A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did showcase Whiplash with rooted hair in the IM Monaco display at Anicom if you missed it.

As well as a Mark IV Tony head with rooted hair, both liked like crap, IMO. I've only seen one male headsculpt with rooted hair look good, and that was the laughing joker interrogation scene head by... I forget. Other than that, I've never seen one look as good as sculpted hair. Even the one posted above, great sculpt, hair looks like crap.

I'm guessing the people in the picture are EB employees?

i bought a hot toys iron man mark III at a comic shop that i saw for cheap money ($175.00). i bought it for the reason of trading it...but then like the one ring consumed gollum i began to stare at it. then display it. cradle it. it came to me, my own, my precious... wait what was i talking about? oh yea hot toys have got me by the short hairs now.

As well as a Mark IV Tony head with rooted hair, both liked like crap, IMO. I've only seen one male headsculpt with rooted hair look good, and that was the laughing joker interrogation scene head by... I forget. Other than that, I've never seen one look as good as sculpted hair. Even the one posted above, great sculpt, hair looks like crap.

I'm guessing the people in the picture are EB employees?

I wasn't crazy about the rooted hair Whiplash, but I agree that the Joker looks good.

However, he isn't the only 1 male I have seen with rooted hair that looked good/great.

Lalla from OSW has created a few characters that look stunning, the Donnie Yen Ip Man comes to mind immediately:

lallas_ip_man.jpg

ip_man_lg.jpg

I sincerely believe rooted hair is the future of these high end figures. I don't think it'll happen any time soon, but in 5 years, you'll gradually see more. In 10 years, we'll be laughing at any archaic attempts to use sculpted hair.

As realistic as that looks, I don't wish to have any figures with rooted hair.

I would love to have that figure by Lalla, but I agree with you b/c I don't think it's possible to mass produce a rooted hair figure and have the end product look that incredible.

I sincerely believe rooted hair is the future of these high end figures. I don't think it'll happen any time soon, but in 5 years, you'll gradually see more. In 10 years, we'll be laughing at any archaic attempts to use sculpted hair.

My thoughts exactly. I think it's a logical assumption. Hot Toys wants to excel in realism and that would be one way to do so. Like you said, in 10 years they will have mastered the technique. While were are thinking about the future... I personally would like to see a fully posable figure with no visible joints. The current rubber bodies add some restrain to movement and poses but I think they will find a solution for that.

My thoughts exactly. I think it's a logical assumption. Hot Toys wants to excel in realism and that would be one way to do so. Like you said, in 10 years they will have mastered the technique. While were are thinking about the future... I personally would like to see a fully posable figure with no visible joints. The current rubber bodies add some restrain to movement and poses but I think they will find a solution for that.

Next time I fall off my skateboard I'll send HT some skin for cloning.

What's up with HT lately? They announce Bespin Luke, Jack Joker, Batmobile, Batman, Joker 2.0, as well as another Jack Sparrow, and a ____-ton of new licenses, and there's been no specs+pics or any official info for any of it, other than Classic Pred.

^^ don't forget the promised announcement of the '89 Batman and a new Marvel and Metal Gear Solid at Ani-Com

I'm partially glad though, if they previewed all of those and they went up for order then 1st/2nd quarters 2012 would be full without it yet hitting september.

I think they should gradually ready these for order, amongst other new ones cropping up cos having them all at once or near together would be bad.

^^ don't forget the promised announcement of the '89 Batman and a new Marvel and Metal Gear Solid at Ani-Com

I'm partially glad though, if they previewed all of those and they went up for order then 1st/2nd quarters 2012 would be full without it yet hitting september.

I think they should gradually ready these for order, amongst other new ones cropping up cos having them all at once or near together would be bad.

:exactly: There's so much I want, Iron Monger, Batman & Joker'89, The Batmobile, Black Spiderman, Skywalker to name a few but if they came up for PO now & with everything I've all ready got PO'd it would be so hard to keep up.

:exactly: There's so much I want, Iron Monger, Batman & Joker'89, The Batmobile, Black Spiderman, Skywalker to name a few but if they came up for PO now & with everything I've all ready got PO'd it would be so hard to keep up.

Yeah, it's soooooooooooo hard to become a HT addict nowadays! :thud:

Next year will be crazy...look at the tentative list:

luke bespin
joker 89
batman 89
batmobile
joker 2.0
iron monger
capt america avenger
iron man avenger
thor avenger
hawkeye avenger
nick fury avenger
black widow avenger
hulk avenger
loki
red skull
batman rises
bane
catwoman
magneto
xavier
green lantern
amazing spiderman
lizard
anankin???
more star wars figures???
bruce lee figure???
back to the future???
blade runner???

this is probably the minimum we will get next year....its gonna be crazy!!! $$$$ :panic: :cuckoo: :slap :horror :medic

luke bespin
joker 89
batman 89
batmobile
joker 2.0
iron monger
capt america avenger
iron man avenger
thor avenger
hawkeye avenger
nick fury avenger
black widow avenger
hulk avenger
loki
red skull
batman rises
bane
catwoman
magneto
xavier
green lantern
amazing spiderman
lizard
anankin???
bruce lee figure???
back to the future???
blade runner???

this is probably the minimum we will get next year....its gonna be crazy!!! $$$$ :panic: :cuckoo: :slap :horror :medic

Omg... Is to much for one year isn't it?

I think I'll be done with HT when I finish the Avenger line.

I already have:
-Terminator 2 t800
-Iron Man Mark IV
-War Machine

Preorder:
-Spiderman
-Captain america
-Jack Sparrow DX
-Batman/Bruce Wayne "exclusive" :lol

Wish list:
-Thor (Avenger version)
-Hulk (Avengers)
-Captain America (Avengers version)--> Probably I'll get this if it's better than the previous one, and then maybe I'll sell the old :huh
-Darth Vader!! is a MUST!!!
-Snake/big boss
-Gandalf from The Hobbit

That's all for me! Or I pretend :lol

Last edited:
I don't think we will get all those Avengers figures in one year. Maybe four or five. And probably only one X-men and one Spider-Man figure.

luke bespin
joker 89
batman 89
batmobile
joker 2.0
iron monger
capt america avenger
iron man avenger
thor avenger
hawkeye avenger
nick fury avenger
black widow avenger
hulk avenger
loki
red skull
batman rises
bane
catwoman
magneto
xavier
green lantern
amazing spiderman
lizard
anankin???
bruce lee figure???
back to the future???
blade runner???

It is pretty bloated

Only 2 X-Men??

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ag9RxzabGs&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ag9RxzabGs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Not to burst anyones bubble but Avengers has ALOT of hurdles in terms of carrying so many characters at once, few ensemble superhero films work.
X-Men First Class is the best of this bunch, not just a good superhero flick, but a good ensemble story and film all by itself, i'd prefer quite a few X-Men FC over a million Avengers hot toys

Who needs another Black Widow anyway, her character sucked.

I'd say you're gonna need to add another DX batman, probably a James Gordon and Ra's too, they will milk the license, and might as well do it with characters that haven't been done. :lecture

I don't think there is a big chance of a Lizard figure, Avatar was a whole new body and that took forever, but at least they can re-use it.
Hulk is a possiblity, not a huge one for the same reason as above, but i think HT knows how many fans want him.

Don't forget Metal Gear Solid :yess:

Last edited:
Sell your Wolverine to me, you don't need him. He's not worth keeping. I'll gladly talk him off your hands. Do you have a Wolverine in your collection?
:lol:lol:lol

I started with SS and Medicom until I discovered HT. I may purchase an occasional piece from SS (Darth Vader) and Medicom (Anakin Skywalker) but the majority of my figures are HT.

I can go further by saying the majority of my future HT purchases will come from the Marvel license with a few accent pieces from movie icons (Rambo, Terminator, Predator, 300 etc.)

The big question at the moment is determining which older figures to keep and which older figures to sell :confused:

Back