did more harm than good. Like i said, the genius is gone. Whatever that was.

My issues and where I say that from are that the acting is the same in both and the writing is the same basically in both. Plus several of the same types of loopholes. Thats just me though.

My issues and where I say that from are that the acting is the same in both and the writing is the same basically in both. Plus several of the same types of loopholes. Thats just me though.

I agree with that. The writing and acting in both movies are basically the same and i don't have a problem with either. :1-1:

You guys referring to going to comic-con?

The "magic" died with the introduction of "midichlorians"...

I could have stomached Jar-Jar, the "Yippees!" and the "...no, I love YOU more..." parts but the midichlorians were a dagger in the Star Wars mythos heart. From magic to infection, the Force went.

I actually prefer The Clone Wars series to the PT.

And returning to this "Savage Opress", I think it was already mentioned that it's simply a uber Maul. I think Lucas realized he may have made a mistake in killing him off too soon.

I agree with that. The writing and acting in both movies are basically the same and i don't have a problem with either. :1-1:

You guys referring to going to comic-con?

I don't have a problem with it either. Its all a part of why I love SW.

Yeah, good ole Comic-Con. :rock

Come on, really? :slap Agree to disagree.

Not only really but really 1,000,000x over. Cool. Agree to disagree.

The writing is the same? Empire has the same level of writing as the Phantom Menace? For reals?

I thought the general storyline was well written. How Senator Palpatine manipulated Queen Amidala into turning on Chancellor Valorum and ultimately putting himself in power was clever.

However I could have done without Jar Jar or the Gungans in general like most everyone else, but i don't think their character flaws are a grievous enough sin to write off the whole movie.

Besides, without TPM there would be no Darth Maul. :maul

I like Ahsoka as a charcter and ultimatly that's all that matters to me. :D

Why not? Her character has turned out to be pretty cool. Not the greatest character ever by any stretch but watching all of season 1 and 2 a couple weeks back really made me appreciate the character. Some of us are open minded to things outside the OT Carl. Not everyone is anti PT or EU.

Hannah Montana? I didn't know Ahsoka sings in TCW? :lol
But as The Josh said she got from being a useless and anoying side caracter to a caracter with a story and became in my eyes one of the better new caracters made for TCW. I like her as a caracter but I would be against putting her in ROTS (even if she is just a background caracter). I hope they find a good way to lose her before ROTS begins in the SW timeline.

I agree with Josh and Darth Mitchell about Ahsoka being a good character for TCW series.

I also agree with DM about the writers needing to do something with her before the ROTS timeline begins.

After hearing about Ahsoka's change of character (I heard she wasn't as annoying anymore, in addition to the outfit change and extra lightsaber) I was considering trying to watch the CW again.

Then I saw what Savage Opress actually looked like. :slap

Sorry, I like most of the PT, and a lot of EU stuff, but as always I just can't stomach the Clone Wars series. I feel it either lacks the feeling of complexity I'd like to see, or just lacks downright creativity/originality. Of course, I'm sure most people on this forum have heard me say that already... :lol

Anyway, I'd hate to see Opress in either PF or 1/6 form. There's a lot of other characters that need to be done first, IMO.

Last edited:
I also agree with DM about the writers needing to do something with her before the ROTS timeline begins.

Thanks :D I hope they don't go the easy way and just kill her in a duel with Ventress, Grievous or Dooku. She survived a lot of battle's with them so to kill her after the 5314613th duel with one of those three seems to easy to me.

As a reply to people saying they hate Opress... I have more hate feelings for Ventress. I just hate her as a caracter. Although I liked the witch episodes... Maybe I just hate her because she was everywhere and never won or something. Which get's me thinking why would you still use her if she always loses... :monkey1

I posted this in another thread before but since we are on the same subject, here is a page i found on possible outcomes for Ahsoka if interested.

https://scifi.about.com/od/starwarstelevision/a/CLON_ahsokas-fate.htm

Good article and very interesting, IMO.

I do like the one scenario the author mentions...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks for posting the link! :duff

Good article and very interesting, IMO.

I do like the one scenario the author mentions...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks for posting the link! :duff

Not a problem. I think that outcome would work the best also. But all we can do is wait and see i guess. :)

:lsvader

Spoiler Spoiler:

I do like the idea. But in my opinion Sidious should have to change a line in ROTS:
"Every single Jedi, including your friend Obi-Wan Kenobi and your (former) padawan Ahsoka, are now an enemy of the republic" :emperor

Back