A New Hope Han!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought 'greed was good'?

Seriously though, it's true. Corporate greed. The beasts have gotten too big.

I hope you don't mean to include Sideshow in that catagory. Because I was just thinking about all the stuff they have given away during the year (and last couple months especialy)... I wouldn't call that greed at all.

Sorry to derail the economic dissertation but I just wanted to chime in about the exclusive blaster. :)

I really like it. I had *no* idea that his cantina blaster was different but the black one is definitely my preference. Partly because the camera focused on it so heavily and also because of the old Kenner gun I had as a kid.

Cantina all the way!

squirtgun1.jpg

:rock

I hope you don't mean to include Sideshow in that catagory. Because I was just thinking about all the stuff they have given away during the year (and last couple months especialy)... I wouldn't call that greed at all.

Let's not kid ourselves. All corporations are out to make money, and while Sideshow is very good to its customers, it's also true that the giveaways are a form of promotion and are a good customer relations strategy. (And the giveaways are usually things that aren't selling anyway.) Don't get me wrong -- it's a VERY cool thing to do, and a lot of other companies could learn from the way they run their company, but they're not doing these things just to be charitable.

Amazing how $10 more on a figure holds it back. 3.5 hours to sell out is shocking. I figured this would take 10 minutes.

I am extremely happy with what we are getting. This is now making me nervous. If it takes Han this long to sell out, will a Lando do much better? No. Will a ANH Luke? Not sure.

I want Vader now, darn it - in case this line dies. Sideshow needs to re-entergize this line - where's our Jabba for this year? We need something spectacular to get people pumped again!

Amazing how $10 more on a figure holds it back. 3.5 hours to sell out is shocking. I figured this would take 10 minutes.

I am extremely happy with what we are getting. This is now making me nervous. If it takes Han this long to sell out, will a Lando do much better? No. Will a ANH Luke? Not sure.

I want Vader now, darn it - in case this line dies. Sideshow needs to re-entergize this line - where's our Jabba for this year? We need something spectacular to get people pumped again!

The Jabba was the Speeder Bike PF. Next year the Jabba will probably be Vader and his troops.

Let's not kid ourselves. All corporations are out to make money, and while Sideshow is very good to its customers, it's also true that the giveaways are a form of promotion and are a good customer relations strategy. (And the giveaways are usually things that aren't selling anyway.) Don't get me wrong -- it's a VERY cool thing to do, and a lot of other companies could learn from the way they run their company, but they're not doing these things just to be charitable.

absolutely.......a few items i have won made me want to get into a line that i wouldnt have otherwise until i had the product in hand. and even though the christmas ornament wasnt free (except i used sideshow points to get one...so it was for me) made me take a look at the dead line, make a custom and now ive ordered the tac ops zombie :rock and has me wanting to pursue the rest. marketing at its finest. combine all this with excellent cs and you never realize that your hooked.:D

The Jabba was the Speeder Bike PF. Next year the Jabba will probably be Vader and his troops.

True enough. I would love the Speeder Biker - just not $900 love -

I would pay:

$150 for a Chewie
$150 for Vader

Sideshow - let's get to it!!!! Humans aint selling without the cool creatures. If people had Chewie, they would then want Han to go with him!

True enough. I would love the Speeder Biker - just not $900 love -

I would pay:

$150 for a Chewie
$150 for Vader

Sideshow - let's get to it!!!! Humans aint selling without the cool creatures. If people had Chewie, they would then want Han to go with him!

I REALLY don't think we will ever see Chewbacca, barring a miracle. SS has already said they want him as real fur or not at all. Now the custom Chewies look good but they are kinda bulky and you can bet they would NEVER pass LFL. So unless there is some kind of super synthetic that is thin enough, lays right and can be mass produced, don't think we are seeing Chewie. Now Vader, smart money says SDCC 08 :vader

I hope they change the material used for the shirt. What they have is fuzzy.

These prices are getting carried away. When the line started it was $49.99, then $54, then $59, and now $65. If they go up any more you wont have any trouble getting an exclusive.

These prices are getting carried away. When the line started it was $49.99, then $54, then $59, and now $65. If they go up any more you wont have any trouble getting an exclusive.

There was already no trouble at $65. You have over three hours to think about it! I would like to think it took 1977 fans' 3.5 hours to get this item, rather than 60% scalpers, 40% fans' 10 minutes to sell it out

sideshow SW figures have not been scalpable since jedi luke....

so factoring scalpers into the equation is useless imo.

sideshow SW figures have not been scalpable since jedi luke....

so factoring scalpers into the equation is useless imo.

The fact remains that sellouts have been much faster before. So it must be that scalpers are so stupid it took the $65 price tag for them to finally realize that trying to scalp SW 12" wasn't a good idea.

I do wonder where we are heading as a nation.

If you think the price of oil is the reason of the increase in Sideshow Star Wars figures, then perhaps you should watch more of the X-Files. I am sure it is a bit of the price increase, but not a significant amount. Inflation is currently at 4.23%. Which is a lot lower than the price increase on Star Wars.

Brad

what's with the dispair of the US economy because SS increased their price....our economy is cyclical like every economy in the world. some people sound like they hang out part time on the street corner with the cardboard sign that says the end of the world is coming. as long as I have a job and can pay my bils, etc. I'm happy.

Back