3A: The Invincible Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little disappointed in the design. I was really looking forward to seeing what 3A and Ashley would come up with, but this is a bit of a let-down. It looks like they blended the classic Iron Man suit from the 70s with some Ashley Wood stuff, but the combo is too clean and tidy. I wish they would have gone all in one way or the other. This feels very wishy washy and so un-Ashley.

Yeah, I agree, I too expected something totally different.

I still want to see the painted version though, this one still even looks like a 3D model.

^Sorry mate, I don't feel the 3A design that much already, but it looks even blander without the large feet and small head.

I do like that you made the chest core bigger.

This line won't make it based of this. If they came out with a different character first more human... Then maybe.

idk I think people that were over the moon about 3A doing the license are still excited for the most part. I mean you knew it would be like this given it's Ashley Wood's take on the characters. I have less a problem with the design and more of a problem with the fact that it is Iron Man first. Seems like a love/hate reaction otherwise. If I was planning on buying I would be more concerned about the seamless body/covered joints.

Last edited:
idk I think people that were over the moon about 3A doing the license are still excited for the most part. I mean you knew it would be like this given it's Ashley Wood's take on the characters.

I didn't. I thought it'd be like the Real Steel stuff, where it stays truer to the characters. If Doom is like this, I have no interest in that either.

Early on I read an interview with him that said the line would be his take or 're-imagining' on these characters -on the 3A forum or somewhere. So they will all probably be like this.

idk I think people that were over the moon about 3A doing the license are still excited for the most part. I mean you knew it would be like this given it's Ashley Wood's take on the characters. I have less a problem with the design and more of a problem with the fact that it is Iron Man first. Seems like a love/hate reaction otherwise. If I was planning on buying I would be more concerned about the seamless body/covered joints.

That's my point as well. :goodpost:

ironman3.jpg

ironman1.jpg

ironman2.jpg

I quite like it as well, & am pretty excited about Dr Doom, Ultron & Spiderman (who's his pal?).
After Iron Man we have Doc Doom, Ultron and Spiderman and his Pal, actually many more, but I wanna keep some surprises!
Different colourways, although cool, might annoy my wallet .....
We have some nifty colorways to show you soon

There's elements I like about it. Not something I'd collect but I can see the appeal and I bet the line will look pretty cool on display. Like a lot of others, I was hoping for a more comics inspired design for this line but 3A deserves credit for doing something different and not just aping HT. Looking forward to seeing it progress and to other releases (like Doom and Ultron) even if I don't end-up buying.

Back