A L I E N THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. :D

Yeah it's the Aoshima Alien kit.
They made two versions to each alien I believe. This one happened to come with Jonesy, and a facehugger. :rock

I love the fact that I got it to pose in the classic "ball pose", and the paint app. ain't too bad either. So, now that the drool has solidified...it won't be again. :D

I wonder when Hot Toys is going to make their own ALIEN Alien. It's my favorite design from all the films.

Wow, there are some freakin incredible images there.
thanks for the link.

This has been a figure I've always wanted but never get around to buying. They have such a great nostalgia feel and of course the great backstory of being pulled from the shelves :rock

Mine was given away by my parents when I went off to college. I even had the box for it. :monkey2

who knew?..........ive seen the original with & without box fetch some serious bucks on the bay. the whole story of him being too frightening for children (making it fairly rare) from a marketing standpoint always makes me laugh, i couldnt wait to get him. mine is pretty close to mint because he wasnt played with much, .....but the box?......well, thats long gone as hell........i ripped him open and tossed that sucker :monkey2

who knew?..........ive seen the original with & without box fetch some serious bucks on the bay. the whole story of him being too frightening for children (making it fairly rare) from a marketing standpoint always makes me laugh, i couldnt wait to get him. mine is pretty close to mint because he wasnt played with much, .....but the box?......well, thats long gone as hell........i ripped him open and tossed that sucker :monkey2

It's funny how the kids in that commercial didn't seem to mind! "Another triumph for Alien!" :lol

I always think it's a little strange when they come out with toys from movies that young children probably shouldn't be watching in the first place.

Yeah, even today with movies like The Dark Knight. I know it won't be rated R, but it's still not for young kids who will want the Mattel figures.

just thought I would let you guys know I met a guy on a local outside market yesterday who said he worked on the original set of alien !.
He was selling a few old alien toys but thats about it. I had my suspicions about him but if he was telling the truth I was pretty impressed and it was quite cool to meet him. He mentioned that ripley could be quite grumpy now and then. :lol
Eh , with millions and such a fan base how can you be grumpy !.
Some are never pleased , buy you still rock my world ripley !. :rock
You can be grumpy with me any day. :rotfl

I always think it's a little strange when they come out with toys from movies that young children probably shouldn't be watching in the first place.

well thats capitalism at its finest...........the almighty dollar seems to know no bounds. :rolleyes:

still have mine.......could never part with it.......it cost me a whole 14 bucks :chew

Damn barryo! That's a nice pic!
Seeing the size of that thing makes shudder with dread anticipation at the actual size of the NECA alien, it's supposed to be around 21"-22" tall!

BTW, could you post more pics of your Kenner Alien?
I've always wanted to see more good pics of it. Somehow the ones on the net aren't so hot...

Thanks anyway!

Damn barryo! That's a nice pic!
Seeing the size of that thing makes shudder with dread anticipation at the actual size of the NECA alien, it's supposed to be around 21"-22" tall!

BTW, could you post more pics of your Kenner Alien?
I've always wanted to see more good pics of it. Somehow the ones on the net aren't so hot...

Thanks anyway!

sure thing. i cant wait for the neca version myself. i hope its as nice as some of the pics ive seen.

Last edited:
Maybe I should ask this in the thread for the NECA figure, but I thought it was supposed to be 18" tall. Or is it just 18" scale, which might make it taller than 18"?

Maybe I should ask this in the thread for the NECA figure, but I thought it was supposed to be 18" tall. Or is it just 18" scale, which might make it taller than 18"?

i thought that it was 18" as well. :confused:

I hope I'm not spoiling any surprises (but it's been mentioned in other boards as well, so I guess it's ok)... the final production piece came out larger than expected and it will measure at around 21".

Back