A Concern Regarding The Prometheus Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lukelostit.jpg

Going by this image, Marc's concerns are correct. The proportion of ANH Han to Luke is pretty much dead right, Indy to Luke is taller but no much.

Well I have to disagree. Obviously I touched a nerve and expressed a concern which a lot of people were feeling.

Why does it matter one way or the other to you? Bored much?

It's matters cause it's a post on a public forum I'm on. Did I touch a nerve?

Here you go Marc.

Big Boy / Prometheus / Buck Standard / Short Buck / Tall Buck

SSC_BODIES.jpg

Based on this pic, the Pro looks fine. Arnold is said to be 6'2" , Ford 6'1" and Neeson 6'4" so Solo should not be the same height as Quigon.

:lol

Well your nerve was obviously touched since you felt you had to express your opinion on my opinion.

What? Should I apologize to you or pat you on head? :lol

I'd say better to have a standard Pro that makes figures as tall as a Standard Buck. It seems better to me if the tall figures are marginally off from tall than to have short figures and supposedly average sized figures almost equal in height. Put a current Pro Han next to a Buck Luke and Luke no longer seems short, or the Pro figure looks short and not tall.

Since the goal of this thread is to benefit the integration of Pro figures into Buck collections, I think the aim to beef up the Pro is still valid. I know that Indy and G.I. Joe are fresh lines all with the new body so there's no discrepancy there, but Star Wars has been running for years now, we've got like 30+ figures on various Bucks, the new figures are going to look strange mixed in.

It's matters cause it's a post on a public forum I'm on. Did I touch a nerve?

SSC_BODIES.jpg

Based on this pic, the Pro looks fine. Arnold is said to be 6'2" , Ford 6'1" and Neeson 6'4" so Solo should not be the same height as Quigon.

That's just it, it doesn't. Solo (on the Buck) should be the same height as Indy (on the Pro). You have the same actor side-by-side and he's like the "chump sidekick" version of himself! :huh :lol

That's just it, it doesn't. Solo (on the Buck) should be the same height as Indy (on the Pro). You have the same actor side-by-side and he's like the "chump sidekick" version of himself! :huh :lol

What EF's saying though, is that Han Solo is the wrong height of the figures in my photo, that Indy in relation to T2 and Qui-Gon is right and ANH Han and Luke are too tall.

What EF's saying though, is that Han Solo is the wrong height of the figures in my photo, that Indy in relation to T2 and Qui-Gon is right and ANH Han and Luke are too tall.

No, wrong. There is only a 1-inch difference in height between Harrison Ford who is 6'1" and Schwarzenegger (assuming you're going off of his proclaimed height) at 6'2". Solo is perfectly to scale with the Terminator and Qui Gon and Indy is too short. Liam is only about a few inches taller than Harrison:

Last edited:
IMO Indy's height only matters in comparison to other Indiana Jones characters.

I'm personally not worried how one property compares to other licenses, since I'm not posing them side by side.

Now, if Lando or other SW figures come out of scale, then I'll complain, but on the other hand, its not like SSC was 100% perfect on their scale choices with the Buck either...

Well that's the general concern, not how Indy stacks up against other figures, but that he's the sign of how Pro bodied figures stack up against Bucks.

You're right Prog, scaling wasn't perfect with the Bucks, that's the challenge with only so many base bodies, but at least there was some, which is more than can be said about Hot Toys.

I think everyone concerned with the Pro is concerned because the expectation was that say you adapted the ANH Han head for the Pro body and made a figure of it, you could stand them side by side and the only noticeable difference would be the Pro based one would look better with the tight clothes and the poseability would be stronger. While those were achieved (at least I head Belloq's got tighter joints for posing), the first part wasn't, you've essentially seen an ANH Han on the Pro stood next to the Buck one and the size difference is right there.

IMO Indy's height only matters in comparison to other Indiana Jones characters.

I'm personally not worried how one property compares to other licenses, since I'm not posing them side by side.

Now, if Lando or other SW figures come out of scale, then I'll complain, but on the other hand, its not like SSC was 100% perfect on their scale choices with the Buck either...

Well, if we look at that, then a good example would be said Indy line. Indy and Belloq are the exact same eight whereas Belloq, Paul Freeman, at 5'9" should be a smidgen shorter. And since the Harbinger's pro is exactly the same size as both Indy and Belloq, one has to wonder.

I think everyone concerned with the Pro is concerned because the expectation was that say you adapted the ANH Han head for the Pro body and made a figure of it, you could stand them side by side and the only noticeable difference would be the Pro based one would look better with the tight clothes and the poseability would be stronger. While those were achieved (at least I head Belloq's got tighter joints for posing), the first part wasn't, you've essentially seen an ANH Han on the Pro stood next to the Buck one and the size difference is right there.

Your post is a bit confusing. I think everyone's concerned that their Star Wars figures on the Bucks won't be to scale with their Star Wars figures on the Pro (throw the custom aspect out the window). And with Sideshow dipping their fingers in all of the movies for the Bucks, means if they don't fix the height of the Pro, there won't be any size consistency across the 1:6 license as far as both bodies are concerned.

The issue is not so complex you guys.

Is the stadard sized PRO releases (ie the characters who are around 6 feet tall) going to continue to be released on PRO bodies which are closer in height to the Short Buck (which was intended for characters whose height was closer to 5'6).

Its not that hard to understand. Where is all this confusion arising from? :dunno

I get it, presumably standard sized Pro body figures are the size of short Buck figures and the concern is will their be a larger Pro that's in better scale to existing Buck standards for the standard height males.

Not quite right either because we know the PRO is it. No other body from SS will be forthcoming.

When Sideshow first announced the PRO they said the height changes would be built into the body (this is what they meant when they referred to the body as being "modular"). Supposedly you could swap out parts to make the same body either shorter or taller.

What I wanna know is if Sideshow actually plans on using that height changeability in future releases? Because they obviously didn't take advantage of it for Indy.

Well, my guess is, the existing Pro is probably the standard and the modular would be to make shorter folks, and then bashes like they did with the Armor body for Vader will be used if and when a figure would benefit from it, or we may still see the Buck used for the taller figures.

If the Indy Pro is the standard height one, it'll be liveable, but it'd be nice if a scaled up version were produced to match in better with the Star Wars line. Use the current Pro size for the lines using it exclusively like Joe and Indy and have a better fitting one to keep SW consistent.

Back