A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've wondered if Prometheus is a possible license for next year. I wouldn't be surprised. I think we will see a couple of more Star Wars releases, maybe the rumored Anakin, a Leia or Darth Vader. My prediction for the first Avengers releases is Mark VII, Cap, Nick Fury and Hawkeye and for TDKR, Batman, Bane and Catwoman.
I'm still hoping against hope for another Tron:Legacy release. maybe another Avatar figure and the announced Green Lantern, which I can't imagine they are in a hurry to do now, and something from X-Men: First Class.

Now this I wanna see! Hope to get a ROTS version of it.:pray:

every other day it seems that there is a new member (great for the forum) who pretty much joins because they've discovered hot toys.

Hot Toys is getting mainstream, usually when something hits the mainstream prices goes up and quality goes down.

Prices have gone up, but so has the quality which is nice.

But the great thing for SSC is when these new members hit the different sections they may discover SSC too :yess:

every other day it seems that there is a new member (great for the forum) who pretty much joins because they've discovered hot toys.

Hot Toys is getting mainstream, usually when something hits the mainstream prices goes up and quality goes down.

But the great thing for SSC is when these new members hit the different sections they may discover SSC too :yess:

I've been here for three years and its because of Hot Toys. I really don't buy much else but the occasional gi Joe.

I've just boxed up my John Connor to sell and before that i re-posed Marcus Wright (i was gonna sell him too) and i just really took notice of something.

Marcus Wright came with two heads, two jackets etc...
T-100 loads of accessories, second head, second outift.

Now this is just my experience from the last few months, but it seems with the more figures being produced there are less additional heads. with the exception of the Iron Man line.

For the increased prices they could've easily thrown in the Art hat and the museum head for the 89 Joker.

Superman could have a second smiling sculpt.

Captain America could have a Steve Rogers unmasked head, BD shield

Jake Sully a roaring head + RDA outift

To me there are less additional heads included in general releases than there used to be?

Batsuit Begins should of had a second body for both display options. (why buy a whole 2nd figure just for the body)

I've just boxed up my John Connor to sell and before that i re-posed Marcus Wright (i was gonna sell him too) and i just really took notice of something.

Now this is just my experience from the last few months, but it seems with the more figures being produced there are less additional heads. with the exception of the Iron Man line.

For the increased prices they could've easily thrown in the Art hat and the museum head for the 89 Joker.

To me there are less additional heads included in general releases than there used to be?

Batsuit Begins should of had a second body for both display options. (why buy a whole 2nd figure just for the body)

I've noticed this as well, It seems like the DX line is at least expected to put in a bit more. But hell, all my TDK MMS figs came with just as much accessories and sometimes even a second head (BRJ,Bats).

Can anyone translate this????

311975_2386400098604_1208831448_2910312_7930126_n.jpg

I think collecting in general is gaining popularity...as far as the prices yup going up, quality, going through the roof! Joker set a new level of realism.

Hot toys have just become greedy! :lol ...most of those things you metioned i'm sure we will eventually get but with separate releases!:gah:

Higher prices + More releases + ____ty worldwide economy = company going out of business.

you'll notice that quality is not part of this equation.

Quick question for all you 12 inch fans. I'm setting up my collectibles not and I have a lot of empty Sideshow, Medicom and Hot Toys boxes. Should I save 'em all or chuck 'em? I know I'm saving my Iron Man boxes, those are nice.

Well I like to know I have a "complete" figure, and the box is a big part of it. Plus, there are times when you lose interest in a figure and decide you want to trade/sell it... much harder without the original packaging.

Back