A Savage Opress PF Please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't help it...she's one of the hotter female jedi next to Aayla Secura :D

Still prefer the younger version :)
ahsoka_660.jpg

Yes of course a PF should be made with her younger look and new outfit, which is just much much better than the old one; and that pic is a good pose for the PF along with this, I like her facial expression more in this pic!

AhsokaCoA-SWI123.jpg

I like both pics of Ahsoka but this pic is the better of the two, IMO, because of the expression she has. :D

Catching up on Clone Wars, I don't think that Savage is a strong or cool enough character to warrant a $300+ collectible. Maybe a maquette though.

I can't believe so many of you guys have fallen for Hannah Montana In Space.

Why not? Her character has turned out to be pretty cool. Not the greatest character ever by any stretch but watching all of season 1 and 2 a couple weeks back really made me appreciate the character. Some of us are open minded to things outside the OT Carl. Not everyone is anti PT or EU.

I can't believe so many of you guys have fallen for Hannah Montana In Space.

Hannah Montana? I didn't know Ahsoka sings in TCW? :lol
But as The Josh said she got from being a useless and anoying side caracter to a caracter with a story and became in my eyes one of the better new caracters made for TCW. I like her as a caracter but I would be against putting her in ROTS (even if she is just a background caracter). I hope they find a good way to lose her before ROTS begins in the SW timeline.

To me, this sums up Ahsoka...

scrappy-doo.jpg

And Carl is right, she is nothing more than a marketing ploy. She adds nothing, and only makes Anakin, Obi-Wan, and the clones look like inept idiots. Like a crappier version of Wesley Crusher.

Absolutely 100% a marketing ploy. That character would never even exist... wouldn't even have been thought of... if it weren't for Lucasfilm wanting to garner the young and pre-teen girl market. Hence, "Hannah Montana In Space".

Thing is... the ploy has worked. Big time. Not only have a lot of young girls gotten into SW because of her and the show (a demographic that the franchise never really cornered before) but now you have longtime fans... grown men, even... taking a liking to the character.

+100 business points to Lucas. Still a minus on the creative points, though. :lol

Last edited:
Absolutely 100% a marketing ploy. That character would never even exist... wouldn't even have been thought of... if it weren't for Lucasfilm wanting to garner the young and pre-teen girl market. Hence, "Hannah Montana In Space".

Thing is... the ploy has worked. Big time. Not only have a lot of young girls gotten into SW because of her and the show (a demographic that the franchise never really cornered before) but now you have longtime fans... grown men, even... taking a liking to the character.

:lol

ChrisHansenUSE011411.jpg

+100 business points to Lucas. Still a minus on the creative points, though. :lol

Well TCW is allways better than The Holiday Special :monkey3

I openly admit to being closed-minded against things that are lame and obviously contrived. :lol

Lame for you but god love ya Carl I knew you where a bit close minded to start. Thats why I can always guess your reaction to anything thats no the rose colored OT. :lol

It may be a marketing ploys but its smart as SW needs all the markets to stay at a high level as things go forward. Plus the thing is they turned at least what was an annoying character in the CW movie into one that I have learned to like.

------------

I do find it a bit funny how many OT fans get such an uproar that people actually like the PT, EU (not all of it cause some isn't good), and the CW. Like they're some second class fan or such because of how an OT fan hold onto those three movies. Well, I can say for myself personally while the OT helped light the fire it was honestly the PT that really pushed me as a SW fan as it has many of my former students who are SW fans.

Though it may be dumbed down to appeal to a younger audience TCW is still better than 90% of the S--t on TV these days. That's an opinion i realize, however, turn on The "Learning" Channel (TLC) or Bravo for 15 minutes and you will see I'm not far off base. You would probably be better off sticking your head in the microwave for 15 minutes.

To me it doesn't matter where Ahsoka came from or what Lucas' intentions were in her creation. She has evolved into an important part of the series anyway.

I think the genius of Episode IV - VI is long gone, and that fact is illustrated painfully well in the prequel trilogy. I like the PT movies and TCW series, but I take them both for what they are and leave the OT expectations at the door. I just need my Star Wars fix and I'm open to whatever form that may come in. If some of you OT guys let your guard down a little you might be surprised how much you enjoy the EU.

The thing is and I stand by this as much as I do anything in this niche we all are among is that the OT has as many issues as the PT. The thing is most folks here hold them in such reverence that they simply cannot admit this.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all that you (or anyone) likes the CW, PT, EU, etc. To be fair, there are elements of each of those that I like as well (though few and far between). I just think the majority is unremarkable at best, and crap at worst. But if you like it and get enjoyment out of it, all power to ya. Just because I think something like Ashoka reeks of cynical marketing at its most dumbed-down (not to mention introducing obvious character trait loop-holes for Anakin and others post-CW) doesn't mean I think any less of anyone who looks past that and digs the character. Just not my bag. At all.

Same with Uber Darth Maul (aka Savage Opress).

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all that you (or anyone) likes the CW, PT, EU, etc. To be fair, there are elements of each of those that I like as well (though few and far between). I just think the majority is unremarkable at best, and crap at worst. But if you like it and get enjoyment out of it, all power to ya. Just because I think something like Ashoka reeks of cynical marketing at its most dumbed-down (not to mention introducing obvious character trait loop-holes for Anakin and others post-CW) doesn't mean I think any less of anyone who looks past that and digs the character. Just not my bag. At all.

Same with Uber Darth Maul (aka Savage Opress).

Fair enough. :duff

Back