A L I E N THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I didn't know there was a 4th film, wait is Winona Ryder in it?

Ah, I didn't know there was a 4th film, wait is Winona Ryder in it?

Yes. Here's a quick breakdown.

ALIEN
A worker ship with a crew of a half dozen is sent to investigate an alien signal from planet LV-426; the crew finds a derelict ship full of alien eggs, one crew member attacked and impregnated with an alien which later hatches from within him and escapes. The crew is killed one by one until Ripley is left and destroys the alien and escapes.

ALIENS
After the Wayland Yutani corporation rescues Ripley from her space travel, they dispatch a group of colonists on LV-426 to investigate the craft described by Ripley. After discovering the craft, the xenomorph alien species begins in infest the LV-426 colony; upon losing communication with the colony, coloniel marines are dispatched along with Ripley to investigate the matter; war breaks out between marines and aliens leading to a final showdown between Ripley and the alien queen.

ALIEN 3
After escaping LV-426, Ripley's space vessel encounters mechanical failure after an alien egg stashed onboard hatches and its acid blood eats through the mechanicals; Ripley is ejected in an escape pod that lands on a penal planet where an alien egg impregnates a local animal and gets lose within the prison and everyone races to survive their new guest.

ALIEN Resurrection
Over the years, word about the power of the xenomorph species has spread to earth's military and led to a project to clone Ripley, who had been impregnated with an alien queen in 3 and died to kill the species. After finally succeeding with cloning, the queen lays eggs and a group of space mercenaries is enlisted to provide hosts for the alien eggs. Once the aliens reach maturity, they learn a way to escape and get out into the ship; most of the crew escapes but for a handful of military personnel, Ripley, and the mercenary crew. It's a fight for life to escape the military vessel and prevent the alien species from reaching earth.

Uhm no. I didn't really know the Alien and Predator franchises had such a following till I got here. And yeah I've never seen any of the Alien films (save AVP) does that count? looks like I'm missing out.

Uhm no. I didn't really know the Alien and Predator franchises had such a following till I got here. And yeah I've never seen any of the Alien films (save AVP) does that count? looks like I'm missing out.

Yeah, AvP doesn't count!!

Do yourself a favor and watch both Predators, and atleast the first two Aliens! You will be glad you did, and then you'll get sucked into the wonderful world of Hot Toys. (and your wallet will hate you)

:D

Man, the Alien series is one of the best series ever!
Both Alien and Aliens are milestones of Sci-Fi and Horror. My personal fave is Alien, but all movies are good, my least favourite being A:R (the fourth). AvP is a nice sit-back-and-enjoy kinda movie.

Do get the Quadrilogy set, though, it is the best DVD boxed-set ever!

watched alien last night, first time my wife has ever seen the movie! she was scared ****less when dallas was in the air ducts with the alien.

always a good time :rock

watched alien last night, first time my wife has ever seen the movie! she was scared ****less when dallas was in the air ducts with the alien.

always a good time :rock

I just watched it with my GF, back to back with Aliens. She hadn't seen either and is now a huge fan.

I just watched it with my GF, back to back with Aliens. She hadn't seen either and is now a huge fan.

I had an alien Quad. weeked marathon that converted my GF. :maul
I guess it was the first step in getting her to accept my Alien collecting ways. :monkey3

I had an alien Quad. weeked marathon that converted my GF. :maul
I guess it was the first step in getting her to accept my Alien collecting ways. :monkey3

Way to one up the newb :lol

I still need to watch Alien 3 with her. Resurrection, well, I was never a huge fan of that one.

My bad. :eek:

Here is a haul I got from ONEYE.
I decided to customize it and turn it into a "classic" statue.

Pix:

Gun015.jpg

Gun010.jpg

Gun013.jpg

Gun005.jpg

Gun004.jpg

Gun003-1.jpg

Jonsey: "Whaa Da Fuurr"?

Gun012.jpg

"Kitty like strings..."

That would be it's last mistake. :lol

Awesome "statue"!

Thanks. The reason I use the word statue is because it's now glued to the base, and the joints are glued too. :D

Very nice, I take it that started out as the Aoshima figure kit, it was the grid floor that I first noticed, but I didnt get the kitty with mine, it had a cocooned body and chestburster. love that drool!

Back