A Concern Regarding The Prometheus Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow, it seems the armor body, at least with Clonobi, worked out to be equal in height to standard Buck figures.

23.jpg

And going by this image, Stormies are taller than Piett on the Pro.

vadergroup.jpg

Are my eyes going wonky or are the horizon lines in both those pictures tilted?

I think it's just that the figures aren't dead even, especially the Obi-Wan shot, the stands, while pretty much in a line, aren't dead even so skews things.

With the Buck having 3 variations , short, standard, tall will their be the prometheus, and armoured equivalents ?

Surely the time and effort that was taken to develop this new body factored varying heights and compatibility with previous releases ?

Im suprised Ive only just found this thread and seen no reply from sideshow on this issue. I mean even if we wanted to swap out the body at greater expense to us for an improved body we couldnt with some releases, Pricess Leia is sewn into her dress as is the rebel troopers, If Lando was sewn into his outfit then not only would we be looking at expenses of buying a new body if there are obvious height issues be we'd be looking at cutting his clothing to make these improvements, cause thread is cheaper than a button stud ?

Some response to this and an alay of fears would be greatly appreciated, that way your not seen as ignoring the problem and this thread isnt trundling along making others worried !

Well we know there will only be one PRO.

The issue is that Sideshow said that the body was modular - meaning it can be modified to be shorter or taller depending on what pieces you put on it. My issue is that Sideshow seemingly has been forgetting to make the PRO taller on releases where it was ncessary - like Indiana Jones.

I am interested to hear how Snakeeyes' height matches up.

I'm concerned about the modular effect though.

Bumping up Indy to the height of ANH Han wouldn't be too bad, but a Dooku sized figure might look too slender if it's just longer pieces of the current proportions.

Well that depends how they actually apply the modualr effect. Hopefully he won't look too lanky. But I would prefer a lanky Dooku to a midget one. :lol

Seeing how the forearms and things snap together, my guess would be extended versions of those pieces and snapping them on, which is why I'm curious about the whole thing.

Well those are the pieces we know about. Maybe a part of the torso is also modular? We just don't know.

I could care less about in scale with real life. At this point we want our figures in scale with each other. Which the PRO (as seen on Indiana Jones) is not. I don't want ROTJ Han Solo to be the same size as Jedi Luke (or Leia as Boush for that matter :lol).

I could care less about in scale with real life. At this point we want our figures in scale with each other. Which the PRO (as seen on Indiana Jones) is not. I don't want ROTJ Han Solo to be the same size as Jedi Luke (or Leia as Boush for that matter :lol).

Exactly. Right or wrong, there have been significant scales set in the Star Wars line that the Pro contradicts. The Buck figures did a good job of height balancing Luke, Han and Leia, but on the Pro, Han would be the same as a Buck Luke.

I now have both a nude HT True Type and a nude SS PRO in hand and the height problem (and solution) has now become obvious to me.

The actual TT and PRO are the almost the EXACT same size. Here are my measurements:

Shoulder Blade to Pelvis: TT 9.5 cm PRO 9 cm
Shoulder to Wrist: TT 9.5 cm PRO 9 cm
Hip to bottom of the Shin: TT 13.5 cm PRO 13.5 cm
Over all height: TT 20.5 cm PRO 20.5 cm

The reason why the TT is taller than the PRO is simple. It wouldn't require Sideshow to spend a ton on more R&D or anything like that.

The TT has 1 cm leg extenders at the bottom of each leg.​
:duh

I believe that when Sideshow said the body was modular it was this addition to the body which they may have been (at least in part) referring to and which seems to have been over looked on the Indy figure.

So PLEASE Sideshow, make sure that the base figures which require a taller height have these extenders included. Its a simple and easy thing. Indy should have had it and every regular sized character you release on the PRO should have it.

:peace

Just so you know, the TrueType's "extender" really isn't an extender, if you pop it off you cannot put the ball joint into what remains. A few folks did this to shorten their Jack Sparrow figures, which it's ok for because he wears boots, but figures where feet/shoes need to attach to the TrueType calf, you have to leave this on.

Medicom is an example of using leg extenders, their Maul RAH had them on and he was too tall looking, I popped them off.

I support ways to heighten Pro figures, but I still wish the overaull build could be a bit beefier and proportioned to the size of the heads.

I also learned that the forearms and the shins pop off. So I am thinking these are both a part of their "modular" design. I seem to remember someone posting a tutorial on how they used ball point pen cases to add height to their medicom. I think something like that may work on the PRO.

Back