A Concern Regarding The Prometheus Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops. My bad. Sorry. :eek:

Jarjar is an obvious one. Longer legs and arms, but the shoulders would be perfect. :lol

I decided to do my own comparisons and got quite different results.

Indy and Han
height1.JPG

Indy - short Buck (from Ki Adi Mundi) - Han
height2.JPG

Pro - Truetype - short buck - tall buck
height3.JPG

THE FOLLOWING IS BASED ON COMPARING SHOULDER HEIGHT.

The Pro is slightly shorter than the tall buck, but as you can see, the short Buck is much shorter than either. The Pro is almost exactly the height of the TT.

Belloq should still be on a shorter body than Indy, but the difference between Han and Indy is negligible.

Billy Dee is 6' to Harrison's 6'1" - so the difference between the tall Buck and the Pro will make their heights almost exactly proportional.

I would encourage everyone that's concerned about this to do their own comparisons.

In case you're wondering - in the background is a BBi (which is slightly shorter than the Pro and Buck) and the Triad body, which is the same height as the Pro and TT.

edit: yes 3 of them are wearing boots, which puts them on equal footing (so to speak). But the difference between the 3 taller and the short Buck is so great that the .5 centimeter difference isn't noteworthy.

Thanks for the comparison Dave. :) It has lessened my fears. Cab you explain why your pics seem to show less of a height issue, while the other ones scare the bejeesus out of me?

:confused:

Thanks for the comparison Dave. :) It has lessened my fears. Cab you explain why your pics seem to show less of a height issue, while the other ones scare the bejeesus out of me?

:confused:

Clothes make all the difference I guess. The Pro is shorter, but it's no where near as drastic as implied.

I don' tthink anyone is taking Indy's hat into account. Imagine that Indy figure without the fedora on his head. It's significantly shorter than Han. The only reason they are even close is because of the high peak of the hat. :(

I can't wait to have a Pro in my possession so that I can do some comparisons. From the looks of things, I have to admit that the new body is far more proportional than the Buck. But, damn. :( I'd really hate to have a collection that is only partially to scale.

Part of the problem is the lack of feet on the Pro body. That's part of what makes the Pro appear the same height as the short Buck.

I don' tthink anyone is taking Indy's hat into account. Imagine that Indy figure without the fedora on his head. It's significantly shorter than Han. The only reason they are even close is because of the high peak of the hat. :(

I can't wait to have a Pro in my possession so that I can do some comparisons. From the looks of things, I have to admit that the new body is far more proportional than the Buck. But, damn. :( I'd really hate to have a collection that is only partially to scale.

I'm comparing the shoulders, not the top of the head.

So do you think that at least part of this is due to better proportions on the Prometheus? Because the disparity between the shoulders and the top of the head on the two Harrison Ford-based figures is pretty huge. I wonder what that is...

I just bought a PRO from coolkansas wind. I am very anxious to see this in person and make my own conclusions. All these pics are confusing me. :lol

It's still about a 1/2-3/4 of an inch difference though (which in a real life scale takes Harrison down from his 6'1" to about 5'5"). And if you go by the top of the heads (you can put the bare Indy head on for comparison), it's not earth shatteringly drastic like Medicom stature, but it's still horribly inconsistent with the many other figures we have from them on Bucks.

I just bought a PRO from coolkansas wind. I am very anxious to see this in person and make my own conclusions. All these pics are confusing me. :lol

So you started this thread without even owning a figure to make a accusation to begin with???

I started this thread based on concerns I had over pictures I had seen of Han and Indy side by side.

Do I have to own the PRO in order to formulate an opinion or express a concern, Mr. EF?

I started this thread based on concerns I had over pictures I had seen of Han and Indy side by side.

Do I have to own the PRO in order to formulate an opinion or express a concern, Mr. EF?

Not all the time. But if you are going to spam threads and even product feedback areas of Sideshows own website, I think owning it would add more weight to the complaint.

Not all the time. But if you are going to spam threads and even product feedback areas of Sideshows own website, I think owning it would add more weight to the complaint.

Well I have to disagree. Obviously I touched a nerve and expressed a concern which a lot of people were feeling.

Why does it matter one way or the other to you? Bored much?

Back