A New Hope Han!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's with the dispair of the US economy because SS increased their price....our economy is cyclical like every economy in the world. some people sound like they hang out part time on the street corner with the cardboard sign that says the end of the world is coming.

I agree with you. I was just making a point that the price increase is not related to oil. It probably has more to do with Sideshow having to eat some of the cost of replacing product.

I REALLY don't think we will ever see Chewbacca, barring a miracle. SS has already said they want him as real fur or not at all. Now the custom Chewies look good but they are kinda bulky and you can bet they would NEVER pass LFL. So unless there is some kind of super synthetic that is thin enough, lays right and can be mass produced, don't think we are seeing Chewie. Now Vader, smart money says SDCC 08 :vader

i hope some more customs real fur chewies show up on ebay. i want a real fur chewbacca.

I agree with you. I was just making a point that the price increase is not related to oil. It probably has more to do with Sideshow having to eat some of the cost of replacing product.

oh i know, it was some of the other comments about wondering where the economy is going, etc.

i hope some more customs real fur chewies show up on ebay. i want a real fur chewbacca.

I'd be game if they weren't so bulk. Chewie has thin arms for a wookie, but most of the real fur Chewies don't really convey that. Also the fur isn't the texture Id like to see. I've been tempted to track down the vintage plushes and skin them.

Isn't there a seperate thread for discussions about the economy and raising oil prices :lol Anyway, If I remember correctly when Sideshow first got the license the price range for 1/6 figures would be $50 to $75? Still haven't had a $75 figure... but my guess is that will probably change at bit (with good reason) as we move into armored characters.

So is there only going to be one Han?? Or is there a difference between the 3 films besides age?

do you think they'll make other Han's?

Really all you need is a trenchcoat now and we can make Endor Han. Base shirt and pants from Bespin Han, vest from smuggler Han and SNAP.

So is there only going to be one Han?? Or is there a difference between the 3 films besides age?

do you think they'll make other Han's?

You do know they released a Bespin version?

2107_press10-001.jpg

If you think the price of oil is the reason of the increase in Sideshow Star Wars figures, then perhaps you should watch more of the X-Files. I am sure it is a bit of the price increase, but not a significant amount. Inflation is currently at 4.23%. Which is a lot lower than the price increase on Star Wars.

Brad

I never made a comment about the price of oil. I just replied about the economy in general. I'm pretty aware of the current inflation rate. I have also had the "pleasure" of living in a third world country and have no intention of doing so again. I love America and wish it to remain a economic powerhouse for years to come. I would hate for the US to watch from the wings as other countries emerge as world powers and we slip behind. In regards to the X-Files, never watched the show.

Now back to Han, the price is what it is, it sold out anyway.

EP5 Luke looked different in the protos than the final product (better)If it's the same for SS Han were in for a treat.

Bespin Han does look like Han in ESB. He might be a tad chubby but when you look at him its very obvious who he is.

I would be much more excited for this figure at the current price if he was on a new body with attractive wrist joints and pleather boots.

ESB Han is another much maligned figure, but I really think he's quite good. Doesn't photograph real well... the skin tone is too even. But in person he's actually a great figure, at least IMO that is.

Back