A New Hope Han!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Maulfan may have the answer. An SDCC exclusive Death Star Han is the only reason I can think of that makes sense for why they wouldn't include the belt and blaster.

Yeah, I agree. I think this version of Han could have an exclusive come July.

But would you buy it?

Josh, you were on the fence about this Han because you already have Bespin. Are you going to buy another Tatooine Han just for the belt and blaster?

But would you buy it?

Josh, you were on the fence about this Han because you already have Bespin. Are you going to buy another Tatooine Han just for the belt and blaster?

I would.

The reason I'm on the fence when it comes to Han is cause he just isn't one of my most faves. I'll get this and any others cause I want the entire line. It just won't be ranking real high on my list of MUST haves. (If that makes sense)

Yeah, I agree. I think this version of Han could have an exclusive come July.

Don't encourage them. Adding two accessories like a belt and blaster is a very, very weak exclusive and a smack in the face of collectors IMO. Why should we have to buy another version of the same figure, minus the first exclusive accessory, with two new exclusive accessories? Sideshow is above that.

Plus where is the Falcon headset? I smell expansion/accessory pack.

Don't encourage them. Adding two accessories like a belt and blaster is a very, very weak exclusive and a smack in the face of collectors IMO. Why should we have to buy another version of the same figure, minus the first exclusive accessory, with two new exclusive accessories? Sideshow is above that.

A smack in the face? :rotfl It would be a SDCC Ex which would make it an item if you don't want you don't have to buy. That would be the point of adding two items that you don't HAVE 2 HAVE. :confused:

It's too bad about the stormtrooper blaster. I wish Sideshow wouldn't be so frugal with accessories when BBI, Dragon, and 21st Century sell 3x the amount of plastic for half the price.

Plus where is the Falcon headset? I smell expansion/accessory pack.

While I can understand some would feel the ST blaster and belt should be standard accessories, Con figures are meant to be something unique to say you were there or part of the online experience, but at the same time something that's not so big a deal that those unable to attend or get one of the limited non-attendee pieces won't be upset over the matter. It's possible that an SDCC Han would be the only way for some people to get this version of Han.

I don't see a Han in ST belt as an exclusive either. It's just not enough.

And that brings up the question of Luke Tatooine... will he come with a blaster, and if not, how could they make him an SDCC exclusive with ST belt as well? If you have Han in that minimal outfit change, then surely you need Luke as well. Figures like that, with minimal changes, will just get a lot of people's ire up, regardless of whether they don't have to buy it or not. The simple fact is, SS wants you to buy it. And a DS Han just isn't so great.

Now, even though it's just a shirt change, Han in Ceremonial gear is more likely, as Luke needs someone to walk the aisle with. :lol

I didn't get Yavin Luke, so I don't need Yavin Han either. Thank god.

I still think that would be a terrible SDCC exclusive. Would they do the same thing with Farmboy Luke? Or what about make RotJ Han and have his endor jacket only for the SDCC exclusive version? Doesn't make sense.

I could see an expansion pack with Falcon headsets, stormtrooper blasters, and belts. But using those for a SDCC exclusive is too much. Good con exclusives are like this year's Holo Sidious. Unique items that won't make or break a collection.

However, full Stormtrooper outfitted Han and Luke would make a good SDCC exclusive 2 pack.

I don't see a Han in ST belt as an exclusive either. It's just not enough.

And that brings up the question of Luke Tatooine... will he come with a blaster, and if not, how could they make him an SDCC exclusive with ST belt as well? If you have Han in that minimal outfit change, then surely you need Luke as well. Figures like that, with minimal changes, will just get a lot of people's ire up, regardless of whether they don't have to buy it or not. The simple fact is, SS wants you to buy it. And a DS Han just isn't so great.

Now, even though it's just a shirt change, Han in Ceremonial gear is more likely, as Luke needs someone to walk the aisle with. :lol

I didn't get Yavin Luke, so I don't need Yavin Han either. Thank god.

:lecture I'm with you 100% Wor-Gar!

You may have just hit on something. Tatooine smuggler represents Han from the first half of ANH. Perhaps this proposed SDCC exclusive could represent him from the second half, stormtrooper belt/blaster and ceremonial gear. That seems like a worthwhile double dip.

Seems a bit weak of a case for Luke though, other than the Vader reveal head, there's nothing he doesn't already come with that's key for the figure.

I disagree. There's a lot I would like with a Dagobah Luke.

1) X-wing flight suit
2) Cannisters and food tray with hot dog
3) Flashlight Yoda plays with
4) Backpack he carries Yoda in during Training
5) Floating rocks
6) Soup he tastes at Yoda's house

The list goes on... :D

I disagree. There's a lot I would like with a Dagobah Luke.

1) X-wing flight suit
2) Cannisters and food tray with hot dog
3) Flashlight Yoda plays with
4) Backpack he carries Yoda in during Training
5) Floating rocks
6) Soup he tastes at Yoda's house

The list goes on... :D

To me, those mean nothing to the overall film for the few seconds you see them, but the ST gear is with Han for a good portion of the film and part of some classic ANH Han moments.

X-Wing gear will definitely be a figure unto itself.

The thing about the SDCC Ex is they're meant to be just little differences or something like last years. Sith Anakin was no real difference in the figure except the eyes. So adding a belt and blaster would make sense.

When I was a young child, the camping sequence with Yoda was one of the most memorable and comical scenes, so those accessories would be very desirable to me.

As much as I'd like as many items as possible, I thinks it's unrealistic to have a figure with absolutely everything he wore or held or touched.

I don't want this Han Tatooine to come with everything Solo had in ANH... no ST belt, or Ceremonial shirt, or headset, or coin...

I just want what was on the listing... a Stormtrooper blaster.

I had always assumed that to be part of this figure anyway, since he used it more than his own pistol (let alone 2 pistols).

Anyway, tirade aside, I still think this figure rocks!!!! It's gonna be one of my favs, I know it.

I agree Wor Gor that it's not realistic. That's why I would be interested in accessory packs. :)

Back