A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next year will be crazy...look at the tentative list:

luke bespin
joker 89
batman 89
batmobile
joker 2.0
iron monger
capt america avenger
iron man avenger
thor avenger
hawkeye avenger
nick fury avenger
black widow avenger
hulk avenger
loki
red skull
batman rises
bane
catwoman
magneto
xavier
green lantern
amazing spiderman
lizard
anankin???
more star wars figures???
bruce lee figure???
back to the future???
blade runner???

this is probably the minimum we will get next year....its gonna be crazy!!! $$$$ :panic: :cuckoo: :slap :horror :medic

For me (if I can afford it)it'll only be,
joker 89
batman 89
joker 2.0 (Maybe)
hawkeye avenger
nick fury avenger
hulk avenger
batman rises (Maybe)
catwoman (Maybe)

I love the Batman movies but I'm afraid to start getting anything from it because I already feel I have a full plate. I'm sticking with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, possibly Star Wars and hopefully Tron: Legacy if HT has mercy on me and gives me two more figures from it.

Out of these licenses I will predict we will see in 2012.
Nick Fury
Iron Man Mark VII
Hawkeye
Captain America (Avengers)
Darth Vader
Princess Leia (Hoth, Bespins or Slave)

And keeping fingers crossed but not holding my breath
CLU
Quorra

I hope we get a Princess Leia or a Padme.

Also hoping for an Avengers Black Widow, First Class Emma Frost and a Dark Knight Rises Catwoman.

The only one that I am 100% certain will get a release next year is Catwoman.

I love the Batman movies but I'm afraid to start getting anything from it because I already feel I have a full plate. I'm sticking with the Marvel Cinematic Universe possibly Star Wars and hopefully Tron: Legacy if HT has mercy on me and gives me two more figures from it.

Out of these licenses I will predict we will see in 2012.
Nick Fury
Iron Man Mark VII
Hawkeye
Captain America (Avengers)
Darth Vader
Princess Leia (Hoth, Bespins or Slave)

And keeping fingers crossed but not holding my breath
CLU
Quorra

Are you referring to the Marvel produced films only? Cos if so you're missing out Spidey and X-Men 1st Class.

And if not you still are missing X-Men 1st Class from your list. :stick

MGS & X-Men 1st Class are the top two for me this year

I hope we get a Princess Leia or a Padme.

Which version of Leia, i like this one:

3_4_11_PrincessLeia.jpg

I think Hot Toys should create a new section solely on selling headsculpts alone. Their quality detailed life-like headsculpts as of late have been truly amazing and is one factor why Hot Toys are so sought after and some people would take them for kitbashing other characters but cannot afford to spend a lot. Headplay saw this and is taking advantage of this opportunity creating sculpts to pair off with popular HT figures but most of them are not as good as Hot Toys. I mean they're constantly producing True Type Bodies but why not more companion celebrity headsculpts to accompany the already produced characters like they did with Gambit/Wolverine & Rhodes/Iron Man.
:lecture:lecture:lecture

Samples of who I'd like to see made:
Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lungdren in Expendables
Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman for Batman
Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston, Will i Am, Kevin Durand, Ryan Reynolds in Wolverine

Just Saying :wink1:

Are you referring to the Marvel produced films only? Cos if so you're missing out Spidey and X-Men 1st Class.

And if not you still are missing X-Men 1st Class from your list. :stick

MGS & X-Men 1st Class are the top two for me this year

Yeah, I just mean the Marvel Studios films. My decision is mostly just keeping the collection under control. Especially if I'm going to try to add an Iron Monger to my collection.
I plan to see 1st Class still but I have to say the character designs already tell me I wouldn't want an HT figure of any of them.

Just because the films come out next year, I don't expect Hot Toys to release the entire line of Avengers and TDKR figures in 2012. I'd expect most to hit in 2013 and beyond. Look at IM2, the film has been out over a year and we still have Mk II and Mk V yet to be released, not to mention Iron Monger from IM.

I'm thinking we'll get 2, possibly 3 TDKR figures, maybe the same from Avengers. They'll be milking these lines for quite some time.

Another Sunday gone, another week of hearing jack ____ from HT.

Last month's official announcements and/or official teasers:
Jake Sully
IM Mk IV + Gantry
IM Iron Monger
DX Joker 2.0
DX 89 Joker
Keaton Bats
SP Amber
SP Babydoll
BB Bale/Bats
Classic Pred

Lift your game Hot Toys! :lol

Jake Sully
IM Mk IV + Gantry
IM Iron Monger
DX Joker 2.0
DX 89 Joker
Keaton Bats
SP Amber
SP Babydoll
BB Bale/Bats
Classic Pred

:lol He's from Ohio you gotta give him a pass :lol

Jake Sully
IM Mk IV + Gantry
IM Iron Monger
DX Joker 2.0
DX 89 Joker
Keaton Bats
SP Amber
SP Babydoll
BB Bale/Bats
Classic Pred

Like we're not broke enough!

I don't think they're dong any Quorra figs for the Tron line. It's kind of weird there's no Quorra figures with Olivia Wilde's face on it. I'd love to pick one up tho. :(

What do you guys get out of this?

Tomm Wong(Plastic Enemies) just posted this on facebook and yes the picture is that small.I assume it's Joker on the right.

Back